Page 43 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    For the trimmed WM6 ROM, is there anything "standard" that needs to be added or can I just install the programs I want and I'm good to go?
    I am having problems when I am on a call, then someone else calls, I hit talk to switch, when I go to switch back to the original call it will not let me
  3.    #843  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    For the trimmed WM6 ROM, is there anything "standard" that needs to be added or can I just install the programs I want and I'm good to go?
    It doesn't have the 6.1 backporting that I've done (bluetooth drivers, etc). Doesn't have the SDHC drivers.

Nothing major that can't be added relatively easily.

Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    I am having problems when I am on a call, then someone else calls, I hit talk to switch, when I go to switch back to the original call it will not let me
    Which ROM?

I noticed this happened to me once. Next time I had another call come in, it handled it perfectly.

I chaulked it down to memory/CPU lag. I don't get many people calling me at the same time, but it hasn't happened to me since I've had xCPUScalar installed (the time it did happen I didn't have it installed).
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It doesn't have the 6.1 backporting that I've done (bluetooth drivers, etc). Doesn't have the SDHC drivers.

Nothing major that can't be added relatively easily.
    Is there more 6.1 backporting in version 4 than version 2? I have trouble with version 4 so I've been using version 2 but I always like to use the "newest" thing
    Which ROM?

I noticed this happened to me once. Next time I had another call come in, it handled it perfectly.

I chaulked it down to memory/CPU lag. I don't get many people calling me at the same time, but it hasn't happened to me since I've had xCPUScalar installed (the time it did happen I didn't have it installed).
    the latest full 6. i am getting paid tommorrow so I will purchase the xcpuscalar
  6.    #846  
    Is there more 6.1 backporting in version 4 than version 2? I have trouble with version 4 so I've been using version 2 but I always like to use the "newest" thing
    Yes, but there are some issues that are still being worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    the latest full 6. i am getting paid tommorrow so I will purchase the xcpuscalar
    There is a trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    I totally agree with Tekky here. I've been a long-time lurker on the forums and had to come out to offer my deepest gratitude to Ebags. This is really a great upgrade. The instructions are easy to follow and it's a safe upgrade. I started with the trimmed ROM on the front page and then switched to testing 4.

I have also had zero problems with testing 4. My 2 GB SD card works fine. I've installed threaded SMS and it also works beautifully. In my opinion, WM6 seems much faster and snappier than WM5. I was surprised to hear that people think it's slower. Maybe the hard resets cleared out the junk that was bogging my WM5 down. Still, it's fantastic. Bluetooth now works in my car AND shows battery and signal strength indicators. I can now upload contacts to my car bluetooth.

Ebags, you rock!
    Ok, I spoke too soon. I'm having some bluetooth dropouts and my SD card likes to disappear with Testing4. I can live with this for now. I'll wait for Testing5. It's all still better than WM5 that came installed on the phone.
    Thanks again, Ebags et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    Ok, I spoke too soon. I'm having some bluetooth dropouts and my SD card likes to disappear with Testing4. I can live with this for now. I'll wait for Testing5. It's all still better than WM5 that came installed on the phone.
    Thanks again, Ebags et al.
    have you ever tried one of the many stripped roms available (ebags included)? i have been using an alltell wm6 rom (from nightraven posted on xda developers) and aside from learning not to tamper with the roaming setting this rom has been stable and trouble free.

on a side note... i did have to update some product codes after the upgrade. a minor inconvience, but still had to be done as a result of the rom changing the device id's generated by the various applications i use.

now before the flames start...

i do appreciate all the work that ebags has done customizing the rom and providing all of the 700wx joy experienced here. i'm surprised that palm (or microsoft for that matter) hasnt broken down his door and hauled him away by now. i just want the folks who want wm6 stable and now to know that there is an alternative out there.
    Last edited by captblaze; 07/10/2008 at 09:00 AM.
  9.    #849  
    Testing 2 seems to be the most stable out of all the Testing ROM's.

I will probably back off some of the backporting that I did between 2 and 4 in the next release, striving to keep some of the improvements I made in 4 without losing the stability of 2.

Now if I can just find some time....
    Testing 2 seems to be the most stable out of all the Testing ROM's.

I will probably back off some of the backporting that I did between 2 and 4 in the next release, striving to keep some of the improvements I made in 4 without losing the stability of 2.

Now if I can just find some time....
    your trimmed rom is not giving me one lick of issues. only problems are no ICS and windows update is wonked. but who uses that any ways :P
    Great info thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    your trimmed rom is not giving me one lick of issues. only problems are no ICS and windows update is wonked. but who uses that any ways :P
    I'm with you on this one Juggalo_X!

I have been using the original trimmed ROM since the day it was released, and I have not had one problem. As for the ICS, I really do not see that I needed it, and that's why I have not updated.

I'm hoping for a FINAL "Simply Everything" ROM!

Just kidding...I love tech'ing up my phone!
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Since the lurkers are finally coming out, I figured it is about time that I step in to the spot light as well. First off, HATS OFF TO EBAG333!!! What an incredible job you have been doing with the Custom Roms. Honestly, with WM6 on the 700wx, the ONLY feature I'm missing on the Treo that I really would enjoy would be the GPS, but honestly, I can hold off until my Treo dies for that!

YOU ARE THE MAN EBAG333!!!

That being said, after spending time reading thru the forum today, I decided to dive in and try on of the WM61-TRIAL versions. After much reading, I decided to go with WM61-TRIAL2

I had no problems cooking everything on there. Seems to work like a champ.

I have come across one issue though.

When you pull up your contacts, and select one of them, you have the option to dial any of the numbers, pick an e-mail address to send to, or send a text message to a mobile number.

Basically, there appears to be a problem with sending text messages directly from the contacts menu. When you pick send a text OR send and e-mail, you are always brought to the screen that asks what account to use (text message, Microsoft Outlook), if I pick a contacts E-MAIL address from their menu, I am able to successfully then pick TEXT or OUTLOOK and it populates the TO with the e-mail address and shows it is sending from OUTLOOK or SMS depending on which I choose. The same doesn't work when you click the send a text message to phone number option in the contact. When you do, you again are taken to the pick the account you want to use (text/outlook) but no matter what you pick, it just dumps you in your inbox, and doesn't start composing the message.

I send a load of text, so it is a nusance, but I will live with it until a fix comes along. Just thought you should know. Can you replicate the issue, or maybe I'm just retarded and doing something wrong???

Anyone have any input on this? Maybe a different version I should be installing?

Also, on the note of SMS, is there a way to get the threaded SMS in there? I personally would like it. I know you said you did it, but you don't care for it so you were not going to include it.

In either case, thanks again for all your efforts!!!!
    it works for me with Palm's threaded sms client. I got it here (from Cody):

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...pp-6800-a.html
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I've noticed a couple of people having problems with losing their vibrate function...suddenly I've lost it too...anyone figure out what caused it? I'm on version 2 but have no idea if it's the rom or an installed program causing it...
    I've noticed a couple of people having problems with losing their vibrate function...suddenly I've lost it too...anyone figure out what caused it? I'm on version 2 but have no idea if it's the rom or an installed program causing it...
    I noticed this using the WM6 Trimmed ROM. I don't think it has anything to do with the recent revisions. I fix it by soft resetting.
  17.    #857  
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    Basically, there appears to be a problem with sending text messages directly from the contacts menu. When you pick send a text OR send and e-mail, you are always brought to the screen that asks what account to use (text message, Microsoft Outlook), if I pick a contacts E-MAIL address from their menu, I am able to successfully then pick TEXT or OUTLOOK and it populates the TO with the e-mail address and shows it is sending from OUTLOOK or SMS depending on which I choose. The same doesn't work when you click the send a text message to phone number option in the contact. When you do, you again are taken to the pick the account you want to use (text/outlook) but no matter what you pick, it just dumps you in your inbox, and doesn't start composing the message.
    Yup. And I haven't found a fix for it either.

It's pretty irritating to me as I have always sent text's directly from my contacts.

I did actually find a "fix" for $100. Buy the 800w. (Picking mine up Sunday.)

Don't worry though, the 700wx is going to the Mrs and I need to get this ROM finalized (to at least a stable state) before she takes it. I can't promise how much further I'll go beyond that, but there should be at least one more release.
    Yup. And I haven't found a fix for it either.

It's pretty irritating to me as I have always sent text's directly from my contacts.

Don't worry though, the 700wx is going to the Mrs and I need to get this ROM finalized (to at least a stable state) before she takes it. I can't promise how much further I'll go beyond that, but there should be at least one more release.
    I dont have this issue with the trimmed rom.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

For $100?? I would be all over that "fix" for $100.00! I called TeleSales, and they say that I only qualify for $75 credit right now. Will qualify for $150 on November 1. Even then though, they tell me $449.99. They say that the new phone for new people is:

$599.99
    -150.00 Instant New Customer Rebate
    -100.00 Instant 800W Rebate
    -100.00 Mail In Palm Rebate

$249.99

Anyone have any insight how I can get the best price on this unit? I want one!
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy6996 View Post
    For $100?? I would be all over that "fix" for $100.00! I called TeleSales, and they say that I only qualify for $75 credit right now. Will qualify for $150 on November 1. Even then though, they tell me $449.99. They say that the new phone for new people is:

$599.99
    -150.00 Instant New Customer Rebate
    -100.00 Instant 800W Rebate
    -100.00 Mail In Palm Rebate

$249.99

Anyone have any insight how I can get the best price on this unit? I want one!
    I have seen the pricing your describing as well, I would love to know how Ebag333 found the $100 'fix' as well!!! Some guys have all the luck!!!! LOL

(Wouldn't help me anyway I have to wait a few more months (I can only hope it is that soon) as I am with VZW )