Page 36 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
  1.    #701  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I will be releasing a ROM today (*crosses fingers*) that should be superior (I hope) to my original WM6 full ROM.
    No ROM today. I broke some stuff that I'm going to try and fix before releasing.
    Talked to one of my Russian coworkers last night and if you get me that file I can get it translated. If you come across anything else that is in Russian that can help I can also get it translated. He actually lived in one of the Baltic States I guess. We are very spoiled here. We only have to learn one language. He mentioned to me in his country in order to survive outside the home you needed to learn his native tongue, russian, french, german and english in order to communicate and make any money. He told me it would be no problem to translate for me. But I am guessing thats as long as we are talking a few pages and not books..

Rodney
  3.    #703  
    I posted it before, but here it is again.

Note that I've translated a fair chunk of it through Google Language. Which is actually an amazing tool.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I know most of you don't use hotmail, but when i changed to wm6 it doesn't let me download my hotmail instead it takes me to the msn mobile web page, i tried using flexmail but really don't like it, any advise please?
    there is a WM6 cab installer floating around some where on the internet
    Just an FYI for ebag

When I manually (not a backup) load the applications SPB Pocket Plus or Spb Diary (both latest versions) on to my Sprint Treo 700wx running WM6 testing2 it breaks the bluetooth (wont work at all and doesn't show up in wireless manager). Once they are removed it works normally again.
    I use my phone with an exchange server and it works fine using WM6 testing2.
    Programs currently working OK include eWallet, SPB Mobile Shell, SPB Phone Suite, NewsBreak,SPB Traveler, SPB Time, Keep Track, ListPro and SPB Backup
    JDM
    Windows Update works on your first Full Rom Release. I just tested and confirmed for you. There are no updates of course, but it makes me feel good to have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by superman26 View Post
    I know most of you don't use hotmail, but when i changed to wm6 it doesn't let me download my hotmail instead it takes me to the msn mobile web page, i tried using flexmail but really don't like it, any advise please?
    I just installed Threaded messaging and the Windows Live on the WM6 Trimmed rom here and its working no issues. (cannot test WL connection cuz im working on fixing my Data package) but it starts and runs fine.

Edit: Ebags333, i just installed Resco explorer on the trimmed rom and it has smoked my connection manager as well. no BT no Dialer and No Radio.

Edit 2 Hard reset does NOT fix this issue. Going to hard reset again. if that fails here we come rom install.

Edit 3
    double hard reset worked.
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 07/04/2008 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    I just installed Threaded messaging and the Windows Live on the WM6 Trimmed rom here and its working no issues. (cannot test WL connection cuz im working on fixing my Data package) but it starts and runs fine.

Edit: Ebags333, i just installed Resco explorer on the trimmed rom and it has smoked my connection manager as well. no BT no Dialer and No Radio.

Edit 2 Hard reset does NOT fix this issue. Going to hard reset again. if that fails here we come rom install.

Edit 3
    double hard reset worked.
    Use your phone app removal program to remove Resco Today Plugin and see if this helps. JDM
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    Use your phone app removal program to remove Resco Today Plugin and see if this helps. JDM
    Ive already done a hard reset. Ive narrowed it down to resco's today plugin or my photo dialing plugin that i installed.

Im doing a sprite back up right now when i will install one at a time and do a soft reset in between to see which is the culprit.
  11.    #711  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    When I manually (not a backup) load the applications SPB Pocket Plus or Spb Diary (both latest versions) on to my Sprint Treo 700wx running WM6 testing2 it breaks the bluetooth (wont work at all and doesn't show up in wireless manager). Once they are removed it works normally again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Curious. Are you using the latest versions, or older ones? SPB say it supports 6.0, no mention of 6.1. No mention at all (that I could find) of what Resco supports.

I might have to download the CAB and see what files it installs. I wonder if it overwrites something...

Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Windows Update works on your first Full Rom Release. I just tested and confirmed for you. There are no updates of course, but it makes me feel good to have it.
    I'll try and get this working again. Though I'm not even sure we *CAN* update considering the hybridazation going on here....

If I don't get it working, I'll just dump it totally. Would free up some room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Curious. Are you using the latest versions, or older ones? SPB say it supports 6.0, no mention of 6.1. No mention at all (that I could find) of what Resco supports.

I might have to download the CAB and see what files it installs. I wonder if it overwrites something...
    Its Resco explorer 2007 v 6.15 and it seems to be working now. I downloaded the latest version. I was using Resco Explorer 2005. so im guessing that was the issue. but to verify im going to perform a back up and then install my photo dialing plug in and see if that was the culprit. ill get back to you in 15.

Edit:It was in fact the Picture dialing plugin. it must replace something with an old version in the dialer area.

Edit 2: Trimmed rom running, SKtools latest, resko explorer latest, Threaded SMS, TomTom Mobile 7, and Windows Live. all working correctly. Now i need some help with my data connection. i need to know what the MIN-HA SPI and the MIN-AAA SPI.
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 07/04/2008 at 01:49 PM.
    well, went back to the modified wm5, even with the xcpuscalar it kept locking up forcing a soft reset. the internet is the killer, after visiting a few mobile friendly sites it slows significantly
  14.    #714  
    Happy Fourth of July!

My gift to all of you is my fourth installment on my full WM6 ROM's.

I've corrected all the issues found in my third ROM (hopefully ), along with a few enhancements.

There is a ton of room in this ROM, so if you want to throw some stuff in, go ahead. Not only did I remove PowerPoint and One Note, but I also tracked down some of the bigger DLL's I could UPX. Despite that fact that UPX slows down loading the DLL, WM6 seems faster and snappier than any of the previous full WM6 ROM's. Not WM5 fast, but enough where I'm not tearing my hair out waiting for it to load something.

I've also updated Dashwire, and changed the way it's installed. Basically it copies itself to \Program Files\Dashwire\ (from ROM to memory) post flash. This allows you to install a newer version over it, should one be released, without worrying about it being in the Windows directory. It uses a bit more memory this way (not ROM), but it's a bit safer.

The only thing that is currently broken is Microsoft Reader. For some reason it's not launching.

Oh, one other change is some of icons got new faces. They spent hours dolling themselves up for you, so make sure you treat 'em right. Have them home no later than 10.

And without any further adieu:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/53911845...Testing_4.html
    ooo...sounds like some good stuff!

thx ebags, will load her up tomorrow afternoon.
    Newbie here - so please bear with me. First I would like to thank all the people here for your continued education and support for this project. I really appreciate that you share and pass along your knowledge.
    Onto my question(s): I flashed my sprint 700wx using the “sprint sdu updater1.15” replacing the .nb0 file with Ebags Full WM6 ROM. Everything flashed just fine however, WM6 is running so slow that I have to constantly soft reset. Also the IE just loads up but never connects? Although PDAnet works perfectly. I feel like I must have done something wrong here? I haven’t seen anyone else mention this here?
    Also I noticed in the sprint sdu update 1.15 that there is a file folder included called 2577, is this file really required? If so can someone explain what it is for?

Happy 4th everyone!
  17.    #717  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    ooo...sounds like some good stuff!

thx ebags, will load her up tomorrow afternoon.
    Incidentally I'm down to just ~85 files that haven't been backported.

A large chunk of it is ActiveSync/Exchange/SMS stuff (all spun togther in a nice confusing little web). Tug on one strand, and the whole thing unravels.

So I'm not sure how much more I can backport. The rom is mostly WM6.1 (all the drivers are), but the stuff that hasn't been backported is really nasty. So this just may be the final ROM. I certainly hope not, and I'll keep trying, but don't hold your breath.

Oh...and Mal....since this is probably the last major release for a while, are we going to make the front page of WMExperts again?

Quote Originally Posted by phucktard_learning View Post
    Onto my question(s): I flashed my sprint 700wx using the “sprint sdu updater1.15” replacing the .nb0 file with Ebags Full WM6 ROM.
    Which WM6 ROM?

Everything flashed just fine however, WM6 is running so slow that I have to constantly soft reset. Also the IE just loads up but never connects? Although PDAnet works perfectly. I feel like I must have done something wrong here? I haven’t seen anyone else mention this here?
    Couple of things.

1) Which phone? (700w or 700wx?)

2) Running so slow: Check your free memory and see how much you have free when you notice it starting to run slow. Have you tried the hibernate program in System (if you have my full rom)?

3) Are you noticing these problems immediatly after flashing, or only after installing programs?

4) Have you tried a hard reset yet?

Also I noticed in the sprint sdu update 1.15 that there is a file folder included called 2577, is this file really required? If so can someone explain what it is for?
    It's required files, yes. Basically the programs it actually uses to flash the ROM.
    There's a 4th already? never saw the 3rd, still running the 2nd, what's the difference?
    WM6 ROM?

Couple of things.

1) Which phone? (700w or 700wx?)

2) Running so slow: Check your free memory and see how much you have free when you notice it starting to run slow. Have you tried the hibernate program in System (if you have my full rom)?

3) Are you noticing these problems immediatly after flashing, or only after installing programs?

4) Have you tried a hard reset yet?

Thanks for listening. I am using your full wm6

1. 700wx (sprint)

2. Stortage memory is 62.92mb: in use 7.70 and Free amount at 60.22 / Program memory is total 57:32 - In use 17.70mb and free amount is 39.62. I noticed the slow down when Itry to use text message, the device will catch up and still work fine. but when i try to use EI or media player it slows to a crawl and and unable to check the memory status or use the hibernate program at this point and i have to do a reset.

3. The only program I loaded was PDAnet however this started before i loaded this program.

4. I have not done a hard reset.
  20. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Nice work Ebag!

4th Working installed like clockwork for me. I can confirm that activesync is functioning and it's syncing up all my stuff right now.

I'll play with it some more and let you know if I notice any glaring bugs. I do like WM6 and I'm glad I wrnt for the upgrade.

Thanks for all your hard work.