Page 42 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
    I have the file, but I do not want to go into roam, is this a common problem, or only with some phones?
    Would trimmed be the better rom?
    personal preference. i think the trimmed was a little faster but this has a little more work done to it. better bluetooth drivers etc. try 4. i doubt itll roam on you i didnt see anyone else having that problem. then throw 2 on the sd card in case. if you want just reflash.
    I am flashing 4 now. I am hopeing it works well how do I fix the pieplus problem? Is there something I need to do to make it work, if I run IE it basically tells me it is expired and then pretty much hoses the system, any ideas?
    Damnit white screen after treo screen and then nothing, should I wait a bit, or is it totally hosed? Should I try testing 2? Can you provide a link?
    wait a bit. i waited 10 minutes. nothing changed so i reflashed.
    Mine did boot once, but then nothing. I am flashing 2 now. Anyway to remove PIEPlus? Or is it something I am stuck with?
    i thought pieplus was removed from the wm6 roms. at least it wasn't on test2
    yes it was removed for wm6 http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...&postcount=436 for the full ROM.
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    installed wm6 testing 4 early this morning. when i reset the phone i get a white screen that lasts a few seconds. odd but doesnt seem to hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok115 View Post
    Damnit white screen after treo screen and then nothing, should I wait a bit, or is it totally hosed? Should I try testing 2? Can you provide a link?
    It's been posted several times. The white screen is due to the WM6 splash screen not displaying. It's a harmless bug, just be patient and wait.

After flashing or a hard reset the Treo takes a LONG time to come back up, as a lot of stuff is being rebuilt. You just need to be patient.

all was well it seemed great and then i installed some apps, and some more, setup my email accounts. everything looks great, then all of a sudden no service? hmmm if i choose selction a or b then i roam only. but 'home' doesnt work at all?
    try wm6testing 4 and remove the firmware.bin file. its really a great rom. just dont know why my phone doesnt want to give me service except roaming.
    You went into the network settings under phone. There have been several posts saying not to do this.

Verizon's screwed that up REAL good. If you go in there you break your provisioning.

You can try one of two things:

1) Reprovision your phone manually. There are instructions on how to do so in several threads (search for ##RTN# and ##MSL#). People have had mixed luck with this.

2) Flash back to WM5. Reprovision your phone. In the ##DATA# screen (once your phone is provisioned) hit the update button. Your phone should then configure itself for Vision (if on Sprint, not sure what Verizon calls it).

As a side note, I was meaning to test to see if this was still broken in Testing 4. It seems it is, so thanks for saving me an hour or so's worth of work.

you have 2 choices. use any of Ebags roms and delete firmware.bin or you can use Landons which is take 1 that 'looks' like verizon.
    With Landon's you still have to delete the firmware.bin. Landon's only has the .nb0 (ROM) file in it, not the Verizon firmware.

I did ebags and it seems to have worked however my internet explorer does not seem to work, gave me an error about pieplus expiring. Any ideas?
    I am flashing 4 now. I am hopeing it works well how do I fix the pieplus problem? Is there something I need to do to make it work, if I run IE it basically tells me it is expired and then pretty much hoses the system, any ideas?
    Mine did boot once, but then nothing. I am flashing 2 now. Anyway to remove PIEPlus? Or is it something I am stuck with?
    In the full WM5 ROM's there's nothing wrong with PIE. PIEPlus expiring is expected and normal behaviour. Even expired it adds some nice features to PIE, and it's well worth purchasing ($15 IIRC). It does not break PIE, or cause PIE not to work.

Just as an FYI, all these issues have been posted on multiple times in this thread. Searching FTW.
    ok i found it. oops!! looks like im in for a double flash tonight. one 1 get back to 5 then reprovision the back to 6 testing 4. thanks again. gues i didnt see that stuk in digital roaming post. *DOH*
    Anyone got any ideas on how to increase free memory? Other than loading all the apps I can to the SD card instead of the device. I did that and it only cleared up about 4mb, which is barely a dent. It seems there is nothing really clogging it up when I search through but I like to keep about half the memory free right now there is 44mb in use through storage(I am looking at the "memory" screen under the "main" tab in "settings" and 30.19mb in use through program memory.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    Anyone got any ideas on how to increase free memory? Other than loading all the apps I can to the SD card instead of the device. I did that and it only cleared up about 4mb, which is barely a dent. It seems there is nothing really clogging it up when I search through but I like to keep about half the memory free right now there is 44mb in use through storage(I am looking at the "memory" screen under the "main" tab in "settings" and 30.19mb in use through program memory.

Moving apps to the storage card ill have zero impact on Progam Memory (RAM).

And there's no real reason not to fill up storage memory, as long as you leave enough free for caching in PIE and other misc temp files.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Is there a cab for internet sharing? I'm running on the stripped WM6 rom.
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoprez View Post
    Is there a cab for internet sharing? I'm running on the stripped WM6 rom.
    Not here.

You could try XDA Devs and such.
  16. to0
    Kitchen question...
    Sometimes a file exists in the Dump directory but does not show up on the file list in the kitchen. In this case, it's Alltel's carrier PROVXML for connection settings that I want to replace with my personal settings. When I add my file, it prompts me to replace the old one, so I hit "No" (which the prompt says means to do the replacement). When I flash the ROM, the Alltel settings are still in place. Any ideas about what's going on?
  17.    #837  
    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    Kitchen question...
    Sometimes a file exists in the Dump directory but does not show up on the file list in the kitchen. In this case, it's Alltel's carrier PROVXML for connection settings that I want to replace with my personal settings. When I add my file, it prompts me to replace the old one, so I hit "No" (which the prompt says means to do the replacement). When I flash the ROM, the Alltel settings are still in place. Any ideas about what's going on?
    Not sure why the PROVXML wouldn't show up. The file list in the kitchen simply displays all files in the ROM.

I suspect your problem is that you have the file added multiple times. Open a command prompt and delete the file manually (delfile). It is the only way to remove the file once it's been added multiple times.
    Sprint 700wx
    Testing 2 ROM
    Everything works but

My vibrate no longer works, as I'm deaf I rely on this. Any ideas?
    Pete
    Turn the volume up. i think if the volume is on 0 it wont vibrate. turn it up halfway and it does. Must be a wm6 thing cause i noticed that with testing4.
    Go to settings = personal = sounds and make sure that the vibrate is selected for both on and off ringer