Page 46 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 2070
  1.    #901  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Two other quick quesitons (I am ready to take the plunge today):

    1. Can anyone confirm which is the latest version of 6 that has the MS Exchange working? Is it testing 2?

    2. Is the Trimmed WM6 rom quicker than the latest testing version?

    3. In terms of having a VZW phone, is everything needed in the first few posts?

    Thanks,
    Rich
    1. Testing 2 works, as does Testing 4. There are a few bluetooth and SD card issues in Testing 4 (I'm using 4 without much issue. Cheaper SD cards especially have problems with 4, if you have a SanDisk card I doubt you'll notice it much).

    2. Trimmed is faster than Testing 2. There's probably not a huge difference between Trimmed and Testing 4 (4 is slower, but not by much at all).

    3. If you read the first few posts it clearly explains what to do for Verizon phones. But all you really need to do is make sure you remove the firmware.bin.
  2. #902  
    Sorry for the redundant questions but...

    For the WM6 Trimmed rom - I want this right?

    http://mygeek911.com/700rom/Custom%20WM6%20ROMS/Ebag's%20Trimmed%20WM6%20ROM.zip

    Then I just delete the firmware.bin file & follow the instructions? That version will work with MS exchange? BT is working just fine on that version?
  3.    #903  
    That's the original Verizon ROM, just some useless files removed and a few EXE's UPX'd.

    I cannot attest to whether it's something you'd like or not, or what exactly is working "fine".
  4. #904  
    Hey, I've never removed the firmware.bin from the roms before flashing, my phone is verizon and has been working fine. Did I really screw something up not doing that?
  5. #905  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Hey, I've never removed the firmware.bin from the roms before flashing, my phone is verizon and has been working fine. Did I really screw something up not doing that?
    I never removed it either and i am on alltel. i have not had any problems. i have flashed my phone several times with testing 2, testing 4 and nightravens rom over at xda.
  6.    #906  
    I cannot attest to whether having or removing firmware.bin will effect your phone settings.

    Early on, several people reported that having it in the root of your SD card (along with the ROM) put them on a different network. Something else may have been going on, however.

    I have never removed it and had no problems, but I've always used Sprint's updater, so I wouldn't.

    YMMV.
  7. #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I cannot attest to whether having or removing firmware.bin will effect your phone settings.

    Early on, several people reported that having it in the root of your SD card (along with the ROM) put them on a different network. Something else may have been going on, however.

    I have never removed it and had no problems, but I've always used Sprint's updater, so I wouldn't.

    YMMV.
    I couldnt even begin to tell you where to find the firmware.bin file. It wasn't on the root on any of the time I flashed. I dont know if its built into the rom or if is a seperate download or what. All I know is I have flashed several times using napaboth.nb0 and I am running perfectly on Alltel.
  8. #908  
    Hi,

    I upgraded to the WM6 full rom last night. I must say - nice job on the ROM. Overall, the performance is much better than that of WM5. I do have one problem, however, every now and then - my phone temporarily freezes. After several seconds, it unfreezes and goes back to normal. This seems to be when I'm scrolling up and down the "Programs" folder on the Start menu.

    Any idea on what could be causing the problem?

    Thanks,

    Kevin
  9. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Hi,

    I upgraded to the WM6 full rom last night. I must say - nice job on the ROM. Overall, the performance is much better than that of WM5. I do have one problem, however, every now and then - my phone temporarily freezes. After several seconds, it unfreezes and goes back to normal. This seems to be when I'm scrolling up and down the "Programs" folder on the Start menu.

    Any idea on what could be causing the problem?

    Thanks,

    Kevin
    I find the exact same thing so it's not just you...one "new" problem I've been having with version 2 is that bluetooth will disable itself on its own...
  10. #910  
    Alright, first I installed the trimmed WM6 rom and was greatly impressed. I then took a look in my network settings out of curiosity (Automatic A? how *****!) Needless to say I ended up reflashing to WM5. Performing a ##RTN while under WM6 left me able to connect to sprint towers again, but data would not work for anything (anything.)

    After installing Testing 4, I can confirm that a $9 2GB SD card from (and branded by) Micro Center mall works only intermittently. Another interesting thing to note is that for the first time since I've had my treo, under Testing 4, the LED behaves normally! It will blink a little green light under normal conditions. I find this extremely irritating. Since the stock rom, it's never come on unless charging or out of coverage. Going back to Trimmed now.

    Thank you Ebag, for all of your hard work! This is a fantastic development for this long-forgotten phone. My Treo salutes you. *waves American flag*

    Edit: Ebag, what do you think of the Treo 800w so far? I'm so excited for this release, but I can't afford one. Sprint even gave me my $150 upgrade approximately 18 months early. Funny thing that.
  11. #911  
    Can someone point me to the post in this thread for testing2? I cant find it on the main page.

    Thanks<
    Rich
  12. #912  
    Here it is. On second thought, I may give Testing 2 a try myself.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=474
  13. #913  
    I replaced the WM6 full ROM with the WM6 Lite one and now everything is working flawlessly so far - much better performance, too. :-)

    -Kevin

    Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    Hi,

    I upgraded to the WM6 full rom last night. I must say - nice job on the ROM. Overall, the performance is much better than that of WM5. I do have one problem, however, every now and then - my phone temporarily freezes. After several seconds, it unfreezes and goes back to normal. This seems to be when I'm scrolling up and down the "Programs" folder on the Start menu.

    Any idea on what could be causing the problem?

    Thanks,

    Kevin
  14. #914  
    Quote Originally Posted by kihorun View Post
    Alright, first I installed the trimmed WM6 rom and was greatly impressed. I then took a look in my network settings out of curiosity (Automatic A? how *****!) Needless to say I ended up reflashing to WM5. Performing a ##RTN while under WM6 left me able to connect to sprint towers again, but data would not work for anything (anything.)
    Question for you. I did a RTN reset when I was in WM6, and I cannot connect to data. Have you resolved this issue? Verizon can't help me.
  15. #915  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    Question for you. I did a RTN reset when I was in WM6, and I cannot connect to data. Have you resolved this issue? Verizon can't help me.
    you are going to have to flash back to WM5 to be able to get things going EVDO wise. you can reset the MDN and MSID in WM6, but when it comes to getting the vision service going you need to have WM5. the button needed to get the vision service provisioned is visible but non functioning using the WM6 roms that have been cooked for the 700wx. it works just fine in WM5.

    sorry nobody warned you of this, but in all reality it is a small price to pay to get an O/S upgrade on your phone for free...
  16. #916  
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    you are going to have to flash back to WM5 to be able to get things going EVDO wise. you can reset the MDN and MSID in WM6, but when it comes to getting the vision service going you need to have WM5. the button needed to get the vision service provisioned is visible but non functioning using the WM6 roms that have been cooked for the 700wx. it works just fine in WM5.

    sorry nobody warned you of this, but in all reality it is a small price to pay to get an O/S upgrade on your phone for free...
    That's fine and great and all, except I DON'T have Vision. Vision is a Sprint thing, not Verizon. I tried flashing back to WM5 and reprovisioned my phone with *228. Then when I tried to setup my data through ##DATA, it tried setting up Vision services. And I also don't know my HA Password, if it's needed.
  17. #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    That's fine and great and all, except I DON'T have Vision. Vision is a Sprint thing, not Verizon. I tried flashing back to WM5 and reprovisioned my phone with *228. Then when I tried to setup my data through ##DATA, it tried setting up Vision services. And I also don't know my HA Password, if it's needed.
    did you ever try loading the palm 1.22 update? if i remember correctly it fixed a network connection problem with the 700w
  18.    #918  
    Quote Originally Posted by kihorun View Post
    Edit: Ebag, what do you think of the Treo 800w so far? I'm so excited for this release, but I can't afford one. Sprint even gave me my $150 upgrade approximately 18 months early. Funny thing that.
    I keep having my feeling swing from "It's awsome" to "It sucks!"

    A huge part of it though is that I'm spoiled with the custom ROM's and xCPUScalar (which doesn't work yet on the new processor). The speed of the custom ROM's.....especially the uber-fast WM5.....*drools*

    GPS doesn't work with other programs out of the box. That's enough to make me tear my hair out.

    And the stylus! Oh, don't get me started on the stylus! Palm should send a new stylus to every 800w user, free of charge. The 700w/wx had just about the PERFECT stylus, this one is bit too thin to be comfortable, and the plastic flex means that any time I want to hit a button on the screen, I have to aim below the button and press real hard, and watch the stylus flex up to actually press it. Get real! I don't mind a plastic stylus (which they did supposedly so it metal wouldn't reduce the signal), but it needs to be solid, not flimsy enough for me to break with my pinky.

    Other than those three issues, I love it! Pocket Outlook works *BEAUTIFULLY*, and the synching with Exchange flows so smoothly that you'd never even realize what problems POutlook had in WM5 or earlier.

    Oh, and remote wipe works too. Ask me how I know.....
    (Exchange admin messing around since I'm the first person using it. It DOES hard reset your device.)

    I have really very little complaints about the 800w. Once I get an aftermarket stylus, I'll be OK there, and updates (individual program or Palm) should take care of the rest of the issues. I love it, and am glad I made the switch.

    Especially since I'm now contemplating how to get the 800w ROM on the 700wx......I'll just have to pry the 700wx away from the Mrs long enough for me to reflash.



    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    Question for you. I did a RTN reset when I was in WM6, and I cannot connect to data. Have you resolved this issue? Verizon can't help me.
    Call Verizon and tell them that you need to reprovision your phone. There are several threads on here which walk you through the basics, do a search of the 700wx forums for: rtn msl data
    (for example this post: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=24 )

    You'll need all the different settings, so that's why you need to call Verizon and get 'em (your MSL, etc....actually I think on Verizon everyone's MSL is 000000....)

    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    sorry nobody warned you of this, but in all reality it is a small price to pay to get an O/S upgrade on your phone for free...
    Actually there's at least half a dozen warnings in this thread, not to mention the warnings I've put in the first few posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    That's fine and great and all, except I DON'T have Vision. Vision is a Sprint thing, not Verizon. I tried flashing back to WM5 and reprovisioned my phone with *228. Then when I tried to setup my data through ##DATA, it tried setting up Vision services. And I also don't know my HA Password, if it's needed.
    HA password is needed. Call Verizon for it (see my above reply to your post).

    Also, did you leave the firmware.bin in place when flashing? Sounds like you may have and now are on Sprint's network.

    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    did you ever try loading the palm 1.22 update? if i remember correctly it fixed a network connection problem with the 700w
    I'm not sure what was updated in 1.22 for Verizon. All the customer WM5 ROM's are based off Sprint's 1.15 ROM, which is the equivelent of Verizon's 1.22.

    Unfortunatly no ROM's can be based off Verizon's WM5 ROM's as they are encrypted.
  19. agreenbhm's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #919  
    well, it's not spring anymore, so i guess that wm6 for vzw has to come out sometime this summer.

    ebag, any info on when that's gonna happen?
  20. #920  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Especially since I'm now contemplating how to get the 800w ROM on the 700wx......I'll just have to pry the 700wx away from the Mrs long enough for me to reflash.
    If you send me the XIP and the ROM you pulled using pdocread. I can port the OS to the 700wx. This is the only way to get the image moved over, because of the driver difference. Basically you put the 700wx drivers in the 800w images, and it will work. As for the screen sized difference, it's just a driver on the 800w telling it to use that resolution. Using the 700wx drivers will cause the rom to display 240x240.

    At this point, I would rather port the 800w rom to the 700wx instead of the 750. It's a lot less work.

Posting Permissions