Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

It's not missing, simply under \Media\.

I've done my best to catagorize all the icons to remove clutter from the root \Programs\ directory.
    Actually, I looked under media quiet a few times and did couple hard resets, and it wasn't there. I do remember seeing it right after the flash was done but I did a back up from spb back up and it hosed up everything, so I had to hard reset, and after that it was gone, and did 2 soft resets and 2 hard resets and it didn't bring it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthyC View Post
    I also installed Threaded SMS and it works (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379)
    I updated the Palm Threaded SMS installer. It now removes the default text message notification, so it will no longer cause duplicate SMS notifications. I also created a cab file to restore the original notification, in case anyone decides to uninstall threaded sms.

The cab files can be found here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134
  3.    #803  
    NightRaven: have you had any luck with XIP porting?
  4. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I will continue to hunt for the SD card issues. Hopefully my next release will address it.
    SD Card Feedback:

Installed Testing4 yesterday. At that point I may have experienced a couple SD card disappearances but nothing too alarming. Today I was struggling to get the SD card (2GB Chinese SanDisk UltraII) to stick around at all. I installed the .cab and it was still problematic. It often did not reappear after soft reset.

Hard reset phone and card returned again (for an hour so far). I really can't tell if this problem started with something I installed or did or if it was inclined to fail over time some how.

I will probably switch back to Testing2 as I really had no major complaints. Just a lot of happiness.
  5.    #805  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    I really can't tell if this problem started with something I installed or did or if it was inclined to fail over time some how.
    Did you try the reg key tweaks?
  6. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Did you try the reg key tweaks?
    I did... I also verified they were still there after a couple resets.
    NightRaven: have you had any luck with XIP porting?
    I can't seem to pull it from the 1.23 ROM using rommaster, or any of the other tools. It's messy. The XIP overlaps the rest of the rom. I am hoping the verizon 1.24 rom (if it's ever released) will be cleaner. If so, I will pull it from there. Updating the 700wx XIP is crucial to fully porting 6.1. I have already extracted the XIP from a wm6.1 image from the 750. So, as soon as I get the xip out of the 700wx, porting should be no problem.
  8.    #808  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    I did... I also verified they were still there after a couple resets.
    And you mean by this that the problems were there? (Just trying to clarify.)

Did it seem better after the reg tweaks?

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I can't seem to pull it from the 1.23 ROM using rommaster, or any of the other tools. It's messy. The XIP overlaps the rest of the rom.
    I've run into the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I am hoping the verizon 1.24 rom (if it's ever released) will be cleaner. If so, I will pull it from there. Updating the 700wx XIP is crucial to fully porting 6.1. I have already extracted the XIP from a wm6.1 image from the 750. So, as soon as I get the xip out of the 700wx, porting should be no problem.
    Grab the trimmed ROM I posted. It's 1.24. I only noticed branding changes.
    Grab the trimmed ROM I posted. It's 1.24. I only noticed branding changes.
    Got it. I'll let you know what I find.
  10. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=Ebag333;1457857]And you mean by this that the problems were there? (Just trying to clarify.)

Did it seem better after the reg tweaks?
    QUOTE]

Sorry... I installed the .CAB linked at http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/htc...mory-card.html

I then made sure the registry changes were still there after multiple soft resets.

My experience is that the reg tweaks did not help. Soon after I installed them I soft reset five or six times in a row without gaining access to my card. After a hard reset the card has been stable for a couple hours, leading me to wonder what i am doing to cause the problem. A couple hours probably isn't conclusive though. I have not tried reformatting back to FAT and I have not tried another card. But, I can confirm that it was more stable for me on Testing2 with approximately the same post-ROM configs/apps installed.
    installed wm6 testing 4 early this morning. when i reset the phone i get a white screen that lasts a few seconds. odd but doesnt seem to hurt. all was well it seemed great and then i installed some apps, and some more, setup my email accounts. everything looks great, then all of a sudden no service? hmmm if i choose selction a or b then i roam only. but 'home' doesnt work at all? any ideas or thoughts before i reflash tonight and try again?
    except for the problem i am having its fast and sweet. a little lagging but i can deal with a little. great job!
    Okay, call me stupid but I am very new to this. I searched the forum, but came up with all kinds of mixed answers. I have a Verizon Palm 700wx and would love to flash it to Windows Mobile 6, or 6.1, but there does not seem to be an easy way to do this.

Can someone please post the correct ROM and directions on how to make this happen so I can flash my Palm?

Thank you,

Havok
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok115 View Post
    Okay, call me stupid but I am very new to this. I searched the forum, but came up with all kinds of mixed answers. I have a Verizon Palm 700wx and would love to flash it to Windows Mobile 6, or 6.1, but there does not seem to be an easy way to do this.

Can someone please post the correct ROM and directions on how to make this happen so I can flash my Palm?

Thank you,

Havok
    The first 3 posts in this thread give very detailed instructions. Please read them maybe a couple times then ask for whatever is unclear, your answers SHOULD be there.
    Well really my only big fear is I will grab the incorrect rom file, instructions I can follow. I want to make sure I get the latest file out there.

Thanx...
    ok from what i see here:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RichTJ99
    Does this work for Verizon WX's?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by waffles_was_taken
    yes, just be sure to delete firmware.bin before flashing; otherwise you will flash a sprint radio onto your verizon phone, which may cause big problems with the functionality of your phone.

==========================================================================

Landon.Epps Full Rom - Ebag's Take 1, Verizonized

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Landon.Epps
    Okay I have finished building it and it is running on my phone. This is essentially Ebag's Take 1 ROM with a custom RadioWelcome.bmp and RadioGoodbye.bmp so it actually looks like Verizon.

So here is the zip for the VZW Rom: http://www.mediafire.com/?xpmobgllr4j

(Is "Verizonized" a word? It is now!)

==========================================================

you have 2 choices. use any of Ebags roms and delete firmware.bin or you can use Landons which is take 1 that 'looks' like verizon.

hope this helps.
    I did ebags and it seems to have worked however my internet explorer does not seem to work, gave me an error about pieplus expiring. Any ideas?

I am going to reflash with Landan's see if I have any better luck, thank you though.
    Any ideas on the internet explorer? Not a HUGE deal but kind of a bummer with not being able to browse the internet or anything. The link you gave me has WM5 on it, and not 6, so I copied the ebag final into it and am flashing it now. Anything you can give me would be very useful.

Thank you again,

Havok
    try wm6testing 4 and remove the firmware.bin file. its really a great rom. just dont know why my phone doesnt want to give me service except roaming. its weird. testing 2 was real good as well.
    Where can I find that file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok115 View Post
    Where can I find that file?
    follow the link in this post http://discussion.wmexperts.com/show...&postcount=714

it will lead you to all the files.