Page 3 of 104 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I've tried integrating the 750's threaded SMS, and it doesn't really function the way it does when it's installed seperately. It appears to me that when installed seperately all you're really doing is using the 750's tmail.exe, basically overlaying the threaded functionality over the existing one (so it's still the 700's actually messaging, just you see it in threaded form if that makes any sense).

With it in the ROM, that functionality is gone, so it doesn't work right. It's also extremely laggy and slow, not sure why, it's not a system resource issue. I suspect it's either the 705's messaging stuff screwing up (IE: looking for a file it's missing over and over again) or some of the registry stuff is goofing it up.
    Bit of update on this.

As I mentioned before, I noticed that the phone was incredibly laggy/slow, while a trimmed ROM (same changes except the 750 messaging stuff) was incredibly quick compared to a stock ROM. Additionally a fully charged battery would drain in under 6 hours (I don't know how fast it drained, just that my phone was dead by the time my alarm was set to go off).

My guess is it's doing one of two things:

1) Looking for new messages, or something, using the radio lots which drains the battery.

2) Running and not able to find the right files (such as messaging.exe, which is missing from the 750 files that have been posted), so it either keeps running or breaks and immediatly goes back to look for it.

I think the 2nd is more likely.

Anyway, on to something new and fresh!

Here's the initflashfiles.dat that goes with the Treo. It's not in the ROM, so standard disclaimers apply. That being said, it works for me.

Note that this version I've slightly modified by commenting out the stuff I didn't want (mostly stuff removed in the trimmed ROM I posted above).

By adding this to the ROM, you can move around differnet files, so if something has to reside say in \Program Files\PROGRAM\ you can put it into the ROM, then move it out of the \Windows\ dir and into the \PROGRAM\ dir. Well...I guess it's technically a copy since it'll still reside in ROM....but you get the idea.

Anyway, on to the code.

Code:
    ;
    ; Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
    ;
    ;
    ; Use of this source code is subject to the terms of the Microsoft end-user
    ; license agreement (EULA) under which you licensed this SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
    ; If you did not accept the terms of the EULA, you are not authorized to use
    ; this source code. For a copy of the EULA, please see the LICENSE.RTF on your
    ; install media.
    ;

;
    ;
    ;
    ; install media.
    ;

; @CESYSGEN IF WCESHELLFE_MODULES_EXPLORER || SHELL_MODULES_EXPLORER
    ; @CESYSGEN IF IE_MODULES_IESAMPLE
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ; install media.
    ;

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_HTTPD
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_HTTPD

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_P2P
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_P2P

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_UPNPSVC
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_UPNPSVC

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_IGD
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_IGD

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_GENERICUCP
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_GENERICUCP

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_REMOTEADMIN
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_REMOTEADMIN

; @CESYSGEN IF SERVERS_MODULES_PCFILTER
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF SERVERS_MODULES_PCFILTER
    ;
    ;
    ;
    ; install media.
    ;

; @CESYSGEN IF DIRECTX_MODULES_IESAMPLE
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF

; @CESYSGEN IF DIRECTX_MODULES_CEPLAYER
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF

; @CESYSGEN IF DIRECTX_MODULES_DVDSAMPLE
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF

; @CESYSGEN IF DIRECTX_MODULES_MEDIARENDERER
    ; @CESYSGEN ENDIF DIRECTX_MODULES_MEDIARENDERER
    root:-Directory("My Documents")
    root:-Directory("Program Files")
    Directory("My Documents"):-Directory("My Pictures")

:Directory("\My Documents\My Pictures"):-File("Waterfall.jpg","\Windows\Waterfall.jpg")
    :Directory("\My Documents\My Pictures"):-File("Flower.jpg","\Windows\Flower.jpg")

Directory("My Documents"):-PermDir("Templates")

Directory("Program Files"):-Directory("Connections")

Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Help")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Fonts")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Programs")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("StartUp")
    Directory("\Windows"):-PermDir("Start Menu")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Temporary Internet Files")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("AppButtons")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Favorites")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("Rings")
    Directory("\Windows"):-Directory("AppMgr")

Directory("\Windows"):-PermDir("System")
    Directory("\Windows\System"):-PermDir("ConfigMgr")

Directory("\Windows\System"):-PermDir("DumpFiles")
    Directory("\Windows\System"):-PermDir("CabQueue")

; Start Menu contents

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-PermDir("Programs")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-PermDir("Settings")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Help.lnk","\Windows\help.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Search.lnk","\Windows\search.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Phone.lnk","\Windows\cprog.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Tasks.lnk","\Windows\tasks.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Modem Link.lnk","\Windows\ATCIUI.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("ActiveSync.lnk","\Windows\sync.lnk")

Directory("\"):-File("Print Screen.lnk","\Windows\prtscrn.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Calendar.lnk","\Windows\calendar.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Contacts.lnk","\Windows\addrbook.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Internet Explorer.lnk","\Windows\pie.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Messaging.lnk","\Windows\tmail.lnk")
    ; turn off the OLD inbox later
    ; put the OLD inbox to the program floder (temporary)

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Notes.lnk","\Windows\notetake.lnk")
    ;Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Record.lnk","\Windows\voice.lnk")

;Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File(0409_WORLDCLOCKLNK,"\Windows\clock.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Office"):-File("Word Mobile.lnk","\Windows\pword.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Office"):-File("PowerPoint Mobile.lnk","\Windows\ppt.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Office"):-File("Excel Mobile.lnk","\Windows\pxl.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Pictures & Videos.lnk","\Windows\pimg.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Download Agent.lnk","\Windows\dlagent.lnk")

; This link represents the SIM Toolkit application -- it should NOT be localized
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Sim Toolkit.lnk","\Windows\SimTkUI.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Calculator.lnk","\Windows\calc.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("File Explorer.lnk","\Windows\fexplore.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-Directory("Games")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Solitaire.lnk","\Windows\solitare.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("icon.lnk","\Windows\gamesico.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games"):-File("Bubble Breaker.lnk","\Windows\BubbleBreaker.lnk")

; App Button default links
    Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Calendar.lnk","\Windows\calendar.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Contacts.lnk","\Windows\addrbook.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Tasks.lnk","\Windows\tasks.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\AppButtons"):-File("Record.lnk","\Windows\voice.lnk")

; Startup Folder
    Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("coldinit.lnk","\Windows\coldinit.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("bugtrap.lnk","\Windows\bugtrap.lnk");
    Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("poutlook.lnk","\Windows\poutlook.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("Welcome.lnk","\Windows\welcome.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Terminal Services Client.lnk", "\Windows\mstsc.lnk")

Directory("Program Files"):-Directory("Windows Media Player")
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu"):-File("Windows Media.lnk","\Windows\WindowsMedia.lnk")
    Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Portrait).skn","\Windows\portrait.lnk")
    Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Landscape).skn","\Windows\landscape.lnk")
    Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Default(Square).skn","\Windows\square.lnk")
    Directory("\Program Files\Windows Media Player"):-File("Welcome To Windows Media.wma","\Windows\wm_start.lnk")

; Help .LNK files

Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("ActiveSync.lnk","\Windows\h_sync.lnk")

; Transcriber available for USA, FRA & GER
    Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Transcriber.lnk","\Windows\Transcriber.lnk")

Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Blank Note.pwi","\Windows\blank.pwi")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Meeting Notes.pwi","\Windows\meeting.pwi")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Memo.pwi","\Windows\memo.pwi")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Phone Memo.pwi","\Windows\phone.pwi")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Sample Note.pwi","\Windows\sample.pwi")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("To Do.pwi","\Windows\todo.pwi")

Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Blank Document.dot","\Windows\blank.dot")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Meeting Notes.dot","\Windows\meeting.dot")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Memo.dot","\Windows\memo.dot")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Phone Memo.dot","\Windows\phone.dot")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("0409_SAMPLE_DOT","\Windows\sample.dot")
    Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("To Do.dot","\Windows\todo.dot")

:Directory("\My Documents\Templates"):-File("Vehicle Mileage Log.xlt","\Windows\VehicleML.xlt")

Directory("My Documents"):-Directory("Personal")
    Directory("My Documents"):-Directory("Business")
    Directory("My Documents"):-Directory("My Music")

Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("voice command.lnk","\Windows\voicecommand.lnk")
    Directory("\Windows\Help"):-File("Voice Command.lnk","\Windows\h_voicecommand.lnk")

; Add link to Sounds and Notifications
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Sounds.lnk","\Windows\Sounds.lnk")

; Add Camera link.
    ; 9/1/05: Removed to support cameraless devices. See InstallCameraShortcut.cpp in BootApp
    ; Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Camera.lnk","\Windows\Camera.lnk")

; Add link to QuickTour
    :Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Quick Tour.lnk","\Windows\Quick Tour.lnk")

; Add link to USBSwitch
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("UsbSwitch.lnk","\Windows\UsbSwitch.lnk")

:Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("PDF Viewer.lnk","\Windows\Picsel.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Wireless Sync.lnk","\Windows\WirelessSync.lnk")

Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Downloads.lnk","\Windows\Downloads.lnk")

;START SPCS DEVICES
    ;Following links need to be created for SPCS devices
    :Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("My Treo.lnk","\Windows\MyTreo.lnk")
    ; Mobile link icon
    Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Modem Link.lnk","\Windows\ATCIUI.lnk")
    ; Add link to GetGood
    :Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("Get Good.lnk","\Windows\GetGood.lnk")

:Directory("\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"):-File("On Demand.lnk","\Windows\OnDemand.lnk")
    :Directory("\Program Files"):-Directory("Picsel"):-Directory("File Viewer")
    :Directory("\Program Files\Picsel"):-Directory("File Viewer")
    ;END SPCS EDVICES

;We want the Indigo theme to be the default theme after a hard-reset. 
    ;Originally in the jam file there were the two files, stwater.gif and tdywater.gif. When you
    ;switch to another theme, windows couldn't delete the these files because they were in ROM.
    ;Instead, we added Indigio_*.gif in the jam file and copy these two files
    ;to the \windows directory as stwater.gid and tdywater.gid (so that deletion can succeed).
    ;TODO: The problem with this solution is that this fix assumes that the default theme is
    ;Indigo. Also, this solution works only when we do a hard-reset, for soft-reset
    ;cases (possibly after an image update), this solution won't work. We need to remove the following 
    ;lines and do this conditionally in bootapp only if the theme is set to Indigo. 
    Directory("\Windows"):-File("tdywater.gif","\Windows\Indigo_tdywater.gif")
    Directory("\Windows"):-File("stwater.gif","\Windows\Indigo_stwater.gif")

And if anyone's concerned with the safety of this (as far as Sprint phones are concerned...plus I make no guarantees regardless) here's a copy of my flash log (DC.log). Note that I actually at one point deleted this log, IIRC it had approx 12-15 flashes in it. The times are funny because sometimes I've re-flashed my phone without ever turning the radio on, so those 2006 dates are based on the clock that hasn't been updated, though they're all in order, so you can still get an idea of how many times I've flashed.

No serious problems flashing yet, either. Anyone with a (Sprint) phone that's worried about this, I personally believe that the worst that might happen is you have to do a hard reset and start from scratch. (Insert standard disclaimers here.)

Please post your results if you've tried flashing, and any suggestions/comments/questions.

Code:
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:47 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 01:18:27 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 01:24:12 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:45 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 3 2008 11:35:40 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:26 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:52 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:03:19 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:07:58 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 4 2008 10:56:24 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 4 2008 14:37:48 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:01 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:01 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:22 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:03:09 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:15 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:46 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:27:42 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:04:02 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:04:41 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:15:27 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 4 2008 22:46:50 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 5 2008 07:42:11 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:46:34 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 5 2008 19:02:34 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 5 2008 19:18:13 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:29:12 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:34 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:03:08 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:03:55 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:24 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:38 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:09:00 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:35 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:02:41 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:00:56 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 7 2008 23:16:32 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:23 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 8 2008 02:53:29 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 8 2008 21:48:15 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 10 2008 13:02:17 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 10 2008 13:06:53 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 10 2008 13:12:14 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 10 2008 14:24:38 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:09 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    FEB 8 2006 00:01:11 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 11 2008 12:01:13 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    MAY 11 2008 13:19:36 : AutorunPath: \Storage Card\2577\
    Last edited by Ebag333; 05/11/2008 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not yet. Still waiting for a vict....er...volunteer.

I have a 700wx that is possibly bricked. It comes on and stays at the white Treo screen. If we can recover it from there I'm willing to load whatever you want on it. It was my old company phone.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by sumerboard View Post
    I have a 700wx that is possibly bricked. It comes on and stays at the white Treo screen. If we can recover it from there I'm willing to load whatever you want on it. It was my old company phone.
    Sprint or Verizon? (Assuming it's Verizon here. )

Feel free to try either the default ROM or my trimmed one.

If it's a Verizon phone, then make sure you delete the firmware as recommended (first post I believe).

Some of your phone settings may not work since some stuff might be configured for Sprint, instead of Verizon. But if the phone account isn't active, not sure how to test for that.

Hmm, that gets me thinking. We might need a Verizon "package" to reset some registry settings and whatnot back to Verizon defaults. Also I need to replace the splash screen when turning on/off the radio as it says Sprint....
  4.    #44  
    A little update here.

First off, I updated my first post with an extra step for a really-truely-honest-it-works-this-time clean flash.

Seems if you just do a hard reset, then let WM load, not everything gets cleared. And flashing simply upgrades what you have currently, so if it's not stock (it's been modified), it won't touch it.

The solution (or at least one that's worked for me, YMMV) is to do a hard reset and before the bootloader kicks in (that is before you see the bar scrolling across the screen, at the Treo splash screen) pull the battery, and then continue with the flash as normal.

I had to do this exactly in this order to get everything to work. Darth Pooh did not however....

Additionally you may have to do a soft/hard reset after the flash to get everything working properly. Since MortScript gets registered after cDate tries to run, you're going to have to do a soft reset anyway to get that working. (That's in my custom ROM, see below.)

I've just about completed my custom ROM. Here's a list of the changes.

Removed:
    MSN Instant Messanger
    Picsel File/PDF Viewer
    Pocket MSN
    Software Store
    OD
    Various help files (pretty much all the ones I could get my hands on)
    Various wav/wma files (several you couldn't even use)

Added/Replaced:
    MortScript (and cDate script, changes your carrier name into a date line)
    PIEPlus 2.2 (Unregistered)
    PocketXpdf (replaces Picsel PDF viewer)
    psShutXP
    regedit (freebie version)
    Sprite Backup
    Ubuntu style wait cursor
    Various popular registry tweaks found on the board
    Start Menu\Programs has been cleaned up and streamlined (many programs are in subdirectories)
    Radio On/Off sounds are replaced (reduces size from approx 256kb to approx 13kb)
    Misc other things I forgot

Darth Pooh (as mentioned above) has tested a beta version of this with only one issue (which I've resolved).

As always no guarantees and I've only tested this on Sprint.

I'm not *QUITE* done with it yet (almost). When I'm finished I'll upload it. That is.....if anyone's interested in it.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 05/13/2008 at 12:15 PM.
    Great stuff!

I hacked the heck out of my ROM on the 650, and I look forwrad to doing the same here.

Of course, by the time I get it all figured out it will be time to move on...

My phone is starting to shows signs of age - small cracks in the case, etc.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Great stuff!

I hacked the heck out of my ROM on the 650, and I look forwrad to doing the same here.

Of course, by the time I get it all figured out it will be time to move on...

My phone is starting to shows signs of age - small cracks in the case, etc.
    I did a lot with my 650 as well. Thought I'd bricked it more than once.

I plan on adoptingthe 800w once I'm sure it's stable and there are no major issues. The 700wx will be going to the Mrs though, so it's not a total loss.

Plus, in theory, this development should speed up custom ROM's for the 800w. Hopefully (*crosses fingers*) Sprint uses the same format for the 800w ROM. Of course we'll still need to wait for a ROM update, which could be a year after the release....
    @ Ebag

I have a Verizon ROM from my phone. I dumped using grab_it. I can send you a dumb.bin, imgfs files, or the ROM dump. Let me know what you want and I'll send it to you.
    Ebag,

Very much looking forward to your new Custom ROM. I've already flashed using the one you posted earlier and it worked just fine, as far as I can tell. And as soon as you get the new one up I'll flash it quick as I can.

I would encourage you though, if there is any way to replace Pocket Outlook with the WM6 Pocket Outlook that would be great. And, of course, please keep working on the threaded SMS incorporation into the custom ROM as well.

Keep up the good work, you've got a lot of 700wx users sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to see where this goes.
    Ebag,

I'm very interested to know if your custom rom fixes the freeze issue when connected via BT DUN. can you test this? basically it happens when there is a lot of data being transferred, such as downloading attachments. it happens using PDANet, USB Modem, or straight DUN, all when connected via BT. When connected via USB, the problem doesn't happen. The problem is well reported in this forum.

thanks!
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    @ Ebag

I have a Verizon ROM from my phone. I dumped using grab_it. I can send you a dumb.bin, imgfs files, or the ROM dump. Let me know what you want and I'll send it to you.
    Feel free to send over what you have to my e-mail (ebagola [at] gmail <dot> com). I would especially like to get my hands on the Verizon HKLM and HKCU registry branches to see if there's anything different there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    I would encourage you though, if there is any way to replace Pocket Outlook with the WM6 Pocket Outlook that would be great. And, of course, please keep working on the threaded SMS incorporation into the custom ROM as well.
    That's the plan. I *JUST* got the 750 reg dump (finally!) so I hopefully can start making some headway on it.

Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    I'm very interested to know if your custom rom fixes the freeze issue when connected via BT DUN. can you test this?
    I don't use BT DUN (when you have a Redfly, BT DUN seems somewhat redundant ) but if you have Sprint feel free to try flashing the stripped ROM I posted above, and see if it works any better for you.

I will say this as far as speed of the device goes (in general). With a stock ROM I used XCPUScaler to speed up the device and make it feel 'snappy' in day to day use. With the trimmed (or my custom) the speed feels about the same (or even faster) as with XCPUScaler at 520. I loaded XCPUScaler after flashing to the latest version, bumped it up to 520...and didn't notice a difference. While I'm sure it'll make a difference for CPU hungry applications, for regular use it's no longer required for me. Darth Pooh as well mentioned that the device felt far snappier.
    Not only does the rom feel snappier, with the same amount of applications (if not more) I have less lag. It's almost if I have a completely different device at times. It's no PALM OS snappy... but then again, PALM OS doesn't do half of the things WM does good. So, take that for what it's worth.
    is there a way to save my current rom image before trying your custom rom? i'm on sprint 1.14 and don't want to upgrade to the latest 1.15 if i don't have to.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    is there a way to save my current rom image before trying your custom rom? i'm on sprint 1.14 and don't want to upgrade to the latest 1.15 if i don't have to.
    Not without a ROM of 1.14, which AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $doesn$'$t$ $exist$.
  14.    #54  
    ROM posted!

Check second post for link.

There is one small "bug" in it. Mortscript launches every time (should only launch first time, then remove itself). You can either remove reg_Mortscript.lnk from the startup or just hit OK on the message that pops up. It's not a big deal to me since it only comes up after a soft/hard reset, so I just hit OK.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 05/13/2008 at 12:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    i keep getting a rom not found error once i get to the part where is ask if i want to flash the rom. i'm trying a alltel treo but i WANT it to be sprint after the flash is that possible?
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Rahl View Post
    i keep getting a rom not found error once i get to the part where is ask if i want to flash the rom. i'm trying a alltel treo but i WANT it to be sprint after the flash is that possible?
    No idea, you'll be in untested waters.

What step is it failing on (follow the steps in the first post)? Which ROM are you using? Need more info and more details.

Also, make sure you format your card first into FAT32 format. FAT, FAT16, NTFS, or RAW formats won't work.
    Okay I am trying to cook a ROM, but can't figure out how to get a .nb0 file. Can I get some help with that? Thanks.
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Okay I am trying to cook a ROM, but can't figure out how to get a .nb0 file. Can I get some help with that? Thanks.
    If you read post 1 (to get the default Sprint ROM) or post 2 (to get one of my custom ones) you'll see where to get them from.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 05/13/2008 at 09:42 PM.
    Custom ROM - Take 1 works great!

So far so good, ebagg333. I'm quite impressed. I like the way you organized the Programs.

One thing, the PIE+ expires in 2 weeks, and costs $15. Is there a way to just downgrade back to PIE? If not, I can figure something out. After all, this is Your ROM, not mine. Thanks for sharing it with the community.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    One thing, the PIE+ expires in 2 weeks, and costs $15. Is there a way to just downgrade back to PIE?
    Actually it's always expired for me after the first soft reset.

Anyway, once it expires it goes back to the normal PIE, but it still adds a couple of features (in the normal menu) that are useful. I really would recommend dropping the $15, and purchasing it. It's a top notch program that seriously improves your browsing experience, even if you don't use the tabs.