1.    #861  
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    They say that the new phone for new people is:

$599.99
    -150.00 Instant New Customer Rebate
    -100.00 Instant 800W Rebate
    -100.00 Mail In Palm Rebate

$249.99

Anyone have any insight how I can get the best price on this unit? I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I have seen the pricing your describing as well, I would love to know how Ebag333 found the $100 'fix' as well!!! Some guys have all the luck!!!! LOL
    Sprint offered me a $50 per line renewal credit. It's not really phone specific, but the $150 credit will help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Sprint offered me a $50 per line renewal credit. It's not really phone specific, but the $150 credit will help.
    I wouldn't turn it down....way to go!! I can't wait for your reviews....I'm waiting (not so patiently) for the 800w myself!!!!

After 2 days of Hard resets ##rtf#'s ##datas etc etc etc etc i finally got it reprovisioned. then after only 1 day of running wm5 i reflashed up to wm6testing4. i cant live without the html emails etc. if i break anything else ill let you know! ill be doing my best not to tho i was just offered a new job so im gonna need the phone.
    I finally was able to extract the XIP from the 700wx. I had to use pdocread to grab it directly of the device. Major pain in the a$$. I should now be able to create a ported 6.1 rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I finally was able to extract the XIP from the 700wx. I had to use pdocread to grab it directly of the device. Major pain in the a$$. I should now be able to create a ported 6.1 rom.
    now that sounds awesome!
    ETA To Testing 5 Rom?
  7.    #867  
    Oooooh.

How are you planning on updating the XIP in the Verizon 6.0 ROM?
    Excellent!! Keep us informed!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Ebag,

Do you think that with the Treo 800w you could port more things over to the 700wx?

Thanks
    Rich
  10.    #870  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Ebag,

Do you think that with the Treo 800w you could port more things over to the 700wx?

Thanks
    Rich
    Possibly. I won't know until I get it.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    YES!! I'll be a guinea pig if you want...
    Hmmm.. could you do that based off the 800W 6.1 ROM?
    Oooooh.

How are you planning on updating the XIP in the Verizon 6.0 ROM?
    I'm going to use an app called XIPPort. There are limited instructions, so it will amount to more trial and error. This is how Roms have been ported for other devices, so it should work just fine.
  14.    #874  
    I'm going to use an app called XIPPort. There are limited instructions, so it will amount to more trial and error. This is how Roms have been ported for other devices, so it should work just fine.
    I'm familiar with XIPPort, but if XIPPort can't read from the 700wx's ROM, what makes you think it'll write to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Hmmm.. could you do that based off the 800W 6.1 ROM?
    Not sure yet. I'm an alltel customer, but as soon as the local sprint store has a demo unit, I going to stop in and use grabit to dump the rom to my sd card.
  16.    #876  
    Not sure yet. I'm an alltel customer, but as soon as the local sprint store has a demo unit, I going to stop in and use grabit to dump the rom to my sd card.
    I'll have a 800w on Sunday, and will try and get a dump of it.
    I have a Treo 700wx and a plan with Verizon. So far it has worked great.

I installed the Trimmed WM6 ROM that's on the front page of this thread ... I have no idea where/what these test/version ROMs that everyone is talking about are - hopefully the two (full & trimmed) ROMs that are listed on that front page are the latest versions ... if not, then it might be a good idea to keep the front post(s) updated with the latest links.

I'm finding that it's extremely fast - much faster than my WM5 install. Now, I bought the phone off ebay and did a hard reset on it, but this is my first smartphone, so I'm not sure if I missed anything - maybe this is so much faster because I actually cleared out "hidden" settings or something (though I doubt it).

Also, when I viewed the Memory Settings window, it reported that I had a total of 62.95MB, there was 1.? MB in use (I forget the exact amount now), and that there was 50-something MB free ... This seems (again, this is my first smartphone, and first ROM upgrade/hack) insanely tiny to me.

I have no idea what the differences are between the Full & Trimmed WM6 ROMs, since that information isn't made public (it seems) ... So I was thinking about throwing the Full WM6 ROM in there just to see how it ran ... idunno ...

I can't get rid of that "Type a name or number" bar on the Today screen, which kind of annoys me, and IE hasn't gotten any better at handling javascript ... now, I need to note that it might not be javascript that's causing me the headaches (I went to some javascript testing sites, and those all worked fine) ... basically, I run http://www.ampache.org at home, and IE cannot handle adding songs to the playlist or downloading the m3u files (specifically it can't handle "javascript:void(0);" links, it seems).

Overall, I'm happy with my upgrade, and I'd like to thank everyone who made it possible!
    Sweet...

If you could get the complete rom off the 800w I would like to put that on my 700WX. Then I would just need the 800 display for the 320x320. I don't need the wifi or gps.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbalaya View Post
    I can't get rid of that "Type a name or number" bar on the Today screen, which kind of annoys me
    from the today screen... menu --> preferences --> hide lookup field