Page 23 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 2070
  1.    #441  
    Okay, so here's an update on the EVDO/1X/Data/Roaming/etc issue. And hopefully enough information to let you fix it.


    Why did this happen?

    Apparently Verizon in it's infinate wisdom has to much with things that they shouldn't touch.

    If you go into the Network settings under Phone (in the Control Panel) you will hose your connection and be stuck in Digital Roaming.


    How do I fix this?


    There are two methods to fix. One requires you know your connection info, the other is "easier" but more time consuming. Note that all of this is for Sprint, if someone with Verizon can chime in on the differences, I'll update this.


    How to get your connection info

    1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device. http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
    2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
    3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
    4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
    5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code". (MSN, write it down.)
    6. If you haven't hosed your connection yet, go to ##DATA# (##3282#) and unlock the screen (with your MSN). Copy all the data from there.
    7. If you have hosed your connection, call Sprint and tell them that you forgot your data username and password, and need your password reset. (The rep I talked to called in the "Triple A Password"). They may walk you through the RTN reset, if they do just grab all the info from them.


    Fixing with your connection info

    1. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
    2. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
    3. Enter in the MSL you have
    4. Phone will reset
    5. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
    6. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
    7. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Enter the connection information.
      Username: Your username (known or from Sprint, this is *WITHOUT* the @sprintpcs.com)
      Password: Your password (known or reset by Sprint)
      HAPassword: secret
      Primary Agent: 68.28.49.76
      Second Agent: 68.28.57.79
      Make sure Automatic is checked
      Tunneling: Reverse
      MIN-HA SPI: 0
      MIN-AAA SPI: 0
    8. Go into your Connections (in the Control Panel) and edit the connection you have. Make sure it has the following settings:

      Name: Sprint Provisioning
      Modem: Cellular Line
      Number: #777
      Username: YOURUSERNAME@sprintpcs.com (this is the same as in ##DATA#, but with @sprintpcs.com)
      Triple A Password: Your password (this is the same as in ##DATA#)




    Fixing without your connection info

    1. Flash your phone back to WM5 (stock or custom, shouldn't matter as long as it's a good ROM).
    2. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
    3. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
    4. Enter in the MSL you have
    5. Phone will reset
    6. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
    7. Reprovision your phone with ##MSN# where MSN is your MSN (not literally MSN). For example, you might use ##123456#.
    8. Go to ##DATA# and unlock the screen. Hit Update. It should prompt you to setup your Vision services.
    9. Go to Connections in the control panel and verify your settings. Once ##DATA# is updated you can steal the information from there.





    Hopefully this provides more information and helps some folks out.
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Okay, so here's an update on the EVDO/1X/Data/Roaming/etc issue. SNIP
    So does this fix the actual bug whereby we can then enter the Network settings without fear or is this just a fix for after the fact?

    Also, can this be fixed at the ROM level?

    Thanks again, Ebag.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    OK... How much space do those help files save? If it isn't dramatic I wouldn't mind having them.

    Also, is there any type of tutorial available for doing this stuff? I'm a programmer but I seem to be lost in all of this... LOL
    I think I'd call 8-9 megs dramatic.

    I don't remember the exact number off hand. Grab my kitchen attached here (it's designed to WM6, but it IS in "beta", I'm still working on some stuff) and you can see how much is free exactly. You will need AutoHotKey to run it.

    As for tutorials, the kitchen makes it easy. You can also read through the posts in this thread, there are at least a dozen posts I've made walking people through how to do it, though that's the old fashioned way. It's good if you understand that so you know what's going on, but the kitchen GUI makes it pretty easy.


    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So does this fix the actual but whereby we can then enter the Network settings without fear or is this just a fix for after the fact?

    Also, can this be fixed at the ROM level?

    Thanks again, Ebag.

    Fix after the fact.

    I have no idea what's causing the problem, I've tried replacing several files around this area and it's had no effect. I'll keep trying, but it's extremely tedious to test so it's pretty low on my priority (plus there's no real reason to even go into that setting).
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. to0
    to0 is offline
    to0's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    1) That's a start, but it's not guaranteed to work. When I attempted to integrate the 750 threaded messaging into WM5 for the 700wx, "bad things" happened. OEMizer is not guaranteed to work, I've seen it stuff files in the wrong place *LOTS* of times.
    Here are the initflashfiles.txt an registry entries for the Palm Threaded SMS OEM that I know works correctly--it has all of the files that it needs in the right places, as well as all of the correct registry edits. I have built this into ROMs and it's always worked as it's supposed to.

    I used OEMizer to initially dump the CAB, but I went through and did a lot of the registry edits by hand.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5.    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    Here are the initflashfiles.txt an registry entries for the Palm Threaded SMS OEM that I know works correctly--it has all of the files that it needs in the right places, as well as all of the correct registry edits. I have built this into ROMs and it's always worked as it's supposed to.

    I used OEMizer to initially dump the CAB, but I went through and did a lot of the registry edits by hand.
    Any chance that you can either upload the cab here or e-mail it to me?
    (I'm at work ATM so no access to file sharing sites.)
  6. #446  
    For those of us using VZW and the palm threaded SMS, here are the settings that make MMS work.

    Message center number: <leave blank>
    Email center number: 9201
    MMS gateway address: <leave blank>
    MMS URL: http://mms.vzw.com/servlets/mms
    Network Profile: The Internet
  7. #447  
    Hi guys and gals...

    First off, huge tip of the hat to Ebag for all the work. I've been nurturing an unhealthy love/hate relationship with my Treo for a year now and have been waiting for this update...muy mucho appreciated!

    Now as for the network settings getting hosed with the Full ROM, I updated my Treo 2 nights ago. I've gone into the Settings > Phone > Network screen three times now with no ill effect. I haven't made any changes to the settings but I've gone into the screen and clicked OK to exit.

    My Treo was set to no roaming BEFORE I updated the ROM. I live in an area with 1X and work in an EVDO area. My Treo has correctly switched back and forth with no difficulty and has never entered digital (or otherwise) roaming.

    Perhaps this could be a workaround for those who don't need/want roaming anyway. Or if the information itself is helpful in finding a solution then so much the better.

    I'm thoroughly enjoying my "new" Treo and look forward to installing the next release as the development matures. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

    CT

    /me
    P.S. - Using Sprint as carrier, btw...
  8. #448  
    Ok, I'm using a verizon 700WX like I stated earlier. If you fix the issue on the rom level will I need to be warry of the future improved roms on my Verizon phone. I want to continue to download the latest ones without fear of killing my radio.

    thanks
  9. #449  
    Maybe we should branch of to 2 versions? One for verizon and one for sprint?
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by tiberian View Post
    Hi guys and gals...

    First off, huge tip of the hat to Ebag for all the work. I've been nurturing an unhealthy love/hate relationship with my Treo for a year now and have been waiting for this update...muy mucho appreciated!

    Now as for the network settings getting hosed with the Full ROM, I updated my Treo 2 nights ago. I've gone into the Settings > Phone > Network screen three times now with no ill effect. I haven't made any changes to the settings but I've gone into the screen and clicked OK to exit.

    My Treo was set to no roaming BEFORE I updated the ROM. I live in an area with 1X and work in an EVDO area. My Treo has correctly switched back and forth with no difficulty and has never entered digital (or otherwise) roaming.

    Perhaps this could be a workaround for those who don't need/want roaming anyway. Or if the information itself is helpful in finding a solution then so much the better.

    I'm thoroughly enjoying my "new" Treo and look forward to installing the next release as the development matures. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

    CT

    /me
    P.S. - Using Sprint as carrier, btw...
    So with the current WM6 ROM I cannot roam?
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  11. #451  
    I found the images. Used the "break down" rom option in the kitchen. Threw the images into the "to be added" folder, and finalized the rom. It didn't work. I think I am missing a couple of steps! Help?
  12. #452  
    BTW: Internet Sharing does not work on the latest rom. It states: IntShrUI: cannot be opened. Let me know when you have an updated rom that I can try again.
  13. #453  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So with the current WM6 ROM I cannot roam?
    as someone who has followed this thread from the beginning, please read through or search before asking these types of questions.

    i'm very thankful for ebag's help, but it seems like he is reanswering a lot of things he has already hashed out. he's done all the hard work, the least we can do is read through the thread.
  14. #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
    as someone who has followed this thread from the beginning, please read through or search before asking these types of questions.

    i'm very thankful for ebag's help, but it seems like he is reanswering a lot of things he has already hashed out. he's done all the hard work, the least we can do is read through the thread.
    I've been reading, thanks.

    However, the post I quoted made it sound as if the Roaming setting in the currently borked Network applet is set to not roam and, thus, I was asking the question.

    Thanks again, Ebag.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    BTW: Internet Sharing does not work on the latest rom. It states: IntShrUI: cannot be opened. Let me know when you have an updated rom that I can try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Known Bugs:
    Internet Sharing shortcut is currently broke, so launch directly from \Windows\.





    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    <question asked before>
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    <question asked before>
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    <question asked before>
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    <question asked before>



    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
    as someone who has followed this thread from the beginning, please read through or search before asking these types of questions.

    i'm very thankful for ebag's help, but it seems like he is reanswering a lot of things he has already hashed out. he's done all the hard work, the least we can do is read through the thread.
    Thanks illwafer.

    Seriously though guys. There is tons of great information in this thread, and a lot of it's not from me. Take some time to read the thread (yes, I realize that we're at 23 pages now), or at the very least use the thread search button.

    I promise, if you at least attempt to find the answer and still can't I'll be more than happy to get you an answer. But when I see questions that have been asked over and over and over again, it does get a bit tiresome. Especially when the answers are in the first 3 posts.....


    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So with the current WM6 ROM I cannot roam?
    The problem is that you can get stuck in roaming. Near as I can tell you basically screw up the provisioning on your phone.




    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Several alarms have been added to enhance your "wake ability" (of which mine is poor getting up at 4 AM).
    Thought this was funny. One of said added alarms went off this morning, and my wife woke up enough to tell me that she thought "that's a cute alarm."

    One more hook into getting her onto a Treo.
  16. #456  
    Sorry Ebag's you were right. I hate seeming like a noob! The gui version worked a lot better for me and easier. I was able to see all the files etc.

    I found the Internet Sharing in windows and it launched and I will give you an update on it shortly.

    I also was able to replace my verizon images.

    Thanks for all your help and your efforts. They are appreciated. Breathing new life into older technology is always a great thing to do.
  17. #457  
    Ok Update on the Internet Sharing. The internet Sharing program launches fine on the Device, but when I browse for avaliable services on the bluetooth device I do not get a appropriate device. I only get the activesync, dialup networking, obex and voice gateway services.

    So I will try tethered next.
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    Sorry Ebag's you were right. I hate seeming like a noob! The gui version worked a lot better for me and easier. I was able to see all the files etc.
    Not picking on you. You just happened to be a recent poster and an easy target.

    I could have probably picked 2-3 posts off any page in this thread and said the same.
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    when I browse for avaliable services on the bluetooth device I do not get a appropriate device. I only get the activesync, dialup networking, obex and voice gateway services.
    Hmm.

    Verizon may have castrated the Bluetooth on here. I really despise Verizon sometimes....

    I'll see if I can integrate the Bluetooth drivers from 6.1 into the ROM. *crosses fingers*
  20. #460  
    Cool. ETA to new latest rom?

Posting Permissions