Page 26 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    The regedit program, is that the full rom, or the trimmed rom?
  2.    #502  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    The regedit program, is that the full rom, or the trimmed rom?
    Full of course. I've added no programs to the trimmed one.
    Ahh, ok....
    Will the full rom slow me down any? I have the trimmed I believe, and the speed is outstanding!
  4.    #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawmangrant View Post
    Ahh, ok....
    Will the full rom slow me down any? I have the trimmed I believe, and the speed is outstanding!
    Full is a bit slower, but has better support. SDHC, PIE 6.1, Bluetooth....hopefully soon Internet Sharing and other things.

It's not that much slower, but unfortunatly it is noticable. Slap in a CPU Scalar, and it's not even really noticable.
    Ok, I've read the whole thread, including the blasting for asking repeated questions, so I ask this with trepidation.

I'm right near an edge of Sprint service, I get it at home and around town but wandering too far from the highway causes the Treo to roam on Verizon. Am I reading correct that this is a problem when returning back to Sprint? With the remedy being the MSL procedure, every time?

Apologies if this has been said, I'm still a bit confused.
    Pete
    PeteEMT, I data roam all the time on 0verizo, switching 20 times a day or more between roam, 1x and EC: never had an issue with any of these ROMs.

Just don't mess with the network settings (no need anyways) and u should be fine. U can switch to the OpenDNS servers with no problem eitther.
    I just noticed the full ROM has no pdf viewer. Is that right, or am I just not finding it?

Also, I put in XCPU Scalar and at 512mhz this thing is pretty snappy.
    Question. Ive read the instructs a few times and the sprint flasher says you must have a blank sd card format it etc. Must i use an empty card or can i use my everday card and just rename the 2577 folder after the flash? it also says not to use a micro or mini? whats the difference if its in an adapter?
  9. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    Question. Ive read the instructs a few times and the sprint flasher says you must have a blank sd card format it etc. Must i use an empty card or can i use my everday card and just rename the 2577 folder after the flash? it also says not to use a micro or mini? whats the difference if its in an adapter?
    Not suggesting you follow my lead... but... I have used a non-blank SD card without a problem. Need to make sure it is formatted FAT32. If I only had a micro or mini with adapter I doubt it would hold me back, but what do I know?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT View Post
    Ok, I've read the whole thread, including the blasting for asking repeated questions, so I ask this with trepidation.

I'm right near an edge of Sprint service, I get it at home and around town but wandering too far from the highway causes the Treo to roam on Verizon. Am I reading correct that this is a problem when returning back to Sprint? With the remedy being the MSL procedure, every time?

Apologies if this has been said, I'm still a bit confused.
    you can edit your PRL so that it is forced onto a specific EVDO network. I am with Telus and I am able to force it to use Bell. you just have to edit the channel number ACQ section.

--

does anyone know how to get this "Perfect Bluetooth Manager for WM5/WM6" to work on Treo? I can't connect my Picoblue Bluetooth LAN Access Profile to it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...etooth+manager

C+P description
    hi y'all, developers like me, who upgraded from WM2/WM3 to WM5/WM6, i know they surely miss the Bluetooth Manager, which is in WM2 & WM3, it's always been a full-fledged tool for everything, like creating BT Headset connection, BT Dial up network, BT File Transfer shortcut etc. It also tells you the speed of all active incoming & outgoing bluetooth connections. While in WM5/WM6, there are only few basic features of switching off/on bluetooth and changing its visibility.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  11.    #511  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I just noticed the full ROM has no pdf viewer. Is that right, or am I just not finding it?
    Nope. It had Picsel viewer in the ROM, but that's a horrible horrible program. *GREAT* concept. Just large, laggy, slow, and...well....you get the idea.

There are better options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    I don't think an adapter would make a difference. But it could. It adds an element of danger (if you will) to flashing.

Just go pick up a 1 gig SD card for like $20. It's cheap insurance.

/me edits

Oh, I use my regular SD card for this. I did have to format it though, but it wasn't too horrible to copy every thing off, format, copy back.

Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    does anyone know how to get this "Perfect Bluetooth Manager for WM5/WM6" to work on Treo? I can't connect my Picoblue Bluetooth LAN Access Profile to it.
    I haven't tried it yet. I'll play with it some. It looks very slick.

As far as the ROM goes, I've gotten Internet Sharing to work. It's a BIT picky on the order in which you do things, but it seems to work flawlessly.

I'm also working on porting over the 6.1 files to this ROM. I have ~160 files left I haven't ported back yet, extremely time consuming to port over a few files at a time, flash, try it out, see if it breaks, etc...

If I have a functioning ROM I'll post it tonight. No promises as it's broken 4 out of 5 flashes.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/26/2008 at 12:31 AM.
    As this post gets longer and longer it gets easy to get lost in the posts...

My project is coming along slow and I should be able to add content this weekend if anyone is willing to help me start putting it up. I had a couple people contact me here but I haven't really gotten the system up and fully running yet. I will post the web site when it is available but I plan to hopefully pull all the useful files and put them online and slowly pull the information from here and put it into a Wiki. My intention is to provide a central location for anyone wanting to make custom roms. I just happen to have a Treo 700wx so I am most interested in this one. But I hope to include all phones and such as well...

Once up and running and getting the content added I am looking to take projects such as Ebags and go one step further. But without people like Ebag doing the work he has done my project would fall on its face. I am currently working 70 hours a week and I lost a computer to a corrupted drive, another to a hardware failure. So I am ending up getting 4 computers up and running this week as well as this web site and a few other projects... It is kind of exciting to see the progress here and I can't wait to get going with the new ROM on my phone.. But I will likely start out trying to Document the WM5.0 ROM as well as I can before moving to these newer ones...

Just wondering when the official ROM comes out if it will be different then the one you have now.. Might have some of the tweaks already in by the time it comes out...

Due to isssues with work I am also starting the path to advances M$ certifications in computers, networking and possibly programming so this could end up being a fun project..

Think for the best Flexibility though Ebag it would be nice to see your Trimmed ROM then have cabs or something simular to add to the ROMS so that individuals can add what options they want to the ROMS...
    I am guessing as you figure out the PIE and other simular issues it would be nice to have a trimmed ROM with NO PIE installed then have the choice available for the 6.0 or the 6.1 PIE... Etc... That way people can pick and choose what they want and what best works for them...

Eventually I hope to start an 0pen source program that will make incorporating such things easy.. If anyone has used Nlite for the PC it does simular things when Slipstreaming XP... That is the sort of thing I envision for these ROMS.. Basically a step further but requires work done by people like Ebag to make it work.

As to the web site I am setting up... It has ALOT of flexibility, I have LOTS of storage space on it (300gb is a lot for just a regular web site...) I am quite willing to modify or setup things to make such things easy to deal with. Hopefully when I start adding content we can get it setup to make this stuff easy to get ahold of and see the latest versions without having to search through pages of forums.

Sorry if I mentioned this here already.. I have been very busy lately and it seems there are another 3-4 pages on here each time I log on.. Nice to see the progress...
    the palmone wifi card does not seem to work
    Is there any way to port the WM 6.1 rom from the 750 to the 700 series?
    With all this talk about the verizon rom. Whats the latest at this point? Is anyone with a Verizon WX having any issues at all?

It sounds like the only downside to 6.0 is that you lose the auto fill of the contacts (start to type a name on the desktop)

Is the new newer Verizon 6.0 rom a beta from VZW?

Is the 6.0 rom much slower than the stock 5.0 rom ? Im playing with a 6700 (@400mhz) & boy is it slower than the Treo (300+mhz). What a difference tweaks make.

We have 5.0 Slim
    6.0 Slim
    6.0 full?

Thanks,

Rich
    I have a 700wx. I have had no additional trouble with the new roms. They are overall better then the 5.0 Rom. I still have not been able to get internet sharing through bluetooth to work and I'm not sure what further steps to take. No mater what I do still the device still does not show up as having the service avalaible. But I digress, that is an added feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    With all this talk about the verizon rom. Whats the latest at this point? Is anyone with a Verizon WX having any issues at all?
    Again please read the entire thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=361
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    I am working on porting the 6.1 from the 750 right now. It requires extracting the XIP portion of the rom and using it to modify the 750 rom. However, this has been very difficult. The WM6 rom I received from verizon is very messy. Several partitions in the ROM overlap each other. This is why I have been unable to extract the XIP. I am beginning to think the only way to get it out is using a hex editor. If anyone else has been able to get this out, let me know. I have not yet tried pulling the XIP from the stock WM5 rom, but that may not prove to be compatible.
  19.    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    the palmone wifi card does not seem to work

Hmm. Wanna buy me one so I can see if I can get it to work?

Not sure why it wouldn't be working though. What exactly seems to be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I am working on porting the 6.1 from the 750 right now.
    I love it when people use two different methods to do essentially the same thing. Keep up the good work NightRaven.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    I still have not been able to get internet sharing through bluetooth to work and I'm not sure what further steps to take. No mater what I do still the device still does not show up as having the service avalaible. But I digress, that is an added feature.
    This will be working in the next ROM I release.

But here's how I do it, and it works. (Except for maybe the last step for you.)

1) Make sure you've done a soft reset after flashing. For some reason it won't work the first time after a flash or hard reset. It doesn't seem to have any problems regardless of how many soft resets you do, so it's just that first one.

2) Setup Bluetooth on your computer (but don't connect yet).

3) Setup Bluetooth on your Treo (on, and visible).

4) Make sure you're disconnected from the data (Vision) network on your phone (Tip: Connection manager easily allows you to disconnect. Very slick.)

5) Run Internet Sharing.

6) Make sure that the settings are Bluetooth PAN and Power Vision.

7) Hit connect. Verify that it connects automatically. If it throws an error, you probably didn't do step 1. You can either try a soft reset, or force a connection by launching PIE (to open a data connection) and then hitting connect in Internet Sharing. Very occasionally Internet Sharing won't connect automatically.

8) Only *NOW* can you connect with Bluetooth to your phone. Start the search wizard, choose "Network Connection". Make sure you search for all devices. Choose the Treo. (If you try before Internet Sharing is connected, Network Connection isn't availible.)

9) Follow prompts to connect, pair, etc.

10) Make sure you have an IP on 192.X.X.X. If you have a 168.X.X.X then a setting is broken.

There you go. 10 easy steps to get it to work. Prior to me fixing it (thanks to Kelly ) I would complete steps 1-9, and then in step 10 get the 168.X.X.X IP. Now I get the 192.X.X.X, and can surf through my phone.
    Cool.

I don't suppose you could release both a striped and a standard version this time? But the stripped go ahead and include the "OS 6.1" upgrades just not all the other stuff? That seems like the best way to go.