Page 20 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
    If you end up with your Treo stuck in "Digital Roaming' you'll need to do the following to fix it:

Please note, I tried this with a Sprint Treo 700wx. I make no guarentees with other phones (or with any phone.. for that matter).

I always strongly recommend you backup your firmware before you mod your phone at all. To do this, find grab_it_64 over on xda-developers. Since you already modified, this is a little too later -- however, if you need firmware to restore to, you can use grab_it_64 to help.

1. Get your MSL. If you don't have it, just call Sprint and tell them you need to reprogram the phone. The numbers they give you to access the programming after the ## is your MSL.
    2. Go to ##RTN# (##786#)
    3. Write down your MDN and MSID, you may also want to note your PRL version
    4. Options (left softkey) --> Reset
    5. Enter in the MSL you have
    6. Phone will reset
    7. Take out the battery
    8. We need firmware here, get it on the SD card which should be formatted FAT32 -- not FAT.
    9. (Assuming you have Sprint), use the Sprint 1.15 Updater from their website (go to ebag's post for more info)
    10. If another provider, use their stock firmware
    11. Under NO circumstances use the WM6 firmware here, we need to program / provision the phone in WM5, then move up to WM6
    12. Hold the left volume button up
    13. Put the battery in
    14. Plug power cable in
    15. Click the up key to do the firmware install
    16. Wait... your phone may stall at the Treo screen for a moment, just have some patience
    17. Your phone will have WM5 back on
    18. Provision it (##YOURMSL#)
    19. Enter back in the MDN and MSID
    20. Provision data via ##DATA
    21. Ensure everything works
    22. Follow the steps to upgrade back to WM6 -- do NOT change the network settings once you are in WM6. If you do, you will need to go back through this whole process again.

Now, it would be nice if someone could figure out how to remove the Verizon network settings and replace them with defaults which can be used with Sprint. The problem here is that the default settings which Sprint leaves on the phone are overwritten when you change the network settings. You can't seem to recover them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    I did what you said and changer the home page in my Treo that's working with WM6 and I am not having any more problems with the data.

On my broken Treo I have tried flashing back with the 1.15 updater and WM6 is gone but some how it flashed back to 1.14, don't ask me man I don't get it. I have downloaded the Sprint updater re-formatted the care and reloaded straight from the updated and I am still getting 1.14 this is weird. I cant launch the 1.15 update without doing the hard reset hold the volume key steps, if I try just putting the card in after a hard reset it comes up with the updater screen when I chose update is says the card is not formatted in fat32 which I know it is. So I go back to the hard reset remove the battery I get the update rom screen I plug in the charger chose yes let the update rum and I get 1.14, phone still has no radio. I even tried a different card.

Maybe its just my Wife's Treo its pretty beat up would someone else who has updated to WM6 and is on Sprint care to try going to Settings/phone/network/ and change from home to Automatic A and see what this causes, BEWARE I MIGHT HAVE BRICKED ONE ALREADY!
    Follow my instructions in #381. That should solve this.
    It is a good thing you posted the instruction as they are not widely known and i had to read multiple threads to figure it out initially. This problem is too much for me to stay with wm6. As this isn't the only problem and wm5 is much faster IMSO (In my semi-honest opinion)
    ~ Dedicated rom tester!
    I can confirm that PIE works perfectly, when using the stripped WM6 Rom. No issues with the stripped version at all. I am using a Sprint 700wx.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    The stripped WM6 Rom works wonders. Im actually running PIE 6.1 on my Treo.
    Yeah, I installed PIE 6.1. Once again, lightning fast for mobile sites but still chokes on full ones. c'est la vie. (i'm using the stripped rom btw)

Here it is in .cab form from XDA. Just run the cab:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/88878453....E_For_WM6.rar

(the 6.1 files are there too for manual installation or perhaps ROM building)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Mal, full sites are now running fine and fast for me, with the stripped WM6 rom. I am not using 6.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    You can just change esn of any Treo 700p,wx etc with my mtty method, see mobile files forum for details. I remember changing imei with parallel cable on analog (pre-tdma) phones.. and listen in analog conversations.
    Mtty method? Twist that wind up Key in my back and point which direction!
    I thirst! E L A B O R A T E ! !
    Question for everyone.....I ran the update and everything seems fine...except connecting to the internet. When I check my data info by pressing ##3282#....everything is blank...should there be info in these fields? Obviously I know what my username and Password should be...but what about HA Passwoord, Primary HA, Secondary HA and so on. Thanks,

Dimitri
    Hey, just got a quick question for you ebag, or anyone who knows. Kinda off in another direction than what everyone's been going in.

Once the long awaited Treo 800W arrives, what are the chances that we will be able to right away start cooking our own ROMs for it using the tools for the 700wx?

As I understand it, the reason the 700 was so long without being able to do custom ROMs was that Palm somehow encoded the ROM in a way no one could figure out(?). But, seems Waffles was able to crack it, and now you have been able to exploit that crack and even given us a handy little easy to use kitchen for cooking the ROM. But, as I understand, that wasn't possible till after Palm came out with a ROM update, and even then it took a while to figure out.

So, what's the chance that the new 800w will use the same, for lack of better understanding I use the term, encoding so that we will be able to just dump the ROM, cook it to our desired taste, and flash it?

I for one am really enjoying these custom ROMs you're giving us, ebag. And, I intend on upgrading to the 800w as soon as I can convince Sprint to give me a nice deal on it, since my contract still has another year on it. But, I'll want to customize the ROM to remove the junk I don't need, and add the stuff I do need.

So, will that be possible? Or will we have to wait again for Palm to release an update before we can "fix" the ROM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skil-Krane View Post
    Mtty method? Twist that wind up Key in my back and point which direction!
    I thirst! E L A B O R A T E ! !

http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=37980

expect you use cdmaupdater.exe, (push LEFT hidden softkey) to backup nv only and edit the \nvbackup.dat (in sd card), then see that thread, then restore it back. but your prl will also need to be fixed too with serial cable.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by dalexiou View Post
    Question for everyone.....I ran the update and everything seems fine...except connecting to the internet. When I check my data info by pressing ##3282#....everything is blank...should there be info in these fields? Obviously I know what my username and Password should be...but what about HA Passwoord, Primary HA, Secondary HA and so on.
    Mine's populated with Sprint. This is something that should be pushed by your carrier, I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Hey, just got a quick question for you ebag, or anyone who knows. Kinda off in another direction than what everyone's been going in.

Once the long awaited Treo 800W arrives, what are the chances that we will be able to right away start cooking our own ROMs for it using the tools for the 700wx?

So, will that be possible? Or will we have to wait again for Palm to release an update before we can "fix" the ROM?
    Weeeelllllll........

Theoretically we should be able to use the same update tools to update the 800w ROM as we're using for the 700wx. The problem lies in the ability to go back to the original ROM if you screw something up.

I won't be attempting any ROM flashing until Sprint releases the first ROM update, which seems to be 6-12 months after the phone is released. But we can always hope for a major (software) issue that'll push them to release something sooner.

(And of course if there is a major issue we'll see tons of posts about how lame the 800w is and how the <insert fanboy phone of your choice> is so much better, regardless of what the issue is.)

Unfortunatly any updates Verizon pushes out (even assuming they get the phone) are useless as Verizon encrypts it's ROM's. So it's all riding on Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Mine's populated with Sprint. This is something that should be pushed by your carrier, I would imagine.
    That's interesting because I have Sprint as well and all of the fields were blank...I clicked the update button within that screen and nothing happened.
  14.    #394  
    That's interesting because I have Sprint as well and all of the fields were blank...I clicked the update button within that screen and nothing happened.
    Not sure what the update button is supposed to do.

I tried to edit them, seems they're locked with a "Master Password". Do you have the Network issue (stuck in Digital Roam)?

Oh, and are your settings right in Connections in your Control Panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Yeah, I installed PIE 6.1.
    Okay, this is interesting....

It appears that the Verizon ROM already has the latest (or near to it) version of PIE.

I dumped a 6.1 ROM from another device, and compared that, the PIE 6.1 individual files, and the Verizon "6.0" ROM.

They all are the same exact size and appear to be within a few days of each other (the other 6.1 ROM's iexplore.exe is 2 days newer than the Verizon ROM).

I diffed the rest of the files, and there are only 157 files that are different. I cannot find any significant differences between the Verizon rom and the 6.1 ROM I dumped.

It appears that this ROM IS 6.1, and I feel comfortable calling it such.

I will be updating my Full ROM today (hopefully) which should resolve the PIEPlus issue as well as some other minor tweaks.

On the Network issue, does anyone know where those settings reside (Home, Automatic 1, Automatic 2)? I cannot find them anywhere in the registry.
    Not sure what the update button is supposed to do.

I tried to edit them, seems they're locked with a "Master Password". Do you have the Network issue (stuck in Digital Roam)?

Oh, and are your settings right in Connections in your Control Panel?
    Yeah the Master Password is your MSL number which I have. I had to reprovision the phone to work. (i.e. change the MSID and MDN to the right numbers) After that the phone worked phone. I then tried to connect to the internet which was a no go. I am not in Digital Roam, but it looks like the issue is all of the fields are blank when you go to the ##DATA# screen.
  16.    #396  
    Yeah the Master Password is your MSL number which I have. I had to reprovision the phone to work. (i.e. change the MSID and MDN to the right numbers) After that the phone worked phone. I then tried to connect to the internet which was a no go. I am not in Digital Roam, but it looks like the issue is all of the fields are blank when you go to the ##DATA# screen.
    What about your data information in the connection screen?

Have you tried flashing back to 1.15 (custom or default)?

How did you upgrade to WM6?

On a different note, does anyone have a 6+ gig SDHC card and is willing to be a test bed for a test ROM to see if I can build bigger support into WM6? I'm going to try it myself first, but assuming it works with a 2 gig non SDHC card, I'd like to see how big we can get.

Supposedly on WM6 people have gotten as much as 8 gig cards to work with this SDHC package. WM5 of course caps at 4 gigs.

If you have AIM or gTalk that'd be ideal as I could bug you in real time from work.
    Okay, this is interesting....

It appears that the Verizon ROM already has the latest (or near to it) version of PIE.

I dumped a 6.1 ROM from another device, and compared that, the PIE 6.1 individual files, and the Verizon "6.0" ROM.

They all are the same exact size and appear to be within a few days of each other (the other 6.1 ROM's iexplore.exe is 2 days newer than the Verizon ROM).

I diffed the rest of the files, and there are only 157 files that are different. I cannot find any significant differences between the Verizon rom and the 6.1 ROM I dumped.

It appears that this ROM IS 6.1, and I feel comfortable calling it such.
    But it's missing Threaded SMS, the Zoom in/out function of PIE, the "Getting Started" apps, One Note Mobile, and I bet the advanced MSCMDM support, etc. (all detailed here).

This is no WM 6.1.

The PIE that I posted is newer and adds the zoom in/out function; it also renders faster, which are significant differences even if it's only 2 days.

On a different note, does anyone have a 6+ gig SDHC card and is willing to be a test bed for a test ROM to see if I can build bigger support into WM6? I'm going to try it myself first, but assuming it works with a 2 gig non SDHC card, I'd like to see how big we can get.

Supposedly on WM6 people have gotten as much as 8 gig cards to work with this SDHC package. WM5 of course caps at 4 gigs.

If you have AIM or gTalk that'd be ideal as I could bug you in real time from work.
    I installed the SDHC package that floats around the 'nets and got the same problem in WM5: it reads the card now, but you cannot write to it.

19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    But it's missing Threaded SMS, the Zoom in/out function of PIE, the "Getting Started" apps, One Note Mobile, etc. (all detailed here).

This is no WM 6.1.

The PIE that I posted is newer and adds the zoom in/out function; it also renders faster.
    Well unless WM6.1 resides in just 175 files...seems rather low number to me.

Either that or the ROM I diffed it to wasn't really 6.1....

I wonder if this is some wacky hybrid Verizon's come up with. Seems like it's very possible.

I have the SDHC.777.cab included in my ROM and working. I'll try the PIE files next.

Incidentally I've figured out the problem with the network (stuck in digital roam). The troublemaker is TelephonyInterfaceLayer.dll. The question I have is if anyone using VERIZON is having the Digital Roam issue, or if it's just Sprint users. Theoretically only non-Verizon users should break. (It's odd though that no one had this problem with my custom WM5 ROM.)
    I wonder if this is some wacky hybrid Verizon's come up with. Seems like it's very possible.
    If you Google the build number (18125.0.4.2), it seems like an older version of WM6 (August/Sept 2007).

That's cool about SDHC and hopefully PIE 6.1 will work in ROM. If only we could get threaded SMS in there (either 6.1 or Palm) we'd be golden, lol.