Page 31 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
  1.    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    And another problem. When I try to install something by clicking a cab file, I get the this is not a valid pocketpc application error.
    Quote Originally Posted by dowish View Post
    I am also having active sync problems with the test 3 rom. I am also getting an error about the .cab not being a valid ppc application when i try to install google maps. On the plus side, browsing mobile sites seem even faster than test 2, however browsing full size is still slow with occasional freezes.

I can't help with the SD card testing as I only have a 2GB SD card. When i get home, i can test BT.

BTW, I've got a Sprint 700wx.
    Hmm.

Seems something with Active Sync is definatly broke then. I'll try and test it when I get WM6 back on my phone.

Oh, and this is the 601st post (600th reply). This thread has had 32,120 views in less than 2 months (making it the 4th most view thread in the 700wx forums). This thread is the 3rd most replied to thread, and just 19 replies short of 2nd.

And 31 pages.

WOW!
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/30/2008 at 01:22 PM.
    Yes, activesync is broke. I was just going to post.
    Also XCPU Scalar, do people just leave that at 512 and not have any issues with 700wxs? No melt downas or over heats?
  4.    #604  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Also XCPU Scalar, do people just leave that at 512 and not have any issues with 700wxs? No melt downas or over heats?
    Occasionally it'll lock up. But not often enough that it's not worth setting it that high.

I haven't used xCPU Scalar extensivly in WM6 yet however.
    wrong thread
    Now that I think about it, you dont need my settings to see the problem with activesync. Just enter whatever you want into the settings, it wont even let you get to the point where you can even try to sync.

Has anyone used exchange activesync with testing 2 rom? I dont have a way to flash my phone right now.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I can confirm that ActiveSync _does_ work in the Testing 2 ROM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    I can confirm that ActiveSync _does_ work in the Testing 2 ROM.
    Me, too. I have OTA Exchange ActiveSync set up and working fine under Testing 2.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Ebag, is it just me or are these 700wx ROMs extremely finicky? So far I've been taking your releases and customizing them to fit my taste. As stated before, mainly I remove the cameradriver.dll, games, and (I've tried to remove) a few ringtones. Oh, and also customizing my RadioWelcome and RadioGoodbye bmps. I even tried a custom WelcomeHead96.png (You know the Windows screen that comes on after the bootloader?) but that was a total failure, tried a couple different versions but none would show, just gave me a totally white screen in it's place. *shrug*

Anyhow, using you WM6 testing 2, I did all the above, as well as removed dashwire, and I ended up breaking it so that I could not run any cab files. I didn't get an error, just nothing would happen if I clicked on one. So, I started with a fresh testing 2 ROM and tried again, this time not removing quite as many audio files, and it worked. So, I designed a better RadioGoodbye.bmp and cooked it in, and then ended up with the problem where Activesync would not let me setup a server. I could enter the info, but it was not saving it. (I'm telling you, this thing is so picky.) So, I started all over, and did the same thing, and now it works fine. Whatever!

The only thing I've noticed to be a problem is clicking Start > Programs it freezes up half way thru loading the page, just for a few seconds, then works fine.

I use pdanet a lot, just not the last couple weeks. But, using it on your first WM6 full ROM it worked fine. I'll try with testing 2 and your next release.

Anyhow, I also noticed that the audio files I was "deleting" were not deleted after all. That's why I was still seeing them as options in the Sounds and Notifications settings. I dunno what's going on there, everything else I delete gets deleted, but not the audio files.

In my defence, I am a newb at cooking ROMs, and pretty ignorant along a lot of these lines. Remember the "editing initflashfiles.dat with Wordpad" thing?

Once you figure out what's breaking activesync from taking the server info I'll try your latest release. I really need push email. If you don't mind, maybe you could post your findings along that line, I'd really like to know...
  10.    #610  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Ebag, is it just me or are these 700wx ROMs extremely finicky?

<snip>

So, I started all over, and did the same thing, and now it works fine. Whatever!

Welcome to my world.

The only thing I've noticed to be a problem is clicking Start > Programs it freezes up half way thru loading the page, just for a few seconds, then works fine.

Using a CPU Scalar?

I use pdanet a lot, just not the last couple weeks. But, using it on your first WM6 full ROM it worked fine. I'll try with testing 2 and your next release.
    It should work on both. But Internet Connection Sharing might be superior.

Once you figure out what's breaking activesync from taking the server info I'll try your latest release. I really need push email. If you don't mind, maybe you could post your findings along that line, I'd really like to know
    I plan on doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Everything I've tried on Testing 2 works flawlessly. The only thing I've noticed is BT dropout with my Treo headset but I've always had that.

I've not tried ICS yet but I have no problems with PDANet that I know of.

Thanks.
    I found one issue... Settings -> System -> Windows Update.

I tap it and nothing happens. Also, I browsed to the \Windows directory and located updatebin.exe which I'm assuming is the binary to which that link leads and tried to execute it and got the same result.

Thanks,
    Last edited by gksmithlcw; 06/30/2008 at 05:28 PM.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I can give you a rough idea...basically what I posted before. The problem is a lot of the files I changed...I have no frackin' idea of what they do.

I have a ROUGH guide, but it's all in Russian.

You could try the WM6 ROM. I don't *THINK* it'd hurt anything (and you should be able to reflash anyway). I honestly don't think it'd work though.

And the 700w has 32 megs of RAM not ROM. BIG difference.

They both have 128 megs of storage space (64 megs for ROM, 64 megs free for user).

That makes me wonder though....other devices have adjusted the partitions. I wonder if that's possible on the 700wx....

Thank you! This is exactly the feedback I'm looking for!

Please let me know the results of your BT tests, especially compred to stock WM5.

Try the Testing 3 ROM. It should be significantly better with this.

Also nab the xCPUScalar (or similar). It makes a world of difference with WM6.

Are you having to re-pair every time? You shouldn't need to. At least with my GPS puck, in WM5 I had to re-pair (and soft reset) every single time the device or the puck was shut off. Now with WM6 I haven't had to re-pair once (though I haven't used it super-extensively due to constantly reflashing).

Oooooh, I see the problem. You own a Landrover. If you owned a Land Cruiser, all your problems would go away.

/me pets his two Land Cruisers

I posted the how to fix Take 2 (right below the link). I should really remove the Take 2 ROM link.....

I seriously do recommend you go with the Final WM5 ROM. Take 1 and 2 are rather....rough....
    Okay I will have to try the 3rd ROM update....but has everything been fixed on there? I noticed some comments about items not working right (ex. Notes)?

I did actually overclock the CPU and that has definitely helped....has been less frequent in idling it seems but it happened to me yesterday.

As for the bluetooth, I don't have to re-pair each time, but I do have to power cycle the bluetooth sometimes....this afternoon I didn't have to do that, but I did this morning....It has been weird with no real consistency to it.
    As for the Landriver comment....I think I will just ignore that one.
    Active sync doesn't work on the 3rd rom. So the best of the 3 right now is the 2nd rom. Otherwise I'd wait for the 4th.
    I can give you a rough idea...basically what I posted before. The problem is a lot of the files I changed...I have no frackin' idea of what they do.

I have a ROUGH guide, but it's all in Russian.
    I have some coworkers that understand Russian so I may be able to get that converted if i get a copy...

Might take a little while but I should be able to get it converted. May take a while because I only see them ocassionally and for 5-10 minutes at a time.

Rodney
    Welcome to my world.

Using a CPU Scalar?

It should work on both. But Internet Connection Sharing might be superior.

I plan on doing so.
    LOL, what a world. But, it is kinda fun even so.

No, not using a CPU scaler. I tried the xcpuscaler with stock WM5, didn't see no difference. Plus, it costs money. Which I don't have.

I'll try the ICS sometime. Would be nice.

Thanks for all your effort. If you're going thru half the trouble I'm going thru, you are a man of endurance. I kinda figured with you being an expert and all that stuff then you did'nt have all that trouble.

If you have time, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong in trying to remove the audio files? I'm using your gui wrapper, click on one of the ring tones, ex: blues 12 bar.mid, click on "Delete", and they dissappear. Then, when I build the ROM and flash it, they're back!!!! WhatamIdoinwronghere?
  16.    #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    Okay I will have to try the 3rd ROM update....but has everything been fixed on there? I noticed some comments about items not working right (ex. Notes)?
    Yeah. The third ROM works, but there are some issues with it. If you don't need active sync, Exchange, or (I guess) notes, then it's probably better.

I did actually overclock the CPU and that has definitely helped....has been less frequent in idling it seems but it happened to me yesterday.
    I've gotta say, what do you expect from a 2 year old device running an OS that recommends something like double the reqs of WM5?

As for the bluetooth, I don't have to re-pair each time, but I do have to power cycle the bluetooth sometimes....this afternoon I didn't have to do that, but I did this morning....It has been weird with no real consistency to it.
    If that's all then that doesn't sound like a big deal.

I did notice that WM6 turns off things (like bluetooth) if your battery gets too low. So that might be why if you're running down your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    I have some coworkers that understand Russian so I may be able to get that converted if i get a copy...
    Google Language seems to be working OK for me.

Thanks for all your effort. If you're going thru half the trouble I'm going thru, you are a man of endurance. I kinda figured with you being an expert and all that stuff then you did'nt have all that trouble.
    Hah! I'm probably going through 3 times the trouble you are. After all, you haven't bricked your device yet....

If you have time, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong in trying to remove the audio files? I'm using your gui wrapper, click on one of the ring tones, ex: blues 12 bar.mid, click on "Delete", and they dissappear. Then, when I build the ROM and flash it, they're back!!!! WhatamIdoinwronghere?
    I'm not sure. Try re-dumping the ROM after deleting and see if it REALLY got deleted. (Make sure you delete the old dump, it'll prompt you, but if you're editing a file or something Windows won't let you delete it.)
    Great Stuff!

Flashing to T2 from WM5 1.14, so looking forward to lots of goodies to mess around with. Thanks for all the work!!!!

If I get braver I may try playing with T3

Joel
    Loaded test 2 on to my treo 700wx sprint 1.15. I have played with several things and the only clear problem I have noticed is my blue tooth indicator is on active all the time but when I tap it to check the control is still unchecked. I check turn on blue tooth and it does not stay checked. Attempts to link to my jawbone are now unsuccessful. So, in other words, blue tooth is not currently working on my phone. In wireless manager bluetooth no longer shows up either. If I discover more I let you know. I do though appreciate all your work. JDM
    I am in love with testing 2. My bluetooth GPS works great. I love the typing search in outlook. This one feature is worth upgrading for me.
  20.    #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmoser View Post
    Loaded test 2 on to my treo 700wx sprint 1.15.
    Are you using WM5 or WM6? This is unclear to me from your post.

If you're using WM5, it should be no different than stock.

If you're using the WM6 Testing 2, then that contains the 6.1 bluetooth drivers, which are basically the best drivers availible at the moment.