Page 34 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    Okay... I just ran into my first problem with the WM6v2 on my 700w... I cannot install 3rd party applications. All programs install unsuccessfully.

EDIT:
    Never mind. I got it.
  2.    #662  
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Should have a naming convention such as...

<snip>

If we use naming conventions like this on the files it should make life much easier for people trying to figure out what is what...

<snip>

Instead of us having 3-4 messages about a problem and just trying to figure out what rom they are using should consider a better naming convention.
    That won't help when people post "I finished flashing and now I have a problem."

It's pretty obvious that when you have a problem, you need to post what version you went with. When I ask people what they flashed, often they have no hints as to what they used in their original post. They should at the very least post whether it was WM5 or WM6, but all too many times I've seen posts where even that basic information is lacking.

I'm not to the point where I'm going to ignore posts that don't have enough basic info, but I must admit, it's irritating.

Anyway, from my experience no matter what my naming convention is, people still won't post the info that's needed. That's just human nature I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Do you have all of your rom downloads in an easy to use "package" ?
    I am going to start putting the roms and other utilities up on my web site to have another location to get them from. I can also provide you access to the file area or I can just add them as I can.
    I don't have anything in an easy to use "package" other than what you see here.

Probably the easiest way to handle it is if you can mirror the files and post the links in here, and I'll update the appropriate areas.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I've tried to install the WM6 update following the instructions at the top of this thread. When I push the up button on the 5 way, I get a white screen with "Checking SD card..." It never proceeds beyond that. It is a 1 GB card, formatted to Fat32. The Treo can read it fine when booted in Windows.

I also tried using the 115 Sprint updater with the .nb0 rom for WM6. The Sprint updater says the update had already been applied and exited.

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
    Do a full format on the SD card. and a quick one and try again that worked for me.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I tried the full and quick format with 2 different cards. Still just sits there on "Checking SD card..."

Any other thoughts?
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotys View Post
    I tried the full and quick format with 2 different cards. Still just sits there on "Checking SD card..."

Any other thoughts?
    You don't have your serial/usb sync cable plugged in....do you?
    what type of card? is it an SD or micro? also are you using your device as a pass through to copy the rom to the card?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That won't help when people post "I finished flashing and now I have a problem."
    Just had to smile when I read this. I can relate.

I've been running the 6.0 Full Rom (Test 2) since last week. I've had no issues with usability, interface, app installation/removal, etc. With regards to connectivity I have full 1x and EVDO on Sprint's network, all phone calls come in and go out, Activesync via USB and Bluetooth works flawlessly.

The only issue I was having was with DUN via BT. Prior to the update I had DUN via BT working with my handset. After flashing my laptop would connect to the phone but would get stuck on the "Dialing..." message only to timeout a few seconds later with the message, "Error 777: The connection attempt failed because the modem (or other connecting device) on the remote computer is out of order."

I played around with several things and finally came across the solution. In Settings > Connections my Network Management is set so that Internet connections use my wireless network (Sprint) and Private connections use "My Work Network" (the default). I edited the My Work Network settings and under the Proxy Settings tab I checked the box "This network connects to the Internet." Lo and behold my DUN connection fired right up and connected almost immediately.

I haven't yet tried the Test 3 ROM as 1) I've customized all my settings and have the thing working just the way I want/need it to and 2) I can't afford not to have ActiveSync working so until that bug is fixed in T3 I'll pass for now.

Ebag, this is a wonderful accomplishment and huge contribution to the community. So, here's to you Mr. ROM Flashing Guy...
    WM6 Full ROM is up!

Download link in second post or download here.

This is a WM6 (not 6.1) ROM using AKU version 4.2.

There is approx 1.8 megs of free space remaining if you would like to add your own files.

At this point I am not aware of any bugs. If you encounter one, please report it.

Some things I would like to have tested if possible:

1) Bluetooth compatability (car kits, headsets, etc). Especially note the differences between WM5 and WM5.

2) SDHC card compatability. The SD files are dated 4/24/2008, so they are extremely recent. I do not have a 4+ gig SDHC card, so if someone who does have one can test compatability, that'd be great.

3) Anything else you can think of. Try programs, games, files, etc that didn't work very well under WM5. I've already seen an improvement in several games I tested in comparison to WM5. My Redfly compatability has seemed to be improved. That sort of thing.

Please add any feedback, suggestions, jokes, etc into this thread.
    I downloaded the ROM, now...how do I implement it on my device? There are no "instructions" at the top of this thread with what needs to be done with the file that I downloaded and I'd like to try this on my hellish WM5 Treo wx700, WM5 on this thing totally SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! Constantly freezing and crashing, I dont even know why they released this device with WM5!

Thanks

-R
  10.    #670  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberian View Post
    The only issue I was having was with DUN via BT.
    Have you tried Internet Connection Sharing yet? I think it might be superior. Try it and let us know the results.

If it doesn't work, there might be a small bug where 4 reg keys are wrong. Not sure if I fixed that in 2 or not. Let me know if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothverses View Post
    I downloaded the ROM, now...how do I implement it on my device?
    Did you even read the first three posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotys View Post

Any other thoughts?
    I had the same issue the first time I tried the WM6 testing 2 rom. After watching it patiently for 30 minutes. I disconnected the power source pulled the battery and prayed for the best. I started the process over again ,same card, same phone, same process and this time it worked and actually spent about 1-2 minutes in the checking SD card mode. I was using a 2GB Kensington card with only the nbo file on it .(fat 32 formatted). It proceeded to load in about 10 - 15 minutes and worked well after that. JDM

Treo 700 wx sprint (started with wm5 sprint rom 1.15)
    Last edited by jdmoser; 07/02/2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: additional info:
    Have you tried Internet Connection Sharing yet? I think it might be superior. Try it and let us know the results.

If it doesn't work, there might be a small bug where 4 reg keys are wrong. Not sure if I fixed that in 2 or not. Let me know if it doesn't.

Did you even read the first three posts?
    Sorry bro, I was multitasking here at work and I thought this was a brand new thread Sorry about that man
  13.    #673  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    I had the same issue the first time I tried the WM6 testing 2 rom. After watching it patiently for 30 minutes. I disconnected the power source pulled the battery and prayed for the best. I started the process over again ,same card, same phone, same process and this time it worked
    This has happened to me once or twice.

Just pray that it doesn't hang up in the middle of the ROM loading process. Ask me how I know...

Yes, I have and no it's not working. I did try the reg key edits you mentioned in a previous post but still no dice. I plan to work with it more over the holiday weekend and I'll be glad to post the results.
    Bug report:

FYI: I am using WM6 full ROM 2. Sometimes my SD Card will stop working (no longer detected). It takes a Soft-Reset to bring it back.

I am using a 2GB SD Card (Not SDHC).
  16.    #676  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberian View Post
    Yes, I have and no it's not working. I did try the reg key edits you mentioned in a previous post but still no dice. I plan to work with it more over the holiday weekend and I'll be glad to post the results.
    Use the stock settings (with the Testing 2 ROM), then change these in the registry.

<characteristic type="Registry">
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Comm\Tcpip\Parms">
    <parm name="IpEnableRouter" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    </characteristic>
    <characteristic type="HKLM\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\Tcpip">
    <parm name="EnableDHCP" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="DefaultGateway" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    <parm name="UseZeroBroadcast" value="0" datatype="integer" />
    </characteristic>

One of those 4 settings (they were all 1) fixed it.
    So seriously though, on hold for how long do you think?

I'm anxious to play with the Internet Sharing improvements you made between 2 and 3.

A week? A month??

Since I check the forums for the new rom like once every 15 minutes! J/K
    Last edited by ziggystar; 07/02/2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: eh
  18. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Bug report:

FYI: I am using WM6 full ROM 2. Sometimes my SD Card will stop working (no longer detected). It takes a Soft-Reset to bring it back.

+1
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Bug report:

+2
    WM5 - after loading dump of another phone
    About screen: serial number issue
    Software version: ok - unchanged
    Hardware version: ok - unchanged
    Serial number: problem - changed
    Phone number: ok -unchanged
    MSID: ok - unchanged
    Data User: ok - unchanged
    Firmware version: ok but changed
    PRL ID: better - back to right carrier
    ERI ID: ok - unchanged
    ESN: ok - unchanged
    ESN Hex: ok - unchanged
    Sid: ok - unchanged

My phone was so messed up (not on sprint or verizon but regional carrier Ntelos) that I grabbed someone elses phone and dumped the ROM using grabit64. My only goal was to get their version of the ROM back on it and start over again. The dump opened and dumped just like any other NapaBoth.nb0 file but when I loaded it I had one side effect.

All the functions returned, mainly stable internet and text (SMS) started working again. The problem is listed above... the serial number shows changed. The phone works fine but I don't like WM reporting the wrong serial.

I have looked and searched through the dump. I have used a hex editor to look at files and searched for the serial but can't find out where it is coming from.

Does anyone know where the serial number is being stored?

I do have a broken dump that I can go back to and it fixes the serial so it definitely is in the dump files. But then I'm back to SMS not working, the wrong PRL, and somewhat stable internet.

Thanks