Page 39 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 780 of 2070
  1. #761  
    Hi Ebag333,

    First of all let me start by thanking you for everything I am running #2 because i use MS Word a lot, and because i noticed a white screen for couple of minutes after each hard reset on #4. How can i create my own rom? i have a few programs i would like to put into the rom like:

    wisbar advance
    IM+
    Photo contact pro
    vito SMS-chat
    vito goodwin
    vito funcontact
    windows live
    weatherpanel
    most of the SPB Softwares

    also what do you recommend to send pictures?
  2. #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For those having SD Card issues:

    If you still have Testing 4, try installing the attached file. You can use Total Commander to install it. Simply copy it over from your SD card to the \Windows\ dir.

    Please be sure to post your results.

    Regarding the iGuidance I know exactly what you mean, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't memory issues since even after AS was done and I tried opening it through the recent programs shortcut in the start menu it said it was an invalid entry. I double checked in File Explorer and the card was not visible. I used it on my drive home today for a few hours and as long as I did not go to another app it worked fine. I'm almost thinking if the card is being accessed, as it would with nav because of the maps on the card, it doesn't disappear. The moment that card is not being accessed is when I think it is going away.


    Anyways I installed the dll you posted and so far the card has not disappeared even after I have done AS both local and exchange. I will report back after trying it out a day or two. Thanks again bud.

    EDIT: I spoke too soon, as soon as I hit post I checked and the card was no longer visible. This was after just having done a soft reset five minutes prior and not having done anything at all other than opening AS and doing a sync with the exchange server.
  3.    #763  
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    First of all let me start by thanking you for everything I am running #2 because i use MS Word a lot, and because i noticed a white screen for couple of minutes after each hard reset on #4.
    The white screen is normal. Well, not NORMAL normal, but it is expected.

    For some reason the WM6 splashscreen isn't loading. It's a fairly minor problem, and a such is fairly low on my priority list.



    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    How can i create my own rom? i have a few programs i would like to put into the rom like:
    A lot of those I can pretty much guarantee won't work well in ROM. Not to mention you couldn't fit them all into ROM to begin with.

    Read through this thread. There are tons of posts regarding building custom ROM's.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
    Anyways I installed the dll you posted and so far the card has not disappeared even after I have done AS both local and exchange. I will report back after trying it out a day or two. Thanks again bud.

    EDIT: I spoke too soon, as soon as I hit post I checked and the card was no longer visible. This was after just having done a soft reset five minutes prior and not having done anything at all other than opening AS and doing a sync with the exchange server.
    Hmm. Very odd.

    I lost my card once today, randomly. Haven't lost it other than that one time. I'm not using that DLL I posted earlier either.

    I will keep digging and see if there's something else I can find....
  4. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #764  
    This might not help at all but I noticed that the SD card disappears on syncs that are successful...a few times when trying to sync with mail2web it times out after "looking for changes" and says the server is unavailable...if that happens, the SD card is ok...so it is during the actual swapping of info that it occurs...

    And again I will note that this problem does NOT occur on version 2...

    EDIT: And btw, the file fix already failed for me as well ...ebag - it appears the file you wanted us to try was an "add" not a "replace"...is that file one you had removed from the ROM beforehand?
    Last edited by pdawg17; 07/07/2008 at 12:07 AM.
  5.    #765  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    This might not help at all but I noticed that the SD card disappears on syncs that are successful...a few times when trying to sync with mail2web it times out after "looking for changes" and says the server is unavailable...if that happens, the SD card is ok...so it is during the actual swapping of info that it occurs...
    I've done several syncs without issue.


    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    EDIT: And btw, the file fix already failed for me as well ...ebag - it appears the file you wanted us to try was an "add" not a "replace"...is that file one you had removed from the ROM beforehand?
    That file is a replace. It should exist in ROM, and does indeed exist in mine.

    Note that Total Commander does not warn you that you're overwriting if you're replacing a file that's only in ROM.
  6. #766  
    Installed the Testing 4 on my Verizon 700w, so far, so good. Soft reset time is AMAZING. It's never booted so fast before, even with WM5. I will report if I find any bugs.
  7. pdawg17's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    #767  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've done several syncs without issue.
    It's strange that some people would have problems with this but only on version 4...I'm assuming by "syncs" you mean "Microsoft Exchange" syncs and not syncs with your desktop/laptop?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That file is a replace. It should exist in ROM, and does indeed exist in mine.

    Note that Total Commander does not warn you that you're overwriting if you're replacing a file that's only in ROM.
    Thanks...I did not know that...
  8. #768  
    The only problem I have is the bluetooth disabling itself as soon as I press ok and go right back into it to check. I use activesync and my sd card hasn't disappeared, but that was after about 5 softresets and 2 hard prior to that.
  9. #769  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What are you restoring with Sprite Backup?

    If it only happens after you run a restore, then there's probably something else going on there.
    Not a restore. If that were the case, I'd agree with you. It started occurring after performing a single backup.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    The only problem I have is the bluetooth disabling itself as soon as I press ok and go right back into it to check.
    Ebag, this is the same problem to which I'm referring.
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 07/07/2008 at 07:02 AM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  10. #770  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I just installed testing 4. At first I could not get it to see my 2 GB ScanDisk card and the Bluetooth radio was reporting an error. Did 2 hard resets and every thing is working.
    Installed testing 4 and am having the same exact issues... My card is a 4gb non-sdhc TopRam 150x.

    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I had the exact same two problems as you...when trying to turn on bluetooth it was saying "Problem with bluetooth hardware"...doing one hard reset fixed that...I have continued to have problems with my 2 GB card though...I've done 4 hard resets and it's hit or miss if it picks up the card (on soft resets afterwards)...maybe this fourth hard reset will do it...now every other soft reset does not pick it up...
    This is the same error (bluetooth...) initially that I got, but a hard reset appeared to sort it out (excepting below...). The SD card issue still remained...

    Quote Originally Posted by mbritt80 View Post
    The only problem I have is the bluetooth disabling itself as soon as I press ok and go right back into it to check.
    I started noticing this as well... The Wireless manager would report everything ok, but going into the Bluetooth Settings would report that bluetooth was not turned on, nor visible. Various checking and uncheckings would 'sometimes' work to enable bluetooth, but not on a consistant basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by longylong View Post
    With the Testing 4 Rom, I can successfully pair my Treo with other devices, for instance my laptop...as with the Testing 2 Rom, but with #4, I get "unknown error" or "not connected" messages when I try to transfer files from laptop to Treo.

    I thought it could've been a problem on my end, so I put #2 back in to see a lil something and was able to pair and transfer successfully.
    I noticed no issues with BT with Testing 2...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For those having SD Card issues:

    If you still have Testing 4, try installing the attached file. You can use Total Commander to install it. Simply copy it over from your SD card to the \Windows\ dir.

    Please be sure to post your results.
    Well, it 'seems' to be working... as far as the SD card goes... I am noticing more (and more...) lockups since I replaced the .dll. I wish I could say for sure that the lockups are solely the 'fault' of the new .dll, but I used the stock testing 4 for so short a time before I HAD to get my SD card working.



    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Well After many lockups today I went back to the stripped WM6.
    Alas... it appears that the testing 4 has a few kinks...

    On a side note, and I have not seen it posted yet nor described as such, as far as Bluetooth issues, when my BT headset is turned on (not in pairing mode...) and I reset the Treo, more often than not, I experience massive BT failure. By massive, I mean that, after I reset the Treo the Wireless Manager will not even report that there is even bluetooth on the phone... it simply lists 'Phone' and no Bluetooth or 'All' bars at all...

    To fix this, I have to turn off the headset and reset the treo... 'Usually' this works...

    -Jason
  11. #771  
    Ebags, the alerts in the trimmed rom seem to no sound. i missed an appointment reminder today. IS this a reoccurring issue inherited from WM5?
  12.    #772  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Not a restore. If that were the case, I'd agree with you. It started occurring after performing a single backup.
    I'm a bit confused as to what's happening then....you start getting problems after you install Sprite Backup and backup the device?

    Which version of Sprite Backup are you using?


    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMeudt View Post
    I started noticing this as well... The Wireless manager would report everything ok, but going into the Bluetooth Settings would report that bluetooth was not turned on, nor visible. Various checking and uncheckings would 'sometimes' work to enable bluetooth, but not on a consistant basis.
    Zero problems with Bluetooth here connecting to my PC or my Redfly. I've tried turning it off and on via various methods and combinations, with no issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMeudt View Post
    On a side note, and I have not seen it posted yet nor described as such, as far as Bluetooth issues, when my BT headset is turned on (not in pairing mode...) and I reset the Treo, more often than not, I experience massive BT failure. By massive, I mean that, after I reset the Treo the Wireless Manager will not even report that there is even bluetooth on the phone... it simply lists 'Phone' and no Bluetooth or 'All' bars at all...

    To fix this, I have to turn off the headset and reset the treo... 'Usually' this works...
    I haven't seen that either, very very odd.

    Of course I don't have a BT headset. Need to get one since I live about 60 minutes away from the Cali border and occasionally head south. Someone should start up a Paypal buy-ebag-a-bt-headset-for-testing-wm6 fund.


    Quote Originally Posted by JasonMeudt View Post
    Alas... it appears that the testing 4 has a few kinks...
    Of course. That's why it's called Testing 4.


    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Ebags, the alerts in the trimmed rom seem to no sound. i missed an appointment reminder today. IS this a reoccurring issue inherited from WM5?
    The Trimmed WM5 ROM, or WM6 ROM?

    If you're talking about the Trimmed WM6 ROM, it has nothing to do with WM5. Also, make sure your notifications have a sound assigned to them.




    For those having Bluetooth issues:

    Try the BTHCI.dll attached below. If that STILL doesn't fix it, try the three OBEX .dll's in the other attachment (OBEX.zip). Those are the only Bluetooth related DLL's that have changed since Testing 2. If neither of those work, then it's not actually a Bluetooth problem but something else interferring. Ugh.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  13. #773  
    Ebag333,

    What do you recommend? I tried wm6 but i am not that crazy about, i mean no offense it's nice and i like it but i feel that it's slow, don't like the web browser i really like the wm5. and had to install windows live to get my hotmail email without goint to the web. I guess it's because of these softwares i have:
    wisbar advance
    IM+
    Photo contact pro
    vito SMS-chat
    vito goodwin
    vito funcontact
    windows live
    weatherpanel
    most of the SPB Softwares

    Please advise
  14. #774  
    I really like Sprite backup. However, there is no way to force it into "Upgrade" mode - it needs to detect that this is a different ROM. What would I need to change?

    I could edit the payloads.xml fiule to give it a different version number (from 1.15 to 1.16, for instance), but I do not know if that will break anything.

    If that works I could, I suppose, restore using the "Upgrade" facility of Sprite Backup to get back all my setting and applications, and then do another full backup, restore the payloads.xml file, re-flash again and do a full restore.

    That would get me back to showing "1.15" as the ROM version, I think.

    Sound good?

    I know I am at some risk this way of possibly overwriting some registry entry you have tweaked ebag, but I do not want to spend many hours restoring applications.

    BTW: Doing a full restore seems to work.
  15. #775  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm a bit confused as to what's happening then....you start getting problems after you install Sprite Backup and backup the device?

    Which version of Sprite Backup are you using?




    Zero problems with Bluetooth here connecting to my PC or my Redfly. I've tried turning it off and on via various methods and combinations, with no issues.



    I haven't seen that either, very very odd.

    Of course I don't have a BT headset. Need to get one since I live about 60 minutes away from the Cali border and occasionally head south. Someone should start up a Paypal buy-ebag-a-bt-headset-for-testing-wm6 fund.




    Of course. That's why it's called Testing 4.




    The Trimmed WM5 ROM, or WM6 ROM?

    If you're talking about the Trimmed WM6 ROM, it has nothing to do with WM5. Also, make sure your notifications have a sound assigned to them.




    For those having Bluetooth issues:

    Try the BTHCI.dll attached below. If that STILL doesn't fix it, try the three OBEX .dll's in the other attachment (OBEX.zip). Those are the only Bluetooth related DLL's that have changed since Testing 2. If neither of those work, then it's not actually a Bluetooth problem but something else interferring. Ugh.
    its wm6 trimmed. and i do have a sound assigned. it alerts me like 45 min late. or it does not alert at all just a on screen pop up.
  16.    #776  
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    What do you recommend? I tried wm6 but i am not that crazy about, i mean no offense it's nice and i like it but i feel that it's slow, don't like the web browser i really like the wm5. and had to install windows live to get my hotmail email without goint to the web. I guess it's because of these softwares i have
    I'm not sure what you're asking here. Some of th software you posted probably has issues with WM6 in general. If you like WM5 better, then go with that.

    If you're posting about how to improve your experience with WM6, you'll need to post which WM6 ROM you used.


    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I really like Sprite backup. However, there is no way to force it into "Upgrade" mode - it needs to detect that this is a different ROM. What would I need to change?
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to restore your apps/tweaks/customizations/etc from a WM5 backup to a WM6 ROM?

    I do NOT recommend doing any restores from a backup made under a different ROM version. While it's technically possible, and may even work just fine, all too often it's caused problems and issues.

    Yes it's a pain to reinstall everything and change all the settings back to what you like. But it's the only safe way to do it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    its wm6 trimmed. and i do have a sound assigned. it alerts me like 45 min late. or it does not alert at all just a on screen pop up.
    Blame Verizon. The only thing I've done in that ROM is to remove the help files, and UPX a few programs. Nothing I've done would effect alerts.
  17. #777  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking here. Some of th software you posted probably has issues with WM6 in general. If you like WM5 better, then go with that.

    If you're posting about how to improve your experience with WM6, you'll need to post which WM6 ROM you used.




    I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to restore your apps/tweaks/customizations/etc from a WM5 backup to a WM6 ROM?

    I do NOT recommend doing any restores from a backup made under a different ROM version. While it's technically possible, and may even work just fine, all too often it's caused problems and issues.

    Yes it's a pain to reinstall everything and change all the settings back to what you like. But it's the only safe way to do it.



    Blame Verizon. The only thing I've done in that ROM is to remove the help files, and UPX a few programs. Nothing I've done would effect alerts.
    roger that. ill just install my alarm program
  18.    #778  
    Thanks to larryorven for pointing out this link: http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/htc...mory-card.html

    SD card issues are common on some hermes WM5 and also WM6 Roms.

    Some issues you may experience are fro the SD card totally dissapearing where u have to Soft Reset, or sometimes not that drastic where you can just take the card out and then insert it back it.

    I have attached a custom CAB for you to try on your hermes to see if it resolves your issue. The cab makes these changes to your registry - the are specific to how the SD card is handled. The reg settings are shown below and the cab will make those changes for you


    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager] 
    "PNPUnloadDelay" = dword:8196
    "PNPWaitIODelay" = dword:8196
    Please report back on how you went.

    I have also noticed that the SD card issues are common with certain manufacturers but I have found a Scandisk made in JAPAN is solid.

    Once you have installed please soft reset your device.
    This may explain why I am not having problems while others are. <3 my Sandisk.

    Can someone with SD card issues try these registry settings and report back? If they work I'll include them in the ROM (next release).
  19. #779  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Thanks to larryorven for pointing out this link: http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/htc...mory-card.html



    This may explain why I am not having problems while others are. <3 my Sandisk.

    Can someone with SD card issues try these registry settings and report back? If they work I'll include them in the ROM (next release).
    Please be aware, that I have read reports that just making the changes yourself may not fix the problem, as the seetings will not be saved. There is a .cab file in the link that Ebag has posted. I would recommend installing from there.
  20. #780  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    ...I'm not really sure what you're trying to do here. Are you trying to restore your apps/tweaks/customizations/etc from a WM5 backup to a WM6 ROM?

    I do NOT recommend doing any restores from a backup made under a different ROM version. While it's technically possible, and may even work just fine, all too often it's caused problems and issues.

    Yes it's a pain to reinstall everything and change all the settings back to what you like. But it's the only safe way to do it....
    No, I am trying to install from one WM6 ROM to another. While I can do a full backup/restore, I'd prefer to do a smarter "upgrade" restore, which is triggered by it being a different ROM version.

    The "upgrade" is specifically designed to upgrade from one ROM to another, retaining settings and applications.

    I want to test this out, but am unsure of how to force this to happen.

    So far, a full restore from test2 to test4 seems to be working correctly.

Posting Permissions