Page 22 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Are you getting the square in Pocket MSN?

I don't use Pocket MSN and it wasn't installed by default on the ROM. There are far better solutions. So sorry, can't really help you there.
    I'm getting the square when ever the software keyboard is available, it looks out of place, but it shows whether you have number lock or caps lock on.

I see people us ms live for hotmail stuff, does that work better?
    OK, I've flashed my Sprint Treo 700wx and everything went smoothly. This is awesome! With both versions of the flash (stripped and full) I am receiving the same skin/glitch as mentioned earlier. Here's a picture of it:

Also, you should change the start-up page in IE from verizon.com to something generic (like the default home page or http://mobile.msn.com)

Awesome job, keep up the good work!!!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonLAN View Post
    OK, I've flashed my Sprint Treo 700wx and everything went smoothly. This is awesome! With both versions of the flash (stripped and full) I am receiving the same skin/glitch as mentioned earlier. Here's a picture of it:

Also, you should change the start-up page in IE from verizon.com to something generic (like the default home page or http://mobile.msn.com)

Awesome job, keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for that pic, thats excatly the same thing i got. Anyways I got the vzw pie main screen and i was like OH Sh** something went wrong haha.
    I am getting the same screen glitch as well. That's supposed to be a little up arrow. Everything seems to be working well on the phone.

2 Things:

1) I have a verizon phone, but the rom upgrade both full and striped gave me "sprint" on and off logos for my radio.

2) Any hope of including bluetooth internet sharing instead of the "usb modem" stuff? I have the usb modem programm from Click apps that makes it work through bluetooth but it's still a "modem" that you have to dial with. I really like the Bluetooth PAN option better since it's easier to configure and needs no modem dial up settings. My MC 35 had that option built in. So Did my Motorolla Q9.

thanks for the hard work!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have been using this for two days now and everything works perfectly. I had issues with PIE on the full rom, but I switched over to the trimmed rom and now it works fine.
    That square is part of the theme I believe. Change the theme and it is gone.
    ~ Dedicated rom tester!
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I'm assuming this is a backup program that /can/ go between 5 and 6?

From where can I acquire this?

Thanks.
    www.dashwire.com

Not so much a 5 to 6 go between, more or less a backup of Contacts so you can redownload onto any device. Basically you install the Dashwire cab (which you can download from their site) and then do a backup, confirm that you backed them up. Then when you reflash, reinstall the cab and use your dashwire login to restore you contacts. Fairly straight forward... I learned a nice lesson in DB corruption when you go from a WM5 to WM6 contact DB... killed my phone, almost. It was touch and go for a minute there.
  8.    #428  
    I'm assuming this is a backup program that /can/ go between 5 and 6?

From where can I acquire this?
    It's part of the full ROM. Or you can go to http://m.dashwire.com.

Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    I'm getting the square when ever the software keyboard is available, it looks out of place, but it shows whether you have number lock or caps lock on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystar View Post
    I am getting the same screen glitch as well. That's supposed to be a little up arrow. Everything seems to be working well on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdollahz View Post
    That square is part of the theme I believe. Change the theme and it is gone.
    Looks like the theme is at fault. Not much I can do about it.

Note: I do get that box on occasion in the default ROM (blue theme). Hitting shift a couple of times (to cycle through) clears it.

1) I have a verizon phone, but the rom upgrade both full and striped gave me "sprint" on and off logos for my radio.
    Grab the kitchen and look in this thread for the Verizon images. Pretty easy to swap out the images if they bug you that much.

2) Any hope of including bluetooth internet sharing instead of the "usb modem" stuff? I have the usb modem programm from Click apps that makes it work through bluetooth but it's still a "modem" that you have to dial with. I really like the Bluetooth PAN option better since it's easier to configure and needs no modem dial up settings. My MC 35 had that option built in. So Did my Motorolla Q9.
    Trust Verizon to remove useful features and "dumb down" the phone.

I will be including this in my next release, along with (hopefully) a host of other features.

Speaking of other features, I have PIE 6.1 working. Works incredibly well for mobile sites, and...aye! que horrible! for non-mobile sites.

Anyone got any ideas on this one? I'm stumped.

/me edits

It's not all sites either. I'm not sure what it's barfing on.
  9.    #429  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But it's missing Threaded SMS, the Zoom in/out function of PIE, the "Getting Started" apps, One Note Mobile, and I bet the advanced MSCMDM support, etc. (all detailed here).

This is no WM 6.1.
    Thought you'd find this amusing Mal.

Under:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office Mobile\Version

Two keys exist.

Major 6
    Minor 1

Verizons got some nice hybridization going on here.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    this is truly amazing to finally see wm6 on my treo 700wx, and i cannot thank you enough.

there are just two issues i am wondering if anyone has solved yet,
    i tried to install the threaded sms but it made my phone unable to work and i had to hard reset for it to work again.. i was wondering if there is any way to get threaded sms back on with wm6

also i installed jivetalk for wm6 and it works but when i let the phone idle it will turn the backlight to the keyboard on automatically(leaving the screen black)... i am wondering if anyone knows of a way to fix this because it wont go off automatically and drains the battery..

thanks in advance!
  11.    #431  
    Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    there are just two issues i am wondering if anyone has solved yet,
    i tried to install the threaded sms but it made my phone unable to work and i had to hard reset for it to work again.. i was wondering if there is any way to get threaded sms back on with wm6
    Threaded SMS is on my list of things to do.

Not sure if I'll try the Palm threaded or 6.1. Probably 6.1 since it'll also tie in (hopefully) all the exchange stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tekky View Post
    also i installed jivetalk for wm6 and it works but when i let the phone idle it will turn the backlight to the keyboard on automatically(leaving the screen black)... i am wondering if anyone knows of a way to fix this because it wont go off automatically and drains the battery..
    No idea. Haven't even used Jivetalk.
    i've been using this on the wm6 rom for threaded sms, and it works great:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=323
  13. to0
    I can't say enough to describe how awesome this thread is! I NEVER thought the CDMA Windows Treos would ever see custom ROMs! Amazing job, everyone!

Let's see if I can't contribute something to getting Threaded SMS into a ROM:

Shouldn't adding threaded SMS be as simple as this?

- Take an OEM for it from an HTC device's kitchen
    - Copy the OEM's initflashfiles.txt into initflashfiles.dat
    - Add all of the files from the OEM to the Treo ROM
    - Copy the OEM's .rgu file into an existing registry (.rgu) file?

Since I have cooked Palm's Threaded SMS into HTC ROMs in the past, I know that it is possible to cook it into a ROM.

I don't have a Treo to test on right now, but I'm definitely on the lookout for a good deal. If anyone would like to try my Threaded SMS OEM out in a ROM, shoot me a PM.
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    Shouldn't adding threaded SMS be as simple as this?

- Take an OEM for it from an HTC device's kitchen
    - Copy the OEM's initflashfiles.txt into initflashfiles.dat
    - Add all of the files from the OEM to the Treo ROM
    - Copy the OEM's .rgu file into an existing registry (.rgu) file?
    Taken in order:

1) Yeah, as long as you know all the files to grab (this is the hardest part usually, as nearly every package will be slightly different).

2) You shouldn't need to change the initflashfiles unless there's a need to register a DLL that's not registered by default, or you need to move around files that are new to the ROM.

3) Don't forget to take the old ones out first. Yes, the ROM programs will let you add multiples of the same files. You get some really odd results when you do that. Ask me how I know.

4) Yup.

One thing to note is that e-mail, mms, and sms are all closely tied together. It's most likely easiest to try and port it all at once rather than a chunk at a time.
  15. to0
    1) Yeah, as long as you know all the files to grab (this is the hardest part usually, as nearly every package will be slightly different).

2) You shouldn't need to change the initflashfiles unless there's a need to register a DLL that's not registered by default, or you need to move around files that are new to the ROM.
    1. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only files you need are the files that get installed with a CAB file that installs the program correctly. You can accomplish this by taking the CAB apart by hand, or you can utilize OEMizer from PPCGeeks. OEMizer will separate it into its files, registry entries, and initlfashfiles entries.

2. It's been a while since I've looked at that program since WM6.1 rolled around, but I do believe that at least some files go in places besides \Windows.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can send you all of the files that you need, where they need to go, and what registry edits need to be made.

I really need a 700wx

*edit: As for duplicate files, can't that be taken care of by checking every file that's added to the ROM to see if one with the same filename already exists in there and either doing an overwrite or prompting for what to do? This may result in too much extra overhead, but it's an idea.

I'm probably going to end up playing with your source once I've got my own Treo to test on. Gotta love open source!

One thing to note is that e-mail, mms, and sms are all closely tied together. It's most likely easiest to try and port it all at once rather than a chunk at a time.
    What's worked with me on the Apache, Vogue, and Titan is this: move the the Outlook stuff--e-mail and SMS (the OEM one that comes with the ROM by default)--over as is. Now, you can use this as a base to pile things on top of. If you include the OEM for ArcSoft, its .rgu entries will take care of adding the account to the accounts list, handling the messages, etc. Adding the entries for Threaded SMS will take care of disabling the SMS account in Outlook, handing SMS messages, etc. This "pile on a chunk at a time" method has always seemed to work fine, but I've also never built a Treo ROM...
    Last edited by to0; 06/24/2008 at 01:00 AM.
  16.    #436  
    As promised here's my "in progress" WM 6 Full Rom.

Changes:

PIEPlus has been deleted.
    PIE 6.1 has been integrated.
    Internet Sharing has been added.
    Several alarms have been added to enhance your "wake ability" (of which mine is poor getting up at 4 AM).

Known Bugs:
    Internet Sharing shortcut is currently broke, so launch directly from \Windows\.
    The Internet Sharing reg keys are currently broke, so some of the stuff that's deleted normally (IE: Phone in start menu, Sounds in Programs, etc) aren't. Nothing major is effected.
    Changing your phone's network settings with hose your connection. (Occurs in all WM6 versions, so not my fault!)

This is not considered final, but is definatly better than my last "full" release. Due to the changes the free space in the ROM is down to ~1 meg.

Download: http://www.4shared.com/file/52518185...-_Testing.html

/me edits

Can anyone test Internet Sharing? I ran a quick test but don't have bluetooth setup on my desktop at the moment, so couldn't fully test.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/24/2008 at 12:55 AM.
  17.    #437  
    1. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the only files you need are the files that get installed with a CAB file that installs the program correctly. You can accomplish this by taking the CAB apart by hand, or you can utilize OEMizer from PPCGeeks. OEMizer will separate it into its files, registry entries, and initlfashfiles entries.

2. It's been a while since I've looked at that program since WM6.1 rolled around, but I do believe that at least some files go in places besides \Windows.

If you want to PM me your e-mail address, I can send you all of the files that you need, where they need to go, and what registry edits need to be made.

I really need a 700wx
    1) That's a start, but it's not guaranteed to work. When I attempted to integrate the 750 threaded messaging into WM5 for the 700wx, "bad things" happened. OEMizer is not guaranteed to work, I've seen it stuff files in the wrong place *LOTS* of times.

2) Very possible, but as we're already at 6.0 I don't think we're adding many files, mostly just replacing.

I'll be looking at the dumps for the Touch and the Mogul to see what goes in them for 6.1. That should give me a place to start, it was rather easy to port over PIE 6.1 from those. I know that this will be more difficult as the files we need are scattered around thanks to OEMizer...

*edit: As for duplicate files, can't that be taken care of by checking every file that's added to the ROM to see if one with the same filename already exists in there and either doing an overwrite or prompting for what to do? This may result in too much extra overhead, but it's an idea.
    The only way to see if there are duplicate files in ROM is to delete them (with delfile) and count how many it deleted.

Stupid, I know.
    Ebag,

Is there any way we could also get a copy of the stock WM6 ROM? I really want to get into ROM cooking and I'd like to see it if possible.

Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  19.    #439  
    Ebag,

Is there any way we could also get a copy of the stock WM6 ROM? I really want to get into ROM cooking and I'd like to see it if possible.

Thanks.
    The trimmed is essentially stock, just with the help files removed and some files UPX'd (pretty much all you can do).

It's a great place to start for cooking as you can worry about adding your own files rather than wondering "can I delete this dll"?
    The trimmed is essentially stock, just with the help files removed and some files UPX'd (pretty much all you can do).

It's a great place to start for cooking as you can worry about adding your own files rather than wondering "can I delete this dll"?
    OK... How much space do those help files save? If it isn't dramatic I wouldn't mind having them.

Also, is there any type of tutorial available for doing this stuff? I'm a programmer but I seem to be lost in all of this... LOL
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.