Page 30 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 2070
  1. #581  
    I never had a problem with pdanet before. also, my phone is being very sluggish now. I type faster than it can think, messaging takes awhile to load, and I'm on pie right now at work and I think when I get home i'll try the non-verizonized version. *sigh* I really hope it'll work and speed this thing back up. I'm going to order a 700wx asap, and then use this 700w as a test phone, or give it away, whatever.
  2. #582  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    I never had a problem with pdanet before. also, my phone is being very sluggish now. I type faster than it can think, messaging takes awhile to load, and I'm on pie right now at work and I think when I get home i'll try the non-verizonized version. *sigh* I really hope it'll work and speed this thing back up. I'm going to order a 700wx asap, and then use this 700w as a test phone, or give it away, whatever.
    I don't think that the w has enough memory to handle WM6. That could be the cause of your slowdown. If I recall correctly, the W and the WX have different storage capacities.
  3. #583  
    Everything I've tried on Testing 2 works flawlessly. The only thing I've noticed is BT dropout with my Treo headset but I've always had that.

    I've not tried ICS yet but I have no problems with PDANet that I know of.

    Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  4. #584  
    Where can I get the testing 2 rom?
  5. #585  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Where can I get the testing 2 rom?

    here

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=474
  6.    #586  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Where can I get the testing 2 rom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Holy crap! I realized I totally forgot to post the link to my new ROM...

    http://www.4shared.com/file/53277889...Testing_3.html

    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/30/2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Fixed link
  7. #587  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Holy crap! I realized I totally forgot to post the link to my new ROM...

    http://www.4shared.com/file/53277889...Testing_3.html

    wanna give us a low down on whats changed?
  8. #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I don't think that the w has enough memory to handle WM6. That could be the cause of your slowdown. If I recall correctly, the W and the WX have different storage capacities.
    The difference is 32MB and 64Mb, and I know it's not capable of WM6, which is why I'm not running the WM6 ROM...
  9. #589  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    The difference is 32MB and 64Mb, and I know it's not capable of WM6, which is why I'm not running the WM6 ROM...
    All of the ROMS are built with a 64MB ROM partition though. I am not sure if the w only has a 32MB ROM partition, but that may be your problem.
  10. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #590  
    Ebag, I can also confirm that 8gig SDHC cards work with the "Testing 2" ROM.

    I haven't done much testing with BT yet, but I'm hoping to later this week. I'll be sure to report my findings
  11. #591  
    I have been meaning to share some feedback....but your post definitely gave me the motivation. First off, thanks again for all of your hard work.

    Now in terms of Testing Rom 2, I have had a few simple bugs. For the most part it has worked flawlessly. I do get bogged down at times...meaning I click on a screen and it feels like it has locked up. If I wait long enough it usually catches up. The area that this has happened a few times to me has been when I click start and select Programs.....going in and out of those folders seems to cause the phone to screetch to a halt....atleast in my case. The other issue I have had has been in regards to bluetooth. My car (Landrover) has integrated bluetooth for hands free calling. The first couple of times it would always find my car and work immediately. The past few times getting in my car, I have to power off and then power back on the bluetooth to get it to pair and work. Kind of annoying to say the least. That's it for now....looking forward to seeing what else I can report back. let me know if you have any questions.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Wow, it's been so long since I posted a new ROM.

    http://www.4shared.com/file/53277889...Testing_3.html

    Well, I've ported a LOT of files from WM6.1 back to the WM6.0 ROM. Too many to count, so I'll just hit on a few highlights. I'm sure I'm going to forget stuff, so watch this list for the next couple days as I remember things.

    • Power Point and One Note Mobile are gone. I'll post the files at a later point.
    • PIE Browser DLL's have been updated to a seemingly better version. Sprint recently rolled out EVDO, so I can only do limited 1X testing, but it doesn't seem to choke as bad on full sites. Not that it still doesn't choke... EVDO users should basically get the full sites as fast (if not faster) than you did in WM5 with 1X. Mobile sites fly.
    • Updated some files that SIGNIFICANTLY decreased the loading time after a hard/soft reset. You may not notice it the very first hard/soft reset. I don't think my Testing 2 ROM was TOO effected by this, but you should still see an improvement.
    • WARNING: I got some error/warning messages with ActiveSync. It *APPEARS* to be working properly, but you never know....



    I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.


    Folks, I'm begging you, there have been 57 downloads of my Testing 2 ROM to date, and very little feedback. Even if everything works perfectly for you, I need to know that! Please take 5 minutes and post here with what you've tested, including device info, software, etc.

    I'm especially interested in bluetooth compatability/support/handling, SDHC support (I've only have one confirmed 8 gig SDHC card, and ZERO other reports!!!), PIE handling/support....basically anything and everything. I don't use every single function/device/etc, so I rely on you guys for feedback on what I don't use.

    If I don't start getting feedback, I will discontinue posting my testing ROM's publicly and limit them to a small beta group. This means that it will take a LOT longer to see a release. I don't want to do that, and you can help me by providing feedback on what works (and especially what doesn't). It will also greatly speed up the process of me being able to release new ROM's, and we all want that.....right?
  12. #592  
    Mk. I installed take 2 and it is WAY faster. Is there a fix for PIE, I use it quite a bit...
  13. #593  
    The Notes application does not work in testing 3. It doesn't even work when I browse to the note file in file explorer and click on it.
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    wanna give us a low down on whats changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    wanna give us a low down on whats changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    • Power Point and One Note Mobile are gone. I'll post the files at a later point.
    • PIE Browser DLL's have been updated to a seemingly better version. Sprint recently rolled out EVDO, so I can only do limited 1X testing, but it doesn't seem to choke as bad on full sites. Not that it still doesn't choke... EVDO users should basically get the full sites as fast (if not faster) than you did in WM5 with 1X. Mobile sites fly.
    • Updated some files that SIGNIFICANTLY decreased the loading time after a hard/soft reset. You may not notice it the very first hard/soft reset. I don't think my Testing 2 ROM was TOO effected by this, but you should still see an improvement.
    • WARNING: I got some error/warning messages with ActiveSync. It *APPEARS* to be working properly, but you never know....



    I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
    I can give you a rough idea...basically what I posted before. The problem is a lot of the files I changed...I have no frackin' idea of what they do.

    I have a ROUGH guide, but it's all in Russian.



    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    The difference is 32MB and 64Mb, and I know it's not capable of WM6, which is why I'm not running the WM6 ROM...
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    All of the ROMS are built with a 64MB ROM partition though. I am not sure if the w only has a 32MB ROM partition, but that may be your problem.
    You could try the WM6 ROM. I don't *THINK* it'd hurt anything (and you should be able to reflash anyway). I honestly don't think it'd work though.

    And the 700w has 32 megs of RAM not ROM. BIG difference.

    They both have 128 megs of storage space (64 megs for ROM, 64 megs free for user).

    That makes me wonder though....other devices have adjusted the partitions. I wonder if that's possible on the 700wx....


    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    Ebag, I can also confirm that 8gig SDHC cards work with the "Testing 2" ROM.

    I haven't done much testing with BT yet, but I'm hoping to later this week. I'll be sure to report my findings
    Thank you! This is exactly the feedback I'm looking for!

    Please let me know the results of your BT tests, especially compred to stock WM5.


    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    Now in terms of Testing Rom 2, I have had a few simple bugs. For the most part it has worked flawlessly. I do get bogged down at times...meaning I click on a screen and it feels like it has locked up. If I wait long enough it usually catches up. The area that this has happened a few times to me has been when I click start and select Programs.....going in and out of those folders seems to cause the phone to screetch to a halt....atleast in my case.
    Try the Testing 3 ROM. It should be significantly better with this.

    Also nab the xCPUScalar (or similar). It makes a world of difference with WM6.


    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    The other issue I have had has been in regards to bluetooth. My car (Landrover) has integrated bluetooth for hands free calling. The first couple of times it would always find my car and work immediately. The past few times getting in my car, I have to power off and then power back on the bluetooth to get it to pair and work. Kind of annoying to say the least. That's it for now....looking forward to seeing what else I can report back. let me know if you have any questions.
    Are you having to re-pair every time? You shouldn't need to. At least with my GPS puck, in WM5 I had to re-pair (and soft reset) every single time the device or the puck was shut off. Now with WM6 I haven't had to re-pair once (though I haven't used it super-extensively due to constantly reflashing).

    Oooooh, I see the problem. You own a Landrover. If you owned a Land Cruiser, all your problems would go away.

    /me pets his two Land Cruisers


    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    Mk. I installed take 2 and it is WAY faster. Is there a fix for PIE, I use it quite a bit...
    I posted the how to fix Take 2 (right below the link). I should really remove the Take 2 ROM link.....

    I seriously do recommend you go with the Final WM5 ROM. Take 1 and 2 are rather....rough....
  15. #595  
    Also, Activesync is broken. At least the setup is. When I try and setup my exchange server, it won't let me get past the final screen. The softkeys are wrong. I think the correct softkeys popup when you click the advanced button, and it gets stuck there too.
  16.    #596  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    The Notes application does not work in testing 3. It doesn't even work when I browse to the note file in file explorer and click on it.
    Thanks. I think I know which file caused that....

    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Also, Activesync is broken. At least the setup is. When I try and setup my exchange server, it won't let me get past the final screen. The softkeys are wrong. I think the correct softkeys popup when you click the advanced button, and it gets stuck there too.
    I don't have an exchange e-mail address (at least not one setup for WM), so kinda hard for me to test.

    Which softkeys are you referring to?

    Did you have any problems with the Testing 2 ROM?
  17. #597  
    I didn't try Take 2. I will when I get home. I really need activesync, so I will send you my login settings in a PM.
  18.    #598  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I didn't try Take 2. I will when I get home. I really need activesync, so I will send you my login settings in a PM.
    Thanks.

    If either the Testing 2 (not Take 2, that's WM5 ) or original Verizon WM6 ROM worked, then that gives me a starting point.

    It's very likely I broke it in the last round of backporting, but there's a big difference between searching through 1500+ files to find the one I broke, and 30-50 files.
  19. #599  
    And another problem. When I try to install something by clicking a cab file, I get the this is not a valid pocketpc application error.
  20. dowish's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #600  
    I am also having active sync problems with the test 3 rom. I am also getting an error about the .cab not being a valid ppc application when i try to install google maps. On the plus side, browsing mobile sites seem even faster than test 2, however browsing full size is still slow with occasional freezes.

    I can't help with the SD card testing as I only have a 2GB SD card. When i get home, i can test BT.

    BTW, I've got a Sprint 700wx.

Posting Permissions