Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    So to confirm, are you guys saying that if I use mail2web to get push email it won't work with the wm6 roms due to activesync problems?
    From what I have read, the verision 3 of the ROM out there, ActiveSync is not working correctly. If you stick with version 2, as some have, it will work just fine.

But don't worry, as with every other problem, the wonderful, smart people of this forum will get it working.
    Bingo
    ill agree testingWM6v2 had NO problems with activesync or mail2web. theres ALOT of software bundled in there and its really nicely done, and clean. i ran it for a few days and loved it but flashed back to 5 for 2 reasons. number one most important. just to say i could and did. 2 for the hell of it. no i guess ill prolly wait till 1 Ebag releases testing v4. or 2) my daughter upgrades (actually as far as im concerned thats a DOWNgrade)to the instinct so i can steal her treo. so i can play with 1 and live with the other.
    also i must report that with the stripped wm6 i loaded my WiFi drivers and had my WiFi card working fine. with the FULL wm6 it said unrecognized card then i loaded the drivers and it didnt even see the card at all when i inserted it? extremely weird. If you need/want ANY info on that just ask.
    keep up the great work bro!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Are you using WM5 or WM6? This is unclear to me from your post.

If you're using WM5, it should be no different than stock.

If you're using the WM6 Testing 2, then that contains the 6.1 bluetooth drivers, which are basically the best drivers availible at the moment.
    Sorry I wasn't clear I guess I abbreviated to much. I was using your WM6 Testing 2 and developed this problem. When I can, I am going to try to reload again and see if this problem persists. Thanks JDM
    First of all...amazing work. Your ROM is top notch.

I'm having a strange problem that I haven't seen referenced in the 700w/wx custom rom thread. (It's possible I missed it.)

I have a sprint treo 700wx. Whenever I do a soft reset, I'm able to connect to the internet once. As soon as the connection idles/disconnects I am unable to reconnect. The phone will kind of act buggy and the data icon will switch from 1x to EVDO back and forth but it never loads any content.

Strangely enough, it didn't seem to be doing this last night when I had first installed the ROM. I tried doing a hard reset, but the problem happened immediately.

Any ideas? Should I just reflash?

I'm using the WM6 full ROM linked on the 2nd post. Active Sync seems to work fine on it. Everything else works fine except for this..

Much obliged,
    Clifton
    Quote Originally Posted by clifgriffin View Post
    First of all...amazing work. Your ROM is top notch.

I'm having a strange problem that I haven't seen referenced in the 700w/wx custom rom thread. (It's possible I missed it.)

I have a sprint treo 700wx. Whenever I do a soft reset, I'm able to connect to the internet once. As soon as the connection idles/disconnects I am unable to reconnect. The phone will kind of act buggy and the data icon will switch from 1x to EVDO back and forth but it never loads any content.

Strangely enough, it didn't seem to be doing this last night when I had first installed the ROM. I tried doing a hard reset, but the problem happened immediately.

I'm using the WM6 full ROM linked on the 2nd post. Active Sync seems to work fine on it. Everything else works fine except for this..

Much obliged,
    Clifton
    After more wading through the thread, I found the Testing 2 rom which I plan to try on my lunch break.

I would try Testing 3, except I need Active Sync.

Ebag, I could set you up with a test exchange account at my organization. PM me.
    Ebag, I could set you up with a test exchange account at my organization. PM me.
    WOW! That's extremely trusting of you...
    ETA to next build? Testing 4 I take it? Also, how do I get on your internal testing program?
  10.    #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    also i must report that with the stripped wm6 i loaded my WiFi drivers and had my WiFi card working fine. with the FULL wm6 it said unrecognized card then i loaded the drivers and it didnt even see the card at all when i inserted it? extremely weird. If you need/want ANY info on that just ask.
    keep up the great work bro!!
    Very odd. The stripped ROM is especially curious since it's a blend of WM5, WM6.0, and WM6.1.

Which full WM6 did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear I guess I abbreviated to much. I was using your WM6 Testing 2 and developed this problem. When I can, I am going to try to reload again and see if this problem persists. Thanks JDM
    That's an odd issue I haven't seen or heard of. Try reflashing, and do a soft reset after you flash (once you setup the device).

Again, a very odd issue. Does your area have both 1X and EVDO? I know mine can bounce back and forth if I'm around the area where the two towers overlap. Try Testing 2 and let me know your results.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    WOW! That's extremely trusting of you...
    /me goes out to find the highest spam bidder

I may take you up on that. I'll let you know one I get my phone working again....

Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    ETA to next build? Testing 4 I take it? Also, how do I get on your internal testing program?
    Next build is on hold for a while while I recover from my stupidity.

There's no real "internal testing program", just a list of people I harrass occasionally and get them to break stuff. I really just send them stuff I know is broken so they can go through the pain of flashing and hard resetting to tell me something I already know.

Just kidding, they've all been a HUGE help.

I may take you up on that. I'll let you know one I get my phone working again....
    It's much more dangerous than spam. Exchange mailboxes require an active directory user account. If your exchange server isn't properly patched, in the wrong hands, it would be all you need to take out everything...
    Again, a very odd issue. Does your area have both 1X and EVDO? I know mine can bounce back and forth if I'm around the area where the two towers overlap. Try Testing 2 and let me know your results.
    I'm on Testing 2 right now...much better. I'm still having finnicky connection issues but I believe that is a combination of crappy coverage and a slightly out of date PRL file.

I didn't say it would be able to send to more than one e-mail address. It will be way locked down.

Just let me know.
    ebag;

question for you? Does the WM6 rom include the ability for animated boot images? I found a sweet sprint animation that I would like to have as my boot up, any idea if it will work?
  14.    #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    ebag;

question for you? Does the WM6 rom include the ability for animated boot images? I found a sweet sprint animation that I would like to have as my boot up, any idea if it will work?
    Pretty sure not.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    I can confirm that ActiveSync _does_ work in the Testing 2 ROM.
    ActiveSync is working for me as well.
    Sorry again ebag. After reloading I discovered that with the plain wm6 testing 2, the bluetooth works fine. Then when I use my SPB backup to reload my applications then the problem occurs with a loss of bluetooth functionality. I guess I will have to load the applications (phone suite, shell, pocket plus etc.)one at a time to see which one breaks the bluetooth.
    Thanks JDM
  17.    #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    Sorry again ebag. After reloading I discovered that with the plain wm6 testing 2, the bluetooth works fine. Then when I use my SPB backup to reload my applications then the problem occurs with a loss of bluetooth functionality. I guess I will have to load the applications (phone suite, shell, pocket plus etc.)one at a time to see which one breaks the bluetooth.
    Thanks JDM
    I do NOT recommend ever restoring a backup after changing versions of ROM (even if you're going from WM6 to WM6).

This is the exact reason why Dashwire is included now instead of Sprite Backup. Dashwire only restores things that are "safe" to change between versions. (Plus it's smaller. )

Not picking on you, just re-iterating for the person who's about to post in 30 seconds with "why doesn't my phone work after restoring my backup?"
    ...This is the exact reason why Dashwire is included now instead of Sprite Backup. Dashwire only restores things that are "safe" to change between versions. (Plus it's smaller. )...
    Note that Sprite Backup has a way to backup/restore when upgrading (that is, switching OS version). Can't say I have much exerience with that, but thought I'd mention it.

I will likely try both a full back/restore and the "upgrade" path in Sprite Backup when switchig from WM full v2 to whatever is the next fully functional stable WM6 ROM (v4? Final?).

Anyway, thank you very, very much for everything you are doing. Amazing stuff, really.

Looking at Dashwire, it looks like it stores only PIM type information. I need to restore more than that, for sure!

BTW: You might want to consider updating your second (?) post with at least links to the posts that have the later ROMs. That would make it easier to find them

Also, I found some other added program that is not WM6-ready, but, darn it, I don't recall which one. Not very helpful, I know, but I'll try and find it and post it when I do.
    I do NOT recommend ever restoring a backup after changing versions of ROM (even if you're going from WM6 to WM6).

This is the exact reason why Dashwire is included now instead of Sprite Backup. Dashwire only restores things that are "safe" to change between versions. (Plus it's smaller. )

Not picking on you, just re-iterating for the person who's about to post in 30 seconds with "why doesn't my phone work after restoring my backup?"
    I thought I was safe as I was using SPB Backup 2.0 which has a seperate restore mode for after a ROM upgrade. All of my current applications are wm5 and wm6 compatible but god only knows how they are loaded. It seemed like such a sweet process to do the quick and dirty restore until the bluetooth was busted.
    My current guess is that there is a file that is being loaded from WM5 setup that is interfering with the current Bluetooth build. So I'll be up late again doing this manually. Thanks again JDM
    I would like to try out the testing 2 rom, but I downloaded it and I get a .rar file. What do I do with the .rar file?