Page 38 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
  1.    #741  
    Shesh. I take a day off and go fishing and come back to like 50 new posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Ebag, I am still trying to customize my own version of your ROMs. Still am unable to delete any audio files. They seem to delete, but are there when flash is complete. Dunno what's going on. I may try the old fashioned Kitchen to remove those.
    Hmm. The ones I deleted I didn't do anything special with, just deleted 'em. Sorry.

Maybe the ones you're trying to remove already have a notification set for that one? The ones I removed were unused as of a standard hard reset IIRC/

One question, I use an exchange server with activesync so I don't need Dashwire. Is it OK to just delete all the files associated with Dashwire? There are about 4-5 files below Dashwire that start with Dash, I assume I can delete all those and not break anything? What about the one called DASShp.dll?
    DASShp.dll is a different file. All the Dashwire files are now prefixed with DASH_.

As for the Bluetooth/SD card issues....

I haven't experienced any Bluetooth issues, but I'll play with it some tommorrow at work.

Occasionally (maybe 1-3 times a day, and keep in mind that I do 10x soft/hard resets than the normal person since I"m testing different ROM's) my SD card will get lost. Every single time a soft reset fixes it. It's annoying when it happens, but rare enough that it's not something I'm considering broken (at least from my side of things).

If you're having an issue with the SD Card, I recommend:

1) Trying it after a hard reset with no other programs installed.

2) Formatting the SD card.

If neither of those work, try some tests to make sure your SD card hasn't gone bad. If you bought a cheap card, it's certainly possible it's going bad as flash memory only has a certain amount of writes that can be made to it, then it's dead.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

Hmm. The ones I deleted I didn't do anything special with, just deleted 'em. Sorry.

Maybe the ones you're trying to remove already have a notification set for that one? The ones I removed were unused as of a standard hard reset IIRC/

DASShp.dll is a different file. All the Dashwire files are now prefixed with DASH_.

As for the Bluetooth/SD card issues....

I haven't experienced any Bluetooth issues, but I'll play with it some tommorrow at work.

Occasionally (maybe 1-3 times a day, and keep in mind that I do 10x soft/hard resets than the normal person since I"m testing different ROM's) my SD card will get lost. Every single time a soft reset fixes it. It's annoying when it happens, but rare enough that it's not something I'm considering broken (at least from my side of things).

If you're having an issue with the SD Card, I recommend:

1) Trying it after a hard reset with no other programs installed.

2) Formatting the SD card.

If neither of those work, try some tests to make sure your SD card hasn't gone bad. If you bought a cheap card, it's certainly possible it's going bad as flash memory only has a certain amount of writes that can be made to it, then it's dead.
    Ebag333-

Any reason you could think of that SD card detection could be affected by Activesync?

I'll flash back to version 2 tonight and see how it acts...
    Well, hopefully you caught some big'ens.

I don't know, the audio files I'm removing are stuff like blues 12 bar, bach sonata, stuff that I don't know of having any notifications set for. Oh well, it wasn't that important to remove them. I just don't use them so figured might as well get rid of them. I may try once more using the standard kitchen. Seems last time I did that they were actually removed, just somehow they showed up as options, but wouldn't work if you tried selecting them. That's better than having them use up space.

Just wondering, since I only used your testing 4 for a few minutes before cooking it a little to my taste. I noticed with my modifications, when I hard reset, or even soft reset, after the bootloader screen there is no longer a Windows Mobile screen, it's now all white. Confused me for a while, thought I'd fried my ROM, till I let it sit a while and then everything else is normal, just missing that one screen. Is that something you did or something I did? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $never$ $touched$ $that$ $on$ $this$ $ROM$, $learned$ $my$ $lesson$ $already$ $that$ $WM$ $does$ $NOT$ $like$ $any$ $modifications$ $to$ $the$ $welcomehead96$.$png$ $file$......
  4. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    Well...unfortunately I have to go back to version 2...it recognized my SD card after seven soft resets in a row but interestingly when I set up my mail2web account with activesync it immediately lost the card afterwards (even without soft reset)...I've done three soft resets since and it will not pick it up now...

EDIT: Ok...this is weird...activesync is somehow tied to the detection of SD cards...so I did a manual sync and once it was done my SD card showed up again...if I soft reset, the card is gone again (probably due to it syncing after reset)...I can reproduce it either direction (sync will find card or will lose it) but it doesn't occur every time...

For those of you that can see your card all the time do you use activesync? I would bet you don't...

I can confirm that I do use Activesync and have seen this problem surface. I do not know if I will have it recur as it's been working all day, but it definitely disappeared yesterday right after I set up my exchange server.

Edit: Storage card disappeared on me again. Probably was gone a lot just didn't check all day. Also, I was crashing constantly. I'm flashing back to 1.15 now. Thanks for the glimps at 6.1, I'm looking forward to the 800 now more then ever, I just need my treo to be more stable considering it's primarily for work.

Thanks for all the hard work!
    Last edited by Cel; 07/06/2008 at 01:58 AM.

For those of you that can see your card all the time do you use activesync? I would bet you don't...
    You know if I hadn't read this post I would have never known about it happening, you are right I can't see it all the time. After this hard reset I never installed anything on the card, just pictures and such, but in anticipation of having to do hard resets due to this I installed my navigation program on the card, we'll see how much of an issue it is on my drive home today.

I can also confirm the loss of the boot screen, even though it's no big deal.

EDIT: So I did a soft reset and as soon as it booted up I started iGuidance and it worked fine. I was in the program for a few minutes with no issues. I decided to try going to see if AS showed that it had synced and it hadn't, time was still old. I went opened task manager and iGuidance was no longer running.
    Last edited by JAChavez99; 07/06/2008 at 11:13 AM.
    Hmm...odd. I did change the OBEX drivers (speaking of which, can anyone test that?), but that shouldn't effect basic Bluetooth stuff. I just double checked, and my device paired with my phone just fine.

It did even connect to the PAN for Network Connection Sharing, but for some reason didn't pull an IP address. I wonder if I forgot to reinclude my fix on that....grr....

So Bluetooth seems to work fine for me. I'll look at that later. I'm goin' fishin' now.
    With the Testing 4 Rom, I can successfully pair my Treo with other devices, for instance my laptop...as with the Testing 2 Rom, but with #4, I get "unknown error" or "not connected" messages when I try to transfer files from laptop to Treo.

I thought it could've been a problem on my end, so I put #2 back in to see a lil something and was able to pair and transfer successfully.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    no problems at all yet with testing 4 rom on my sprint treo 700wx. i installed the threaded sms too. runs smoother than wm5 for me. keep up the great work! i am very appreciative.
    New BT bug with WM6 Testing2. Twice, now, BT has just turned itself off and will not come back on until I soft reset. Oddly, it didn't start happening until after I ran Sprite Backup.

Thanks,
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  9.    #749  
    Any reason you could think of that SD card detection could be affected by Activesync?
    Not really. As far as I know all the ActiveSync files are from the original Verizon ROM.

Well, hopefully you caught some big'ens.
    Did all right. Slow fishing since they'd already spawned. I caught 3 over 14", a few in the 10-14" range, and a ton of little guys.

Just wondering, since I only used your testing 4 for a few minutes before cooking it a little to my taste. I noticed with my modifications, when I hard reset, or even soft reset, after the bootloader screen there is no longer a Windows Mobile screen, it's now all white.
    I noticed that too. I'm not sure why it's happening, but it's very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
    EDIT: So I did a soft reset and as soon as it booted up I started iGuidance and it worked fine. I was in the program for a few minutes with no issues. I decided to try going to see if AS showed that it had synced and it hadn't, time was still old. I went opened task manager and iGuidance was no longer running.
    ActiveSync takes a fair chunk of memory. If iGuidance takes a lot (leaving too little free for AS) WM6 will try and close iGuidance.

WM6's memory management is superior to WM5, but it takes some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    New BT bug with WM6 Testing2. Twice, now, BT has just turned itself off and will not come back on until I soft reset. Oddly, it didn't start happening until after I ran Sprite Backup.
    What are you restoring with Sprite Backup?

If it only happens after you run a restore, then there's probably something else going on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    no problems at all yet with testing 4 rom on my sprint treo 700wx. i installed the threaded sms too. runs smoother than wm5 for me. keep up the great work! i am very appreciative.
    I totally agree with Tekky here. I've been a long-time lurker on the forums and had to come out to offer my deepest gratitude to Ebags. This is really a great upgrade. The instructions are easy to follow and it's a safe upgrade. I started with the trimmed ROM on the front page and then switched to testing 4.

I have also had zero problems with testing 4. My 2 GB SD card works fine. I've installed threaded SMS and it also works beautifully. In my opinion, WM6 seems much faster and snappier than WM5. I was surprised to hear that people think it's slower. Maybe the hard resets cleared out the junk that was bogging my WM5 down. Still, it's fantastic. Bluetooth now works in my car AND shows battery and signal strength indicators. I can now upload contacts to my car bluetooth.

Ebags, you rock!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've read thru this entire thread and this is awesome work. I have an unusual device that might help in the quest for a "stripped" version of wm5. I have a 700wx from a local carrier called Cellular South. I got it when I won a random drawing for filling out a survey from their customer service. Anyway, the rom is very simple since they don't add any extra stuff like the big carriers. I would like to copy it out so I can try the wm6 roms posted here and still be able to go back to stock. CS never put this phone on the market so I have teh only one and can't get support to return to stock from the carrier. How can I copy the stock rom into a file that I can insert into the sprint updater? WOuld this rom be of any use to you guys here? It is a cdma device with EVDO internet where it is available in the Memphis area.
    Thanks
    Jack
  12.    #752  
    Cool little story Fabrijack. It's probably not that useful to us for two reasons:

1) I've already stripped most of the carrier stuff out of the ROM.
    2) Most work is going towards WM6 and away from WM5.

Now if it was a WM6 ROM.....
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spam2000 View Post
    I totally agree with Tekky here. I've been a long-time lurker on the forums and had to come out to offer my deepest gratitude to Ebags. This is really a great upgrade. The instructions are easy to follow and it's a safe upgrade. I started with the trimmed ROM on the front page and then switched to testing 4.

I have also had zero problems with testing 4. My 2 GB SD card works fine. I've installed threaded SMS and it also works beautifully. In my opinion, WM6 seems much faster and snappier than WM5. I was surprised to hear that people think it's slower. Maybe the hard resets cleared out the junk that was bogging my WM5 down. Still, it's fantastic. Bluetooth now works in my car AND shows battery and signal strength indicators. I can now upload contacts to my car bluetooth.

Ebags, you rock!
    I completely LOVE version 4 except for the fact I am hooked on using mail2web which means I need activesync...activesync is somehow making my SD card disappear at times...

As of last night I have gone back to version 2 and my card has not disappeared once since...
  14.    #754  
    For those having SD Card issues:

If you still have Testing 4, try installing the attached file. You can use Total Commander to install it. Simply copy it over from your SD card to the \Windows\ dir.

Please be sure to post your results.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Well After many lockups today I went back to the stripped WM6. I had only Exchange setup, Pocketbreeze, and Pocket Weather installed. I tried to uninstall the apps one at a time but even with nothing installed and ActiveSync configured it was still locking up.

Running just fine with the stripped version.
  16.    #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Well After many lockups today I went back to the stripped WM6.
    Lockups using which version? 4?

Did you try a hard reset?
    Lockups using which version? 4?

Did you try a hard reset?

Sorry Ebag333, I was using testing 4 on a Sprint 700WX. Yes I did hard reset, configure exchange and let it run. I did get about 500 text messages today (we had a router flapping) but it would be locked up after sitting a half an hour.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Is there a way to pull my stock rom out intact and use it to restore my device if I can't make the wm6 work?
  19.    #759  
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    Sorry Ebag333, I was using testing 4 on a Sprint 700WX. Yes I did hard reset, configure exchange and let it run. I did get about 500 text messages today (we had a router flapping) but it would be locked up after sitting a half an hour.
    Hmm. Very odd. No problems so far with Testing 4, which I've been using since shortly before I posted it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
    Is there a way to pull my stock rom out intact and use it to restore my device if I can't make the wm6 work?
    Considering your devices unique history, probably not. The best you could do would be to go with a stock Verizon or Sprint ROM, or go with one of my custom WM5 ones.

You can only do a ROM update if your carrier has released a ROM, which they problably haven't.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'll reflash back to version 4 and try the file...be back in a bit...