Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
    However this bluetooth is better. The modem portion works better then it used to so don't give up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Okay, so who am I to say I'm going to release then crush all your hopes and dreams?

http://www.4shared.com/file/52650491...Testing_2.html

Mostly the same as before really. It's a bit cleaned up, and (I hope) the shortcut for Internet Sharing is fixed. I'm sure that there are other changes I just can't think of....

I say "I hope" because I haven't actually tried it yet...

Internet Sharing *SHOULD* be completely working now. At least, all the pieces are in place. I've gotten my PC to connect to it and it seems to work, but I don't have another device to connect to try the sharing, and I can't get the Vision connection to work. It should, I suspect the reg key settings need to be tweaked.

The new bluetooth drivers are wonderful. My external GPS works beautifully, where as with WM5 is was a pain in the arse to deal with. I was constantly repairing, uninstalling, soft resetting, etc. With these, you hook it up and go, no need to worry about it.

This version is 1,235,037 bytes below the Verizon default, so no need to worry about it running horribly slow like when I had it a meg over.
    Worked flawlessly this time. Didn't have to fix the ##DATA# information....thanks again for all of your work. I for one definitely appreciate it.
    I have created the Telus Radio on and off bitmap for anyone who is interested.
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Ebags: Bluetooth Pan still doesn't work. It connects to the broadband on the phone and appears to be "ready" but it is still not a discoverable device on either of my 3 bluetooth stacks. (toshiba, widcomm and logitech)
    Not sure on yours, but mine connected just fine. I setup my desktop to connect to a network, had to change it to "all devices" (wanted to just look for network devices), and connected it up to my Treo. Got an IP and everything.

If you're using the latest version, that's all that's been done with Bluetooth. Nothing is left. Now we may look into tweaking the settings for Network Sharing, but that's a different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    Worked flawlessly this time. Didn't have to fix the ##DATA# information....thanks again for all of your work. I for one definitely appreciate it.
    I still wouldn't recommend going into the network settings under phone.
    Hmm I wonder if restoring my backups is the problem then. I'll try pairing before restoring the backup and see if that helps.
    Ok, so I tried a hard reset. I could connect to the internet on the phone but the internet sharing window kept saying it could not connect for an unknown reason. I tried restoring my backup without bluetooth registry settings and that worked. I could find the device, and pair and connect. But could not connect to the internet. I could still connect to the internet on the treo but the computer could not find valid IP addresses and was only TXing, NO RX packets. Ideas?
  7.    #487  
    I could find the device, and pair and connect. But could not connect to the internet. I could still connect to the internet on the treo but the computer could not find valid IP addresses and was only TXing, NO RX packets. Ideas?
    Internet Sharing is really (as I understand it) designed to share a wifi connection, not really your phone's internet connection.

However, I believe that we can get that working by playing with the registry settings. I simply haven't had time to do so.

These are the default Internet Sharing registry keys.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Parms]
       "IpEnableRouter"=dword:1
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnectionSharing\Driver]
       "Dll"="ipnat.dll"
       "Prefix"="NAT"
       "Index"=dword:0
       "Flags"=dword:2 ; Use LoadLibrary
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\ConnectionSharing]
       "EnablePacketFiltering"=dword:1
       "EnableAddressTranslation"=dword:1
       "EnableDhcpAllocator"=dword:1
       "EnableDnsProxy"=dword:1
       "DisabledOnBoot"=dword:1
       "SetLastDhcpAddrToIEH"=dword:1
       "PrivateInterface"=""
       "PublicInterface"=""
       "IpEnableRouter"=dword:0
       "IpInitializeRouter"=dword:1
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\TcpIp]
       "EnableDHCP"=dword:0
       "DefaultGateway"=dword:0
       "UseZeroBroadcast"=dword:0
       "IpAddress"="192.168.0.1"
       "SubnetMask"="255.255.255.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms]
       "ProtocolsToBindTo"=multi_sz:"NOT","NDISUIO"
       "AdapterType"="NAP"
       "ServiceId"="{00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
       "FriendlyName"="Network Access Point"
       "Description"="Bluetooth NAP Service"
       "AcceptConnections"=dword:1
       "MaxConnections"=dword:1
       "PublishSdpOnBoot"=dword:1
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\pan]
       "ActivateOnBoot"=dword:0
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSINTERNET_SHARING]
    "0"="MSINTERNET_SHARING"            ; class name
    "1"="IntShrUI.exe"                  ; exe to launch
    "2"=dword:1                         ; perf hint (RAI_PERF_*)
    "3"=dword:0                         ; app type (?)
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\intshruiapp\DefaultIcon]
    @="tapres.dll,-14294"
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\intshruiapp\SelectIcon]
    @="tapres.dll,-14295"
       "EnableAddressTranslation"=dword:1
       "EnableDhcpAllocator"=dword:1
       "EnableDnsProxy"=dword:1
       "DisabledOnBoot"=dword:1
       "SetLastDhcpAddrToIEH"=dword:1
       "PrivateInterface"=""
       "PublicInterface"=""
       "IpEnableRouter"=dword:0
       "IpInitializeRouter"=dword:1
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\TcpIp]
       "EnableDHCP"=dword:0
       "DefaultGateway"=dword:0
       "UseZeroBroadcast"=dword:0
       "IpAddress"="192.168.0.1"
       "SubnetMask"="255.255.255.0"
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms]
       "ProtocolsToBindTo"=multi_sz:"NOT","NDISUIO"
       "AdapterType"="NAP"
       "ServiceId"="{00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}"
       "FriendlyName"="Network Access Point"
       "Description"="Bluetooth NAP Service"
       "AcceptConnections"=dword:1
       "MaxConnections"=dword:1
    /me edits

If you browse to those locations (especially HKLM\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms\TcpIp) there are more settings that can be changed.
    Ah ok. I always took that feature for granted then. I have several Car PCs in each of my cars. It was always such an easy way to get internet to them. I sit in the car with my phone in my pocket. Made for a nice feature. Like I said earlier the Moto Q9M and the Symbol MC35's internet sharing worked without any further settings. I wish I had those phones still and could find out what their registry settings were...
    Ah ok. I always took that feature for granted then. I have several Car PCs in each of my cars. It was always such an easy way to get internet to them. I sit in the car with my phone in my pocket. Made for a nice feature. Like I said earlier the Moto Q9M and the Symbol MC35's internet sharing worked without any further settings. I wish I had those phones still and could find out what their registry settings were...
    We could always ask around. I'm sure there are forums devoted to those devices out there somewhere... :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    there is a registry hack i forget it now ill see if i can find it. but you change 2 registry settings on the treo then, on your car pc set up a dial up connection using the #777 number as your dial out number and use your cell's user name and pass for your data connection. install your treo as a modem on the car pc. it will dial to your data package using the treo as a modem. and will yield no tethering charges. i used to do this all the time with my treo.
    Heh, yeah, I know that works. Don't even need a registry hack. The PAN is much slicker though. No dialing needed.
    Heh, yeah, I know that works. Don't even need a registry hack. The PAN is much slicker though. No dialing needed.
    the registry hack is reqired so the carrier cannot see the device is being tethered.
    ohh those nasty carriers! So Nosey!
    seems to me that the only thing that needs to be changed is the DHCP Server DWord?
  15.    #495  
    seems to me that the only thing that needs to be changed is the DHCP Server DWord?
    If you have the Moto Q9M or Symbol MC35 still, can you export the registry from them? Then we can diff these keys and see what needs to be changed.
    Don't have them anymore. And my HP 6515 didn't have internet sharing. Shoot! Well hey Ebags, just change that DWORD for DHCP server in the next rom build and I'll let you know if that makes a difference.
  17.    #497  
    Don't have them anymore. And my HP 6515 didn't have internet sharing. Shoot! Well hey Ebags, just change that DWORD for DHCP server in the next rom build and I'll let you know if that makes a difference.
    Change it in your registry, soft reset VIA a program (NOT pulling the battery), and you can test changing that yourself.
    What is a good registry editor program?
  19.    #499  
    What is a good registry editor program?
    There is a decent one included in the ROM.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Thanks Ebag for all your efforts. However, this is way too addicting!
    Yes, that is my boat.