Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What about your data information in the connection screen?

Have you tried flashing back to 1.15 (custom or default)?

How did you upgrade to WM6?
    I followed your instructions for the upgrade. I was using the custom WM5 ROM that was just the bare necessities and it was working fine. I am going to try going back to 1.15 default and see if that works....so weird about the data....
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    If you Google the build number (18125.0.4.2), it seems like an older version of WM6 (August/Sept 2007).

That's cool about SDHC and hopefully PIE 6.1 will work in ROM. If only we could get threaded SMS in there (either 6.1 or Palm) we'd be golden, lol.
    Threaded SMS would be perfect if it could be somehow worked in....
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    I followed your instructions for the upgrade. I was using the custom WM5 ROM that was just the bare necessities and it was working fine. I am going to try going back to 1.15 default and see if that works....so weird about the data....

Okay....so I flashed back to the default 1.15...went to the ##DATA# screen...clicked update and it provisioned vision services and now the internet works again.....I will try to flash back to WM6 again and see what happens.
  4.    #404  
    I will try to flash back to WM6 again and see what happens.
    Theoretically it should work.

I'm trying using the Sprint 1.15 TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll in the WM6 ROM. You may want to wait until I see what happens with that to go to WM 6....
    (Halfway through flashing.)
  5.    #405  
    I'm trying using the Sprint 1.15 TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll in the WM6 ROM. You may want to wait until I see what happens with that to go to WM 6....
    No joy.

I'm going to go back to 1.15 to fix it, then go to WM6 with the new (old) TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll and see if changing network settings still breaks it.

The things I do for you guys!
    Theoretically it should work.

Okay....just cleaning up a few items so I will wait until I see what happens with your latest update.

On a side note...thank you for all of your work with updates. I am sure it is time consuming....
  7.    #407  
    On a side note...thank you for all of your work with updates. I am sure it is time consuming....
    Just a bit at 10-15 minutes per flash.

On the phone with Sprint now to get my MSL. 20 minute hold time, grrr......
    Just a bit at 10-15 minutes per flash.

On the phone with Sprint now to get my MSL. 20 minute hold time, grrr......
    There is a program you can put on your phone to get your MSL.

http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip

Credit goes to DC-Striker from XDA-Developers....got it from a post over there.

Here is the posting that explains what you need to do.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...75&postcount=1
  9.    #409  
    This is SO going in the ROM.
    What about your data information in the connection screen?

Have you tried flashing back to 1.15 (custom or default)?

How did you upgrade to WM6?

On a different note, does anyone have a 6+ gig SDHC card and is willing to be a test bed for a test ROM to see if I can build bigger support into WM6? I'm going to try it myself first, but assuming it works with a 2 gig non SDHC card, I'd like to see how big we can get.

Supposedly on WM6 people have gotten as much as 8 gig cards to work with this SDHC package. WM5 of course caps at 4 gigs.

If you have AIM or gTalk that'd be ideal as I could bug you in real time from work.
    Guinea pig reporting for duty.

I have a 8gb sdhc card. It works with the sdhc.777.cab but writes and reads really slow.
    ~ Dedicated rom tester!
  11.    #411  
    Update on the broken network issue (Data Roaming).

Here's what I did that worked (or didn't).

Failed to work:
    Soft reset
    Hard reset
    Reflashing
    Changing versions (WM6 to 5)

What did work:
    Resetting my phone programming.

The easiest way to reset:

1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device. http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
    2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
    3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
    4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
    5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code". (MSN, write it down.)
    6. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
    7. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
    8. Enter in the MSL you have
    9. Phone will reset
    10. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
    11. Verify that you are no longer roaming.

I was under WM5 when I did this. I will reflash to WM6, intentionally break it, and see if this fixes it.

/me edits

Confirmed working in WM6. No need to reflash to fix any longer.

Be warned that I'm 99.9% sure this process hard resets your device.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/23/2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Update on the broken network issue (Data Roaming).

Here's what I did that worked (or didn't).

Failed to work:
    Soft reset
    Hard reset
    Reflashing
    Changing versions (WM6 to 5)

What did work:
    Resetting my phone programming.

The easiest way to reset:

1. Unzip and copy the extracted GetSPC folder (with all 3 files) to the storage card on your device. http://www.5gmobile.us/mobilefiles/VX6800/GetSPC.zip
    2. Write down the ESN (Hex) number found behind the battery.
    3. Power up and run the 'GetSPC(PPC 2003)' executable on your device.
    4. In the 'Input' field, enter the ESN number you wrote down but be sure to use ALL CAPITOLS for the alpha values. (Ex: 123ABCD4, not 123abcd4)
    5. Hit the 'Go' button. The value in the 'Output' field will be your "Unlock Code". (MSN, write it down.)
    6. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
    7. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
    8. Enter in the MSL you have
    9. Phone will reset
    10. WAIT! It took me several minutes (to the point where I started worrying), then it prompted me to reconfigure my phone. This appears to do a hard reset (I had no data on my device so I'm not sure).
    11. Verify that you are no longer roaming.

I was under WM5 when I did this. I will reflash to WM6, intentionally break it, and see if this fixes it.

/me edits

Confirmed working in WM6. No need to reflash to fix any longer.

Be warned that I'm 99.9% sure this process hard resets your device.
    Great....so then the original WM6 files that you posted are fine to go with? I hope that the data connection issue won't pop up like it did the last time.
  13.    #413  
    I have the SDHC.777.cab included in my ROM and working.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdollahz
    reads the full 8gb. I'm impressed already read speeds seems to be on par with the sd card specs. Write speeds always seem slow no matter what.
    Looks like it's a success. It'll be in the next ROM I upload (probably tonight).
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    EBag, great work I just flashed my with the trimmed wm6 rom lastnight and it was as easy as it gets. But I do have a few questions.

I did notice the pocket msn is not there so i download it and installed it and it works just like when it was on wm5 besides one little thing.

On wm5 with pocket msn, it integrated itself with messages so i had a option for delivary option where i can have it check for new messages every 15mins. This is not there anymore and I have to hit send/recieve whenever i want to check my messages intead of it polling the server every 15mins like I had.

Another was next to the keyboard icon there is a little squre spot that looks out of place and it displays whether or not the function key or the number key is on or off but it looks really out of place, is this normal?

Other than that the rom is great and everything I use works good on it. Thanks
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by New2This View Post
    I did notice the pocket msn is not there so i download it and installed it and it works just like when it was on wm5 besides one little thing.

On wm5 with pocket msn, it integrated itself with messages so i had a option for delivary option where i can have it check for new messages every 15mins. This is not there anymore and I have to hit send/recieve whenever i want to check my messages intead of it polling the server every 15mins like I had.

Another was next to the keyboard icon there is a little squre spot that looks out of place and it displays whether or not the function key or the number key is on or off but it looks really out of place, is this normal?
    Are you getting the square in Pocket MSN?

I don't use Pocket MSN and it wasn't installed by default on the ROM. There are far better solutions. So sorry, can't really help you there.
    So... Maybe a dumb question but does Sprite Backup work on the WM6 ROMs?

Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This is truly amazing work!

I am ...almost... ready to go for it. Of course, I can always re-flash nad uyse my backp to restore anyway.

My biggest thing holding me back now is the length of time it will take to re-install software and re-configure the device.
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    So... Maybe a dumb question but does Sprite Backup work on the WM6 ROMs?

Thanks.
    No reason why it shouldn't be able to backup and restore in WM6.

You cannot back up your WM5 stuff and restore to WM6. You'll break stuff. (Ask DarthPooh how he knows...)

Use Dashwire instead.
    Got a 700WX dead as a doornail. Does anyone have a schematic or component layout of the PCB so I can Troubleshoot why it won't Charge, or power on or give any sign of life whatsoever. Pico Fuse locations etc...Any Treo "Nerve" Surgeons out there? You treo brain surgeons have it "Locked"...Brilliant tweaks on here... Thanks in Advance...

Oh yeah, Anybody got a link or .cab for the "Iphone" Theme?

SK
    Last edited by Skil-Krane; 06/23/2008 at 04:45 PM.
    Use Dashwire instead.
    I'm assuming this is a backup program that /can/ go between 5 and 6?

From where can I acquire this?

Thanks.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.