Page 28 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
  1.    #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    So when will the next rom be out? Tonight maybe?
    Don't hold your breath on a release sooner than sometime next week. I'll *TRY* and post one sometime today, but we're leaving to go camping for the weekend, so unless things go amazingly well I doubt I'll have one that I consider stable enough for release.

For some reason I don't think you guys want ROM that won't connect to the network or can't see the SD card....

Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx View Post
    Ebag, I just wanted to say "thanks" for all your hard work. The latest WM6 ROM you released has breathed new life into my 700wx and I'm pretty sure it's going replace my 755p for the time being.
    You're "weblcome".

Anything I can do to convert another P user....
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 06/27/2008 at 04:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The last ROM I posted (buried a couple of pages back) has the 6.1 Bluetooth drivers in it. Might be worth a try, they seem to be much more stable.

Internet Sharing.

It's designed for it, and the carriers (Sprint, Verizon, et all) shouldn't be able to detect when it's in use.
    How do you find out what driver version the bluetooth is using? do a properties on the ??.DLL file? thanks
    Can anyone tell me whats new in 6.1 Bluetooth? Support LAN Access profile??

---
    Do I have to install Activesync to use Internet Sharing on the wm6 rom? It seems to ask me for a driver:

The 700wx says: "check usb cable connection",

Windows Device Manager says: "generic rndis" 045e:0303
    ---
    Is there any way to make a dual BT GPS + Wifi adapter
    Last edited by kocoman; 06/27/2008 at 02:16 PM.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    WM6.0 Trimmed rom working here with TomTom mobile 7 and Palm BT GPS adapter.
  4.    #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    How do you find out what driver version the bluetooth is using? do a properties on the ??.DLL file?
    I know because of diffing different rom's.

Can anyone tell me whats new in 6.1 Bluetooth? Support LAN Access profile??
    Not sure. I know it's *WAY* more stable and functional with the devices I've used.

Do I have to install Activesync to use Internet Sharing on the wm6 rom? It seems to ask me for a driver:

The 700wx says: "check usb cable connection",

Windows Device Manager says: "generic rndis" 045e:0303
    I haven't tried Internet Sharing with USB. You probably have to have Activesync going before you can use it though.
    Ebag333: would putting the wm6 threaded sms app be as easy as tossing in the files in the rom kitchen and building and flashing? or are their registry entered that have to be added as well?
    Iíve come to the conclusion that I want to learn how to customize my own. Iíve managed to make a few changes and re-flash the phone with minimal success. The files are gone, but a link in the program files still appears to be there. Is this controlled somewhere in the registry or elsewhere? Also, how would on go about modifying the registry. Sorry for all the question, but the tools lack formal documentation (for obvious reasons)...

Thanks!
  7.    #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonLAN View Post
    The files are gone, but a link in the program files still appears to be there. Is this controlled somewhere in the registry or elsewhere?
    initflashfiles.dat

Also, how would on go about modifying the registry.
    *.provxml

Sorry for all the question, but the tools lack formal documentation (for obvious reasons)...
    Ah, but these have been documented. At least a dozen times over in this thread alone. More if you look at XDA Devs, PPC Geeks, and other forums.
    does any one know how to get the 700wx into diagnostic mode. im trying to clone esn. once im successful ill post how too.
    OK so here is one that I have not seen addressed in this post. I have a 700WX on verizon, and got all the way through the flash were the progress bar finished and the phone was supposed to restart. Well it turned off and will not turn back on. Any ideas?
    OK, I think I finally understand the initflashfiles.dat. Or, at least I think I finally understand the concept. What I need to know is what program you use to edit it? I tried Wordpad, but it opens in a really strange font, every single letter is spaced, ex: " ; \ S t a r t \ P r o g r a m s \ ", and also the font is really wierd, hard to read.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, ebag, when I remove alerts or ringtones from the ROM they still show up as options in settings, but the files do not exist. I know I'm doing something wrong there. Can you help, please?

And, just to add, your work here is greatly appreciated. Don't forget that in the midst of the 1001 questions we're asking.
    Any thought on how I bricked my phone?
    Just a quick thing, I did not see this answered (maybe I missed it) but doing a Sprite Backup, hard reset, and a restore will fix the EVDO problems.
    Hello Ebag333,

I really have very little business here. I do not even know what flashing your ROM means. I have google sending me emails whenever it finds something new about treo 700wx because I have one and want to know about any new events or breakthroughs. Your note can up today saying that you can upgrade a treo 700wx to WM6. I downloaded it and have no idea what to do with a .nb0 file. I have downloaded hannip's hack for blue stereo, bot this ROM flash is below my understanding. Could you please explain how to flash my ROM? I would really like WM6 because I believe bluetooth connect will be better.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    OK, I think I finally understand the initflashfiles.dat. Or, at least I think I finally understand the concept. What I need to know is what program you use to edit it? I tried Wordpad, but it opens in a really strange font, every single letter is spaced, ex: " ; \ S t a r t \ P r o g r a m s \ ", and also the font is really wierd, hard to read.

Am I doing something wrong?
    No use a hex editor. http://www.hhdsoftware.com/Products/...itor-free.html
    is a good one.

Just edit it in the big space. Not the decimals on the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by npcmoses139 View Post
    Hello Ebag333,

I really have very little business here. I do not even know what flashing your ROM means. I have google sending me emails whenever it finds something new about treo 700wx because I have one and want to know about any new events or breakthroughs. Your note can up today saying that you can upgrade a treo 700wx to WM6. I downloaded it and have no idea what to do with a .nb0 file. I have downloaded hannip's hack for blue stereo, bot this ROM flash is below my understanding. Could you please explain how to flash my ROM? I would really like WM6 because I believe bluetooth connect will be better.

Thank you.
    Look at the first post in this thread. It tells you exactly what you need to do.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by npcmoses139 View Post
    Hello Ebag333,

Thank you.
    Let me explain. Here is a simple how-to.
    First you need an SD card I recommend at leas 1 gig but I don't know the exact size.

Plug it into your computer > open My Computer > Right click on the SD card > and click format. Do a quick format to FAT32 (call it whatever you want)

Now put the nb0 file on the card and put it into your Treo.

Take out the battery from the Treo and hold in the volume up button. Put the battery back in (while still holding the volume up) and it should ask you to flash. (You can let go now)

Plug your phone in to charge and hit the up button.

Wait for it to finish and you have WM6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    when I remove alerts or ringtones from the ROM they still show up as options in settings, but the files do not exist. I know I'm doing something wrong there.
    Technically you aren't but what you did was when the phone was first turned on a bunch of run-once files (such as PROVXML files [search google]) were executed moving or adding those ringtones to lists. This happens with all ringtones, themes, and other files stored in the rom, but have to be moved other places or added to settings. The trick is to find out which one and I cant help you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    does any one know how to get the 700wx into diagnostic mode. im trying to clone esn. once im successful ill post how too.
    It is done already, see mobile files dot com thread on the 700p with mtty

you just use cdmaupdater.exe, save the NV, use mtty, then erase the nv, edit the NV with new esn, then flash back with cdmaupdater.exe
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Wellll, it would appear that editing initflashfiles.dat using Wordpad doesn't work. I tried it before getting an answer from Landon, and after flashing my treo just locked up. So, I replaced it with the original ebag one and it works normal again. or, at least mostly normal......

There must be an undercover file hidden somewhere in the ROM, which looks like a ringtone or a game or something innocent, but actually controls whether or not the Treo is able to run cab files. And I, in my quest to strip my ROM of all games, and most ringers, must have deleted it. Any chance one of you super sleuth treo detectives might know which of these innocent looking little files is really a "cab installer driver" in disquise?

Basically I removed all games, ie: solitaire, sudoku, etc as well as their .lnk files, and quite a number of midi and wav files and now I cannot run .cab files. Thank God for Sprite Backup .exe backups. I was able to restore to one of those and now have all my proggies back.

Ideas anyone?
    It is done already, see mobile files dot com thread on the 700p with mtty

you just use cdmaupdater.exe, save the NV, use mtty, then erase the nv, edit the NV with new esn, then flash back with cdmaupdater.exe
    ahh after more reading i realized i need a serrial cable for my unit i have ordered it and its on its way.

after im done ill post up a read me on how to clone your treo, reason i am doing this is because i ditched my treo for a more reliable PDA. (was having major software issues with WM5.0 and my carrier refused to release patches)

but now that i have wm6.0 on this device and it has solved all my previous issues i really miss my treo