Page 29 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 2070
  1. #561  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    ahh after more reading i realized i need a serrial cable for my unit i have ordered it and its on its way.

    after im done ill post up a read me on how to clone your treo, reason i am doing this is because i ditched my treo for a more reliable PDA. (was having major software issues with WM5.0 and my carrier refused to release patches)

    but now that i have wm6.0 on this device and it has solved all my previous issues i really miss my treo
    You don't need serial cable!!
    so lets say you got the serial cable, then what will you do? edit the $SYS.ESN file?
    My mtty method doesn't need serial cable, only sd card and usb cable
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  2. #562  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    You don't need serial cable!!
    so lets say you got the serial cable, then what will you do? edit the $SYS.ESN file?
    My mtty method doesn't need serial cable, only sd card and usb cable
    then please link me to instructions because every where im reading says to use QPST and using a serial cable.

    id like to clone this before Monday as i am taking a trip and only want to carry one device.
  3. #563  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    ahh after more reading i realized i need a serrial cable for my unit i have ordered it and its on its way.

    after im done ill post up a read me on how to clone your treo, reason i am doing this is because i ditched my treo for a more reliable PDA. (was having major software issues with WM5.0 and my carrier refused to release patches)

    but now that i have wm6.0 on this device and it has solved all my previous issues i really miss my treo


    Is the idea behind this that if you have two PDA type devices, that both will work when cloned (I have a spare VZW 6700 sitting around)? Should they both be ringing & data'ing when its cloned?
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by dxl007 View Post
    OK so here is one that I have not seen addressed in this post. I have a 700WX on verizon, and got all the way through the flash were the progress bar finished and the phone was supposed to restart. Well it turned off and will not turn back on. Any ideas?
    Going to need more information that that. Need to know exactly what you did, what you flashed it with, etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    OK, I think I finally understand the initflashfiles.dat. Or, at least I think I finally understand the concept. What I need to know is what program you use to edit it? I tried Wordpad, but it opens in a really strange font, every single letter is spaced, ex: " ; \ S t a r t \ P r o g r a m s \ ", and also the font is really wierd, hard to read.

    Am I doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon.Epps View Post
    No use a hex editor. http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/...itor-free.html
    is a good one.

    Just edit it in the big space. Not the decimals on the right.
    Why would you...just....NO!

    First of all, using Wordpad to edit a simple text file is like using Word to edit an HTML page. Every time you do it a kitten dies.

    Secondly, no hex editor is needed.

    I personally recommend TextPad. It's a solid free text editing program.

    If you don't want to download that, just use Notepad.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Also, ebag, when I remove alerts or ringtones from the ROM they still show up as options in settings, but the files do not exist. I know I'm doing something wrong there. Can you help, please?
    Which settings are you referring to?




    And in other news I'm back from my fishin' trip, I'll be working on backporting more stuff today.

    What I need is a couple of people who are willing to flash (most likely broken) ROM's onto their phones then report what functionality is broken. There's too much stuff out there for me to reliably test, and I don't want to release a ROM into the wild only to have it missing something crucial (like the current WM6 ROM I'm using where you can't reply/create text messages). Have a couple people who can help me with that would greatly speed up the process. Contact me via AIM or gTalk if you're interested.


    Fishing was very slow (I only caught about 7 fish), but I did land me a very nice 2 lb 15.5" bass and a ~1 lb 13" bass, both of which I kept since they both swallowed the hook. Got some very nice fillet's off the big mamma. Yummy.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/29/2008 at 07:47 AM.
  5. #565  
    @ Ebag

    I dont know your email but I will test for you with an Alltel treo 700wx.

    Gtalk - barrowbl at gmail dot com
  6. #566  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The one that I notice (that irrritates me) is the automatic using numbers in numeric fields. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other tweaks missing.

    I think i misread this the other day. If your on the desktop & start typing a name does the contact pop up?

    I cant think of where it uses automatic numbers (calculator maybe)? Where else is this an issue?

    So if thats the one thing missing, what is the actual palm "special sauce" thats missing?

    It sounds like this has it all?
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I think i misread this the other day. If your on the desktop & start typing a name does the contact pop up?

    I cant think of where it uses automatic numbers (calculator maybe)? Where else is this an issue?

    So if thats the one thing missing, what is the actual palm "special sauce" thats missing?

    It sounds like this has it all?
    It's not the today plugin for contacts.

    A good example is when you set your phone to lock (where you need a PIN to unlock it, not keyguard). The PIN is just that, a Personal Identification Number. Letters are not allowed in the creation of a PIN.

    In WM5, when you hit the red phone button to turn your phone on, you can simply hit the number keys to enter your pin. In WM6 you have to hit the alt key twice (once to activate it, once to lock it) or hold it down while entering the numbers.

    It's simply an extra keypress (or two), unless your PIN is just all 0's....

    Like I said, that's the only thing I have noticed that's missing. It may have not been compatible moving forward, or Verizon may have simply screwed it up. If I had to bet, it'd be on the latter rather than the former.
  8. #568  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's not the today plugin for contacts.

    A good example is when you set your phone to lock (where you need a PIN to unlock it, not keyguard). The PIN is just that, a Personal Identification Number. Letters are not allowed in the creation of a PIN.

    In WM5, when you hit the red phone button to turn your phone on, you can simply hit the number keys to enter your pin. In WM6 you have to hit the alt key twice (once to activate it, once to lock it) or hold it down while entering the numbers.

    It's simply an extra keypress (or two), unless your PIN is just all 0's....

    Like I said, that's the only thing I have noticed that's missing. It may have not been compatible moving forward, or Verizon may have simply screwed it up. If I had to bet, it'd be on the latter rather than the former.
    Ebag, you are damn thorough! I noticed this also, but just thought it was a change with WM6. A little bit of a pain, but not enough to flash back to WM5.
  9. #569  
    Ahh, so with no pin, I wouldnt notice a difference.

    Do you prefer the stripped WM6 rom or the full WM6 rom with the processor overclocking software?
  10.    #570  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Do you prefer the stripped WM6 rom or the full WM6 rom with the processor overclocking software?
    Me? Neither. I prefer my build-of-the-moment (tm) of course.

    Seriously though, I prefer my full. Though with the room I freed up by deleting One Note Mobile and PowerPoint (over two and a half megs!!!) I noticed a significant difference in how quick the device ran (sans the CPU scalar). Hopefully I don't eat up all of those savings by integrating the WM6.1 stuff (which uses up a LOT of room).....

    I'm doing my best to find a happy medium between speed and functionality.
  11. #571  
    Currently installing Landon's VZW ROM on my VZ 700w.... I feel giddy like a school girl.
  12.    #572  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    Currently installing Landon's VZW ROM on my VZ 700w.... I feel giddy like a school girl.
    My full ROM final is superior, although not Verizonized.
  13. #573  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    My full ROM final is superior, although not Verizonized.
    Haha, I'm sure it is. This one works just fine, except, every time I soft reset, I get an "ERROR: This device is not supported by this update," or something to that effect. And I get a MortScript notice. Anyway to stop this?
  14.    #574  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    This one works just fine, except, every time I soft reset, I get an "ERROR: This device is not supported by this update," or something to that effect.
    Take the ROM (and ROM related proggies) off your SD card, or at least move them out of the root dir.


    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    And I get a MortScript notice. Anyway to stop this?
    Fixed in the final ROM. But for this ROM, check your \Windows\Startup\ dir and delete the mortscript link in there. REG_Mortscript I think, or some such.
  15.    #575  
    Wow, it's been so long since I posted a new ROM.

    http://www.4shared.com/file/53277889...Testing_3.html

    Well, I've ported a LOT of files from WM6.1 back to the WM6.0 ROM. Too many to count, so I'll just hit on a few highlights. I'm sure I'm going to forget stuff, so watch this list for the next couple days as I remember things.

    • Power Point and One Note Mobile are gone. I'll post the files at a later point.
    • PIE Browser DLL's have been updated to a seemingly better version. Sprint recently rolled out EVDO, so I can only do limited 1X testing, but it doesn't seem to choke as bad on full sites. Not that it still doesn't choke... EVDO users should basically get the full sites as fast (if not faster) than you did in WM5 with 1X. Mobile sites fly.
    • Updated some files that SIGNIFICANTLY decreased the loading time after a hard/soft reset. You may not notice it the very first hard/soft reset. I don't think my Testing 2 ROM was TOO effected by this, but you should still see an improvement.
    • WARNING: I got some error/warning messages with ActiveSync. It *APPEARS* to be working properly, but you never know....



    I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.


    Folks, I'm begging you, there have been 57 downloads of my Testing 2 ROM to date, and very little feedback. Even if everything works perfectly for you, I need to know that! Please take 5 minutes and post here with what you've tested, including device info, software, etc.

    I'm especially interested in bluetooth compatability/support/handling, SDHC support (I've only have one confirmed 8 gig SDHC card, and ZERO other reports!!!), PIE handling/support....basically anything and everything. I don't use every single function/device/etc, so I rely on you guys for feedback on what I don't use.

    If I don't start getting feedback, I will discontinue posting my testing ROM's publicly and limit them to a small beta group. This means that it will take a LOT longer to see a release. I don't want to do that, and you can help me by providing feedback on what works (and especially what doesn't). It will also greatly speed up the process of me being able to release new ROM's, and we all want that.....right?
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/30/2008 at 10:44 AM.
  16. #576  
    I would totally help you if I could. I'm going to buy a 700wx as soon as I get paid (I've been on a leave of absence because of a broken hand), and then I'll definitely post feedback on the 6.0 ROM... If I get the balls to try it on a VZ 700wx...

    So far, Landon's VZ version of your ROM has worked out for me great. It doesn't like when I used PdaNet to connect my laptop to the internet, it freezes up, and then after I soft reset, I can't use the hard keys or soft keys at all and I have to do a hard reset. I'm currently trying to figure out if that's an activesync problem, or a pdanet problem.
  17. #577  
    I finally got around to messing with WM6 for my wx and I just want to thank Ebag and everyone involved. I never thought I would see WM6 on my 700wx(even though I hardly use it these days, lol) but you guys made it happen. Keep up the good work!
  18. mixman's Avatar
    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    #578  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I'm especially interested in bluetooth compatability/support/handling, SDHC support (I've only have one confirmed 8 gig SDHC card, and ZERO other reports!!!), PIE handling/support....basically anything and everything. I don't use every single function/device/etc, so I rely on you guys for feedback on what I don't use.
    )
    VZW 700wx using Testing 2 ROM for about 5 days. BT does activate VC remotely, but as reported elsewhere, the Treo does not allow VC over BT. Pairing of a Jabra headset was fast and effortless. I've got a 4GB SDHC card and am having no problems with that either. Haven't played much with PIE yet (but your included Internet Sharing program for tethering works quite well). The only thing I've noticed strange so far (and this might be a WM6 thing) is that I can't send a text message directly from a contact. That is, start typing a name on the Today Screen, select the name, then select "send text message". It will work if you request "send e-mail", but select "send text" routes me to messaging but no new message comes up. Note: I haven't gotten around yet to changing over to Threaded, which is what I used to run on WM5.

    Thanks again for all your hours and hard work on this.
    Yes, that is my boat.
  19. #579  
    Quick mention.....

    You talked about trying to compress the files on the phone and test them out to see if they break by having to burn them into the phone.

    Since files installed into the user accessable ROM generally take presidence over the hard coded ROM files couldn't you just copy the IPXed files into the directories and try them out on your phone before trying to burn them?

    Could save ALOT of time....

    When I get done with these computers and have them stable and have the website stable I am willing to help test the stability of your ROMS but that looks like a 2 week project at this point. Maybe atleast once my laptop and desktops are stable I can help test the ROM... Although I want to document the WM5 ROM before moving onto the WM6 ROM...
  20.    #580  
    Quote Originally Posted by fiktion View Post
    It doesn't like when I used PdaNet to connect my laptop to the internet, it freezes up, and then after I soft reset, I can't use the hard keys or soft keys at all and I have to do a hard reset. I'm currently trying to figure out if that's an activesync problem, or a pdanet problem.
    Hmm. Try nabbing my initial stripped WM5 ROM. It's not Verizonized (with the splash screens) but it doesn't have any added functionality that might conflict with PDANet.

    I did always have issues with PDANet back when I used it. Of course now I have a Redfly so my laptop's retired (haven't touched it in months).

    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    BT does activate VC remotely, but as reported elsewhere, the Treo does not allow VC over BT. Pairing of a Jabra headset was fast and effortless. I've got a 4GB SDHC card and am having no problems with that either. Haven't played much with PIE yet (but your included Internet Sharing program for tethering works quite well).
    All this should pretty much be the same in the latest version, but this is exactly the feedback I"m looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    The only thing I've noticed strange so far (and this might be a WM6 thing) is that I can't send a text message directly from a contact. That is, start typing a name on the Today Screen, select the name, then select "send text message". It will work if you request "send e-mail", but select "send text" routes me to messaging but no new message comes up.
    You know, I noticed this on another WM6 device I was messing around with (Mogul?). I wonder if this is a Palm tweak, or if it's caused by Verizon's funky hybridization. Unfortunatly my latest ROM does not have the 6.1 SMS stuff backported yet, thanks to it being incredibly complex and intertwined.

    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Since files installed into the user accessable ROM generally take presidence over the hard coded ROM files couldn't you just copy the IPXed files into the directories and try them out on your phone before trying to burn them?
    Currently I'm simply trying to see which DLL's and EXE's will function on the device, but the method used is basically the same.

    The problem is that they don't function the same when simply copied over as when in ROM. Take the Palm Threaded Messaging stuff on WM5. When copied over, it works fine. When in ROM, it eats your battery life, doesn't work right, and chokes the device. Clearly something different is going on, depite (seemingly) having the same setup for both.

    Copying the files over provides me a quick way of testing them, but I still end up having to flash and reflash my phone. And heaven help me if something breaks, then I have to figure out which of the ~10 DLL's I modified actually broke it.

Posting Permissions