Page 24 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Cool. ETA to new latest rom?
    Tonight most likely.

I ported over the 6.1 bluetooth drivers and it *APPEARS* to be functioning. I have no bluetooth devices here, so I can't test, but it starts up and searches for devices. No errors or other weirdness, so.....
  2.    #462  
    Some of you might find this useful.

It's a list detailing different files and what they do. I've added all of the stuff Verizon included in their 6.0 strange hybrid ROM, but it's not really detailed.

The original source is in Russian, and I've been slowly converting it as I go along.

If anyone wants to add to it, translate it (Google FTW), update it, etc, please post your changes here so everyone can get current copies.

This should greatly help any of you trying to cook your own ROM.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    So from what I gather the 6.1 core doesn't work well or at all on the 700WX? Is there anything we can do to get 6.1 to work as the core? Is it a matter of pure specs issues. It can't be a size issue. I thought 6.1 would still work on a 300mhz cpu.

I know this information is probably in the forum already. Just wondering if we have given up on 6.1 all together, or it will just take more time to get there eventually.
  4.    #464  
    So from what I gather the 6.1 core doesn't work well or at all on the 700WX?
    It's a matter of getting it to play well with the rest of the ROM.

I've ported the following from 6.1:

PIE
    SDHC Drivers
    Bluetooth Drivers

So far from my testing they've all worked excellently. Well except for PIE choking on some sites, but that's not due to the port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It's a matter of getting it to play well with the rest of the ROM.

PIE
    SDHC Drivers
    Bluetooth Drivers

So far from my testing they've all worked excellently. Well except for PIE choking on some sites, but that's not due to the port.
    Cool....I am looking forward to trying it out again...especially after my phone has to go back to WM5 since I was missing the data information to actually connect to the internet.
    Yes, SDHC is working great. It's so nice to have that built in now. Much less trouble that way.

I use SPBPocket Plus for a lot of enhanced features. Problem is PIE conflicts with it. So needless to say, I'm used to IE with SPB not IE With PIE. Is there an easy way to remove Pie from the full rom? Maybe not the files but just keep it from launching with IE.
    Yes, SDHC is working great. It's so nice to have that built in now. Much less trouble that way.

I use SPBPocket Plus for a lot of enhanced features. Problem is PIE conflicts with it. So needless to say, I'm used to IE with SPB not IE With PIE. Is there an easy way to remove Pie from the full rom? Maybe not the files but just keep it from launching with IE.

I think you may have some terminology confusion.

PIE = Pocket Internet Explorer. There is no "IE" on Windows Mobile devices., only PIE.

PIEPlus is an add-on to PIE that can conlfict with SPB Pocket Plus. I think maybe that's what you mean, and that's no longer in the WM6 ROM image that's posted here.

See post #436
    PIEPlus that's it. And right you are, thanks for the correction. It is not in the current latest rom. Thank goodness for that. So we have PIE from WM 6.1, exciting!
    Great job by far the fastest rom releaser. I hope everyones ready to be amazed.
    ~ Dedicated rom tester!

PIE
    SDHC Drivers
    Bluetooth Drivers
    Have you worked these into the stripped ROM yet?

Thanks!
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I successfully completed the upgrade on my Treo 700wx (Sprint) using the most recent download. Seems to be working very well, process was very smooth. I'll post back with any bugs.

Thanks!
    Ebag, Can you provide the updated blue tooth and such as cab files or something simular so they can be added or not depending on preference?

Thanks!

Rodney
  13.    #473  
    ROM Update:

So I've integrated Palm's Threaded SMS into the ROM. Couple of things...

You can't replace just the messaging. So you have to choose which to use.

The two seem to live side-by-side quite nicely. Basically which ever you use seems to pick up the messages (I didn't test this very much however).

I won't be including this into my ROM however as the complete loss of the standard messaging/mms/outlook is just too much for me. WM 6.0 integrates the three very well, and even though it's not threaded it's still (in my opinion) superior to Palm's threaded messaging.

I will continue to look for ways to back port the 6.1 threaded messaging to 6.0.

Oh, and a slightly nervous moment for me. I realized (after I'd started the flash) that the ROM I was testing with threaded messaging was 1,126,445 bytes over the default size of the Verizon ROM.

Appears Verizon left a crapload of room in their ROM. I still don't recommend going over the max size Verizon had.

Incidentally, I did notice once I broke the Verizon size limit the ROM started to run significantly slower. This may be part of the reason why Verizon has it so (relatively) small....

Don't hold your breath for a release tonight. Sorry.
  14.    #474  
    Don't hold your breath for a release tonight. Sorry.
    Okay, so who am I to say I'm going to release then crush all your hopes and dreams?

http://www.4shared.com/file/52650491...Testing_2.html

Mostly the same as before really. It's a bit cleaned up, and (I hope) the shortcut for Internet Sharing is fixed. I'm sure that there are other changes I just can't think of....

I say "I hope" because I haven't actually tried it yet...

Internet Sharing *SHOULD* be completely working now. At least, all the pieces are in place. I've gotten my PC to connect to it and it seems to work, but I don't have another device to connect to try the sharing, and I can't get the Vision connection to work. It should, I suspect the reg key settings need to be tweaked.

The new bluetooth drivers are wonderful. My external GPS works beautifully, where as with WM5 is was a pain in the arse to deal with. I was constantly repairing, uninstalling, soft resetting, etc. With these, you hook it up and go, no need to worry about it.

This version is 1,235,037 bytes below the Verizon default, so no need to worry about it running horribly slow like when I had it a meg over.
  15. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    silly question, has anyone tried sprite-backuping their 6.0 phone, reflashing with new ROM, and restoring in full? I'll give it a try in the mean time.

Ebag - this is a blast! Thanks!

----------
    Update:
    Phone still runs. Had a neat mix of blue and green themes. Lazier than it was smart.
    Last edited by dwg; 06/25/2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: update:
    I have used sprite backup with sucess. Make sure it's the LATEST 6.2 build. I had an earlier 6.2 build that did not work but the latest build point revision does and has saved me a lot of headache. Now I can test the latest roms easily.
    New issue:

I cannot get digital signature or encryption to work with POutlook.

I got the certificates in okay, but I cannot get it to work.

Anyone try this yet?
    I have used sprite backup with sucess. Make sure it's the LATEST 6.2 build. I had an earlier 6.2 build that did not work but the latest build point revision does and has saved me a lot of headache. Now I can test the latest roms easily.
    Where can I get 6.2? I only have what Palm gives out on its site.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  19. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Where can I get 6.2? I only have what Palm gives out on its site.
    Found this at http://www.spritesoftware.com/up60:

"Sprite Backup came with my device - can I upgrade?
    If you own a HTC device and have Sprite Backup 5.1 on your device you can upgrade to the latest version for USD$10. Please click here

If you own a Palm Treo and have Sprite Backup 5.1 on your device you can upgrade to the latest version for USD$10. Please click here"
    SpriteSoftware.com but you'll probably have to pay for that version.

Ebags: Bluetooth Pan still doesn't work. It connects to the broadband on the phone and appears to be "ready" but it is still not a discoverable device on either of my 3 bluetooth stacks. (toshiba, widcomm and logitech)