Page 45 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
    So, I spent most of the afternoon porting a 6.1 rom from the 750, which I found over at xda. I did not check to see if the image would at least flash before I started porting it. So when I went to flash the ported rom to one of my test phones, It did could to find a rom image on the sd card. I know that 750 ROMs will flash successfully on a 700wx if your rename the file. They just won't boot because the XIP portition of the ROM is for the wrong hardware.

I am tired an frustrated for not checking the rom first and wasting several hours of work. for now I am going to take a few days off, and wait for Ebag's dump of the 800w rom. Until then if anyone finds a 6.1 rom from the 750 which flashes successfully (I know it won't boot, but you can always reflash to another rom.) Let me know, and I might work on it somemore tomorrow night after I am good and drunk...
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    from the today screen... menu --> preferences --> hide lookup field
    dur! Thank you for pointing out the obvious!
    I was even in that menu thinking "It was here in WM5..."

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Just an fyi...there is a post in the 800w forum about a possible reg fix (different than previously posted reg fix here) for their micro-SD cards...don't waste your time...I tried it and my card still disappeared within 5 minutes after soft resetting...
    Last edited by pdawg17; 07/12/2008 at 10:13 AM.
    I am a newb, but I have searched and been unable to find what I need. I am trying to build a custom rom for my Treo 700wx. I have found tools on XDA to convert a cab file into an OEM package. Now all of the other ROM kitchens are very automated and you can just click on the OEM and everything is done for you. The kitchen that we have for the 700 (thanks Ebag) is not as advanced. SO once I have converted my information to an OEM package, how do I add it to the ROM? DO I just take everything from the folder and add it to the ROM or is there something else that needs to be done?

Second, I have an MP3 ringtone, I would like to add. I have added it to my ROM and tried to move it to the WIndows/RIngs folder using an initflashfile, but it did not work. The ringtone is in the Windows folder, but it did not get moved. Can anyone give me any tips here?

Finally, I would like to build into the ROM all of the standard settings the way that I like to have them. Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do that? Would using a .rgu file be the easiest way?

Thanks in advance for all of the help in advance. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Just an fyi...there is a post in the 800w forum about a possible reg fix for their micro-SD cards...don't waste your time...I tried it and my card still disappeared within 5 minutes after soft resetting...
    Ebag, I took your stripped ROM and gave a first shot at a custom one for myself. I removed sdbus and sdmemory and added the ones from the SDHC.777.cab and dumped them in. I put these in WITHOUT the sdhc.dll and have had zero issues. I went to bed last night seeing the card. I woke up this morning 10 hours later and the phone could still see the card. In my previous ROM that I added SDHC to, I never had a single issue losing the card, even without the jasjamming reg fix. By the way, I am using an 8GB MicroCenter SDHC card. I can see, read, and write all 8GB with no issue. I got the card for $30 too. Not bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Ebag, I took your stripped ROM and gave a first shot at a custom one for myself. I removed sdbus and sdmemory and added the ones from the SDHC.777.cab and dumped them in. I put these in WITHOUT the sdhc.dll and have had zero issues. I went to bed last night seeing the card. I woke up this morning 10 hours later and the phone could still see the card. In my previous ROM that I added SDHC to, I never had a single issue losing the card, even without the jasjamming reg fix. By the way, I am using an 8GB MicroCenter SDHC card. I can see, read, and write all 8GB with no issue. I got the card for $30 too. Not bad.
    do share this rom.
  7.    #887  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    If you could get the complete rom off the 800w I would like to put that on my 700WX. Then I would just need the 800 display for the 320x320. I don't need the wifi or gps.
    Wouldn't work. Different hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    do share this rom.
    You don't want it. He's done some funky things. Probably works well for him, but most people I don't think would like it.

Come on! Build your own ROM!
    I really just want the 320x320 display. I hate to give up my full size SD card slot and the bigger battery of my 700wx. The battery in my 700 dies fast enough.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Come on! Build your own ROM!
    I wouldn't mind trying at all but I just don't get the kitchen thing...it's a little over my head I guess...
    You don't want it. He's done some funky things. Probably works well for him, but most people I don't think would like it.
    I have uploaded my stripped with SDHC ROM. It also includes a new today theme. This isn't the funky one. I removed my initflashfiles, which didn't work for me anyways. I need to do some more work on that. This one is just Ebag's stripped ROM, with support for 8GB SDHC, new theme, and Verizon images.

http://www.4shared.com/file/55016246...pped_SDHC.html
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just went back to the trimmed wm6 rom on my sprint 700wx and now there is no sound.. any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: never mind all of a sudden the sound started working again haha
    Last edited by tekky; 07/13/2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Can someone link me to an example of the steps to use the kitchen prog? For example, if I wanted to add newer bluetooth drivers, how would I add them? Please just a quick one and then I'll figure it out from there...I'm a quick learner - just not a "figure-outer"...
    Everything you need to know is in this thread. That's really all we've got to go on at the moment.

There's an Excel spreadsheet (in Russian) with file descriptions (use Google to translate) that you can use to figure out what files relate to what. You have to remove old files and add new files. I haven't been brave enough to try anything yet... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  14.    #894  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Can someone link me to an example of the steps to use the kitchen prog? For example, if I wanted to add newer bluetooth drivers, how would I add them? Please just a quick one and then I'll figure it out from there...I'm a quick learner - just not a "figure-outer"...
    Be a "quick reader" and look at the first few posts of the thread. There are plenty of examples/etc there. If you understand the basic use of the tools, the GUI becomes quite easy.
    Hmmm...

I wonder if the 800W ROM would allow us to get position using towers? Interesting possiblity. The current ROM has the APIs unavailable, if I understand this correctly.
  16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Hmmm...

I wonder if the 800W ROM would allow us to get position using towers? Interesting possiblity. The current ROM has the APIs unavailable, if I understand this correctly.
    API's are an interface. The hardware isn't there to match the API's.

A least that's my understanding.
    API's are an interface. The hardware isn't there to match the API's.

A least that's my understanding.

Maybe you are right. I understood it was hardware-supported but Palm has not made the APIs unavailable. Of course, even if I am correct, that does not mean the APIs from 800W will work with 700WX hardware.
    Last edited by westronic; 07/13/2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Ok guys... Decided to post a link for downloading files....

I will be posting all files that are mentioned here on my site...

The direct link to the download area where the Treo 700wx files will be at is...

http://www.mobileroms.com/modules/wf...wcat.php?cid=2

As I have time I will be adding other stuff from here and providing the links as well...

Had some major issues due to some storms that passed through here last week so been behind getting this stuff on the ball...

The web site will be getting modified as I get used to it but the downloads are available to anyone who is not sure whats available. You do not need to be registered to download the files. I haven't been on here in a couple days so not sure what the latest ROM is.. the latest I have is the "testing 4 ROM".

Rodney
  19.    #899  
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    The web site will be getting modified as I get used to it but the downloads are available to anyone who is not sure whats available.
    Interesting. I'll post my thoughts in another thread (and get you some more exposure ) to avoid hijacking my own thread.

And yes, Testing 4 is currently the latest availible one.
    Two other quick quesitons (I am ready to take the plunge today):

1. Can anyone confirm which is the latest version of 6 that has the MS Exchange working? Is it testing 2?

2. Is the Trimmed WM6 rom quicker than the latest testing version?

3. In terms of having a VZW phone, is everything needed in the first few posts?

Thanks,
    Rich