Page 27 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Cool.

I don't suppose you could release both a striped and a standard version this time? But the stripped go ahead and include the "OS 6.1" upgrades just not all the other stuff? That seems like the best way to go.
    I was hoping for the same but Ebag informed me that it would defeat the purpose of a 'stripped' ROM and I can see his point so I wouldn't hold my breath... ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by fleiscpj View Post
    Again please read the entire thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=361
    I think there is some confusion as to which procedure to follow as far as sprint or verizon roms go; or any other carrier (Alltel) for that matter. The quoted post tells nothing of what to do if someone wanted to flash the verizon rom. Where is the firmware.bin file? how do i delete it? i cant get the rom to load in the kitchen; so, sorry if this question is redundant but i certiantly dont want to brick the thing if i can help it.
    I am using the Alltel ROM that Nightraven posted over at XDA and it runs nice. no EVDO issues whatsoever. since he posted diffrent roms for verizon and alltel, and since Ebagg posted verizon and sprint... i would assume that there is a difference between them. im just not sure exactly what to do to get the right rom on the right phone
    Hi guys just wanted to give everyone a big thank you!

I'm using the WM6 test 2 rom atm and couldn't be happier. I cant wait to see the next release.

I wanted to add this rom is a strange beast. I am running Tomtom 7 and its really strange the route search and menus are a little slower than WM5 but the moving map is smoother in WM6 than 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike74055 View Post
    Hi guys just wanted to give everyone a big thank you!

I'm using the WM6 test 2 rom atm and couldn't be happier. I cant wait to see the next release.

I wanted to add this rom is a strange beast. I am running Tomtom 7 and its really strange the route search and menus are a little slower than WM5 but the moving map is smoother in WM6 than 5.
    Tom Tom 7?? I feel... Behind...

*grabs his Tom Tom 6 and runs away crying*
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Tom Tom 7?? I feel... Behind...

*grabs his Tom Tom 6 and runs away crying*
    Ripped from the latest Diamond Rom. From what I hear, it's only good things about it. I personally never installed TOMTOM because using a GPS puck results in a few seconds delay, I hate that. With the 800w, I am hoping for good things...
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    Where is the firmware.bin file? how do i delete it? i cant get the rom to load in the kitchen
    Read the first post. If you grab the flash stuff, you can't miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by barrowbl View Post
    since he posted diffrent roms for verizon and alltel, and since Ebagg posted verizon and sprint... i would assume that there is a difference between them. im just not sure exactly what to do to get the right rom on the right phone
    Just in what's in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike74055 View Post
    I wanted to add this rom is a strange beast.
    Heh, you should see it from my perspective.

Update on the latest ROM:

I'm still working on backporting files. It's going slow, so don't hold your breath. Seems ever other flash I do ends with the phone not being able to see the SD card. Not sure why.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/27/2008 at 12:07 AM.
    ok i took the plunge. thanks again Ebag! i am now running WM6-slim in the 700wx sprint. i have a verizon download icon and verizon is my homepage? lol that was funny seeing that.it runs very well. the bluetooth seems to dropout a bit tho. 2 or 3 times today (iflashed it last night) it dropped out totally shutoff BT. weird.other than that im lovin it.
    So for USB based connection, is "Internet sharing" better or "Modem Link/USBModem"?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  9.    #529  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    the bluetooth seems to dropout a bit tho. 2 or 3 times today (iflashed it last night) it dropped out totally shutoff BT. weird.other than that im lovin it.
    The last ROM I posted (buried a couple of pages back) has the 6.1 Bluetooth drivers in it. Might be worth a try, they seem to be much more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    So for USB based connection, is "Internet sharing" better or "Modem Link/USBModem"?
    Internet Sharing.

It's designed for it, and the carriers (Sprint, Verizon, et all) shouldn't be able to detect when it's in use.
    Here is a good question.

Id like to clone my ESN and # information from my current PDA to my treo so i can use the treo as my cell when on trips so i do not have to carry two. i dont want a new # for it i just want to use my existing # on it. any way for us to clone info to the treo or would that be located in a different dump?
    That would be great info to find. It would be much easier to try other phones.
    Ebag333: Is ICS not included on your trimmed rom? im just looking for the basic WM 6.0 install with ICS so i can use it for my TomTom and share connections with my laptop.
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Here is a good question.

Id like to clone my ESN and # information from my current PDA to my treo so i can use the treo as my cell when on trips so i do not have to carry two. i dont want a new # for it i just want to use my existing # on it. any way for us to clone info to the treo or would that be located in a different dump?
    Not really. You can call Sprint and they'll provision your new phone for you to switch. Takes about half an hour to do. But you can't have two phones with the same number.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Ebag333: Is ICS not included on your trimmed rom? im just looking for the basic WM 6.0 install with ICS so i can use it for my TomTom and share connections with my laptop.
    No.

To reiterate...

NO upgrades or files have been added to the trimmed ROM. It is the stock 1.24 Verizon ROM that has extra unneeded stuff removed from it.

I may go back and revisit that, but it won't be until after I finish my full ROM. I simply don't have time to do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not really. You can call Sprint and they'll provision your new phone for you to switch. Takes about half an hour to do. But you can't have two phones with the same number.
    I understand that but i was looking to clone my # and esn from an existing activated phone. that way my carrier would be none the wiser to what pda i have powered up at the time. and that way i can use both because i use them both for different things. it sucks carrying 2 devices.
    like oit ad as of right now this treo is a virgin never activated before. so i figured if it was possible to clone this would be the device to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    ok i took the plunge. thanks again Ebag! i am now running WM6-slim in the 700wx sprint. i have a verizon download icon and verizon is my homepage? lol that was funny seeing that.it runs very well. the bluetooth seems to dropout a bit tho. 2 or 3 times today (iflashed it last night) it dropped out totally shutoff BT. weird.other than that im lovin it.
    Yeah, I switched back to the factory Sprint WM5 .rom because I was having Bluetooth connection issues with the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom. I’m really not interested in the “Full” WM6 .rom because it has too many customizations and applications that I would never use. Ideally, I want a .rom that’s as close to “factory” as possible; I can always install programs as needed. Furthermore, the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom seems to be a concoction of a Sprint and Verizon WM6 dump. It has Sprint splash screens with Verizon PIE settings and Programs. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of it.

In an effort to customize my own .rom, I’ve downloaded the “Kitchen” and “GUI Wrapper”. Unfortunately, during the dump phase, I receive several error messages:

AppName: recmod.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: recmod.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001ba2

^^Is this normal?

The dump phase appears to complete, but when I compare the .rom information to the original, it says they are different...

Update:
    I tried dumping the .rom using a different computer (fresh install of Windows XP) and received the same errors.
    Last edited by OregonLAN; 06/27/2008 at 11:46 AM.
  17. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonLAN View Post
    Yeah, I switched back to the factory Sprint WM5 .rom because I was having Bluetooth connection issues with the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom. I’m really not interested in the “Full” WM6 .rom because it has too many customizations and applications that I would never use. Ideally, I want a .rom that’s as close to “factory” as possible; I can always install programs as needed. Furthermore, the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom seems to be a concoction of a Sprint and Verizon WM6 dump. It has Sprint splash screens with Verizon PIE settings and Programs. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of it.
    I'd suggest trying the full ROM before dismissing it if you haven't already. You might be pleasantly surprised.

The customizations are really bringing a lot of value to the ROM... to me, I feel like each one is an upgrade to an existing component.

Of course, I am a slave to the generous work of others. If I wanted it 'my way' I'd do what you are doing and learn it myself.
  18.    #538  
    Yeah, I switched back to the factory Sprint WM5 .rom because I was having Bluetooth connection issues with the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom.
    Try the Testing 2 full ROM. It has *MUCH* better Bluetooth driver support (6.1 drivers rather than 6.0/5.0 combo).

I’m really not interested in the “Full” WM6 .rom because it has too many customizations and applications that I would never use. Ideally, I want a .rom that’s as close to “factory” as possible; I can always install programs as needed.
    The Full ROM doesn't really have *THAT* many applications added. It's mostly existing applications exposed and some small ones added to add functionality where it's missing (reg edit, etc). It does have customizations, but virtually all of those are geared towards making the device run better.

Furthermore, the “Trimmed” WM6 .rom seems to be a concoction of a Sprint and Verizon WM6 dump. It has Sprint splash screens with Verizon PIE settings and Programs. Honestly, I’m not sure what to think of it.
    The only thing Sprint about it is the splash screens. Everything else you can blame on Verizon.

Unfortunately, during the dump phase, I receive several error messages:

AppName: recmod.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: recmod.exe
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001ba2
    That's a known error. It happens on one PC I use, but not the other.

This is why I don't recommend editing the dump dir directly and trying to build it from the dump.

I get 3 of them currently, with WM5 I only got 2. Not sure which files it's barfing on.

Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    The customizations are really bringing a lot of value to the ROM... to me, I feel like each one is an upgrade to an existing component.
    That's probably because in many cases it *IS* an upgrade to an existing component. Like going from a 5/6 hybrid bluetooth driver to 6.1. Or using the SDHC drivers (yay for support for--confirmed--8 gig SDHC cards).

Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    Of course, I am a slave to the generous work of others.
    So you're my slave now? Then why am I doing all this work?
    So when will the next rom be out? Tonight maybe?
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Ebag, I just wanted to say "thanks" for all your hard work. The latest WM6 ROM you released has breathed new life into my 700wx and I'm pretty sure it's going replace my 755p for the time being.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by spiVeyx; 06/27/2008 at 01:30 PM.