Page 37 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    Ebag, I tried the Testing 2 Rom, everything was great, Bluetooth worked.
    I just put in the new Testing 4 Rom, much faster than Testing 2, but Bluetooth no longer works. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Who uses Windows Update for anything?

I'll look into this, but it's a low priority for me. I'm of half a mind to just drop it completely.
    Hey! You ask for bugs and I give! ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Windows Update works on your first Full Rom Release. I just tested and confirmed for you. There are no updates of course, but it makes me feel good to have it.
    Thank you! :-) LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4.    #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    There's a 4th already? never saw the 3rd, still running the 2nd, what's the difference?
    If you'd looked about 3 posts up....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=714

Quote Originally Posted by phucktard_learning View Post
    Thanks for listening. I am using your full wm6
    Which full WM6 ROM? There's currently 5 of them that have been posted (though one of those five just got posted).

I don't really recommend using my third full ROM (it's semi-broken), and my latest one has slightly newer PIE browser files than the others, which seems to help with loading speeds. Plus it's stripped and compressed WAY down from the other (nearly to the size of the original stripped ROM).

2. Stortage memory is 62.92mb: in use 7.70 and Free amount at 60.22 / Program memory is total 57:32 - In use 17.70mb and free amount is 39.62. I noticed the slow down when Itry to use text message, the device will catch up and still work fine. but when i try to use EI or media player it slows to a crawl and and unable to check the memory status or use the hibernate program at this point and i have to do a reset.
    You may be one of those people where a "slow down" is irritating enough that you'll want to go back to WM5. I used WM5 over WM6 for a long time, because of the slow downs. Some people can live with it for the added functionality, some can't.

Try a CPU Scalar (there are free trials) and try my latest ROM (I linked it to it at the top of this post). The latest one is significantly faster than the other full ROM's.

4. I have not done a hard reset.
    I always recommend doing a hard reset when flashing. The ROM updates are designed to upgrade your phone, so they do not remove installed programs, or change registry keys back to defaults. I have added a significant amount of tweaks into the registry to speed it up (and suprisingly enough, Verizon/Palm had quite a few too, which they didn't in WM5). Anyway, it's certainly possible that you are missing those tweaks due to not hard resetting and having old registry settings.

It's a pain to hard reset, but that's why I've included Dashwire, as it greatly alleviates the pain in hard resetting. It doesn't put everything back, but it covers the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by longylong View Post
    Ebag, I tried the Testing 2 Rom, everything was great, Bluetooth worked.
    I just put in the new Testing 4 Rom, much faster than Testing 2, but Bluetooth no longer works. Thanks.
    Hmm...odd. I did change the OBEX drivers (speaking of which, can anyone test that?), but that shouldn't effect basic Bluetooth stuff. I just double checked, and my device paired with my phone just fine.

It did even connect to the PAN for Network Connection Sharing, but for some reason didn't pull an IP address. I wonder if I forgot to reinclude my fix on that....grr....

So Bluetooth seems to work fine for me. I'll look at that later. I'm goin' fishin' now.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 07/05/2008 at 09:24 AM.
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Hmm...odd. I did change the OBEX drivers (speaking of which, can anyone test that?), but that shouldn't effect basic Bluetooth stuff. I just double checked, and my device paired with my phone just fine.

It did even connect to the PAN for Network Connection Sharing, but for some reason didn't pull an IP address. I wonder if I forgot to reinclude my fix on that....grr....

So Bluetooth seems to work fine for me. I'll look at that later. I'm goin' fishin' now.
    Bluetooth is working fine for me with working 4. I've synced with my laptop via laptop as well as used my earpiece in headset and a2dp mode.

I've noticed a bit more instabilitiy then with working2, but I haven't played with it enough to know if it will be a consistent problem of if it's just transitory...

I've locked up 2-3 times now listening to streaming audio through wmp. The audio will continue but everything else is dead until I soft reset. Don't know if this will help you at all, just throwing it out there. So far working2 was more stable, but I do not have enough play time with it yet...
    I just installed testing 4. At first I could not get it to see my 2 GB ScanDisk card and the Bluetooth radio was reporting an error. Did 2 hard resets and every thing is working. Including ActiveSync to our exchange server.

Wonderful job! Just as fast as the stripped verson.
    Ebag, I am still trying to customize my own version of your ROMs. Still am unable to delete any audio files. They seem to delete, but are there when flash is complete. Dunno what's going on. I may try the old fashioned Kitchen to remove those.

I also edited the initflashfiles.dat using notepad, way better than Wordpad ( ) We'll see how it works shortly.

One question, I use an exchange server with activesync so I don't need Dashwire. Is it OK to just delete all the files associated with Dashwire? There are about 4-5 files below Dashwire that start with Dash, I assume I can delete all those and not break anything? What about the one called DASShp.dll?

Also, with my first test of testing4, Activesync is working just fine.

Thanks for all.
    Last edited by Malachi; 07/05/2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I just installed testing 4. At first I could not get it to see my 2 GB ScanDisk card and the Bluetooth radio was reporting an error. Did 2 hard resets and every thing is working. Including ActiveSync to our exchange server.

Wonderful job! Just as fast as the stripped verson.
    I had the exact same two problems as you...when trying to turn on bluetooth it was saying "Problem with bluetooth hardware"...doing one hard reset fixed that...I have continued to have problems with my 2 GB card though...I've done 4 hard resets and it's hit or miss if it picks up the card (on soft resets afterwards)...maybe this fourth hard reset will do it...I had this problem with version 2 although it was very rare...now every other soft reset does not pick it up...

Otherwise I love it though...just need to get my SD card figured out...
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I had the exact same two problems as you...when trying to turn on bluetooth it was saying "Problem with bluetooth hardware"...doing one hard reset fixed that...I have continued to have problems with my 2 GB card though...I've done 4 hard resets and it's hit or miss if it picks up the card (on soft resets afterwards)...maybe this fourth hard reset will do it...I had this problem with version 2 although it was very rare...now every other soft reset does not pick it up...

Otherwise I love it though...just need to get my SD card figured out...
    My SD card would work if I kept inserting it. It would be recognized every once in a while. I did a full format on the PC as FAT23 and now it works great!. I have soft reset the phone at least 10 times since and it is recognized every time.

My Bluetooth had the same error. After the hard reset I was able to pair my headset and it tested ok. I still need to set it up with my laptop. Maybe tomorrow.

Again, thanks EBAG333!!!!
    I am currently using testing 2 rom and it is working well for me except for issues with SPB Diary and PocketPlus which usually removes the bluetooth from the wireless manager menu. Leaving these off for now, my sprint 700wx is working well with #2. Doesn't seem to slow. Exchange works fine. Is it worth the work to try #4?
    JDM
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue where sometimes it won't see my 4GB SD card. I can do a soft reset and sometimes that will work, sometimes it won't. I thought it was something I had done, but it must be a bug in the ROM itself.

Also, using the old fashion non-GUI kitchen I was able to actually physically remove some audio files, but even then they showed as options under Notifications and Settings. Ebag, do you have any idea why? It seems that you have managed to remove some of the ringers, how did you do it?

I'm still working with initflashfiles.dat..........
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post

Also, using the old fashion non-GUI kitchen I was able to actually physically remove some audio files, but even then they showed as options under Notifications and Settings. Ebag, do you have any idea why? It seems that you have managed to remove some of the ringers, how did you do it?
    Perhaps you have removed the sound files but not the list that they are in. If you try to use them, do they work even after you removed them in the kitchen? Just a thought.
    JDM
  13. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I also had problems recognizing my SD card in the beginning as well. It took 2soft resets to sort it out and I haven't lost it yet. I haven't tried taking it out though and putting it back in, will try doing that tonight and see how it goes...
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'm still having the SD card problem...just when I think I have it licked I soft reset and it doesn't recognize it again...something definitely changed in this ROM because I haven't had this problem before...
    well, I just tried installing the newest wm6 and after it said download successful and the treo splash passed there was nothing but white, its funny though all the buttons would pop up when I pressed their function. I am reloading it again,
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I think I'm going to try reflashing but if the SD problem persists it's back to version 2 for me...
    great success!!!
    So I too installed the latest version and only had two issues, the SD card and the Bluetooth. After a few soft-resets I checked and the Bluetooth hardware error is gone, and the card seems to be recognized every time. Thanks for all the hard work!

On a different note I read that some of the other roms came with SPB software, Live search, etc. Is there a reason none of this is on this release? I'm asking mostly to know if I should avoiding installing anything because of compatability issues. Thanks again!
    dude this os is awesome, thanks a million.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Well...unfortunately I have to go back to version 2...it recognized my SD card after seven soft resets in a row but interestingly when I set up my mail2web account with activesync it immediately lost the card afterwards (even without soft reset)...I've done three soft resets since and it will not pick it up now...

EDIT: Ok...this is weird...activesync is somehow tied to the detection of SD cards...so I did a manual sync and once it was done my SD card showed up again...if I soft reset, the card is gone again (probably due to it syncing after reset)...I can reproduce it either direction (sync will find card or will lose it) but it doesn't occur every time...

For those of you that can see your card all the time do you use activesync? I would bet you don't...
    Last edited by pdawg17; 07/06/2008 at 12:22 AM.