Page 19 of 104 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
  1.    #361  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    1. What palm tweaks are missing in the 6.0 Rom?
    The one that I notice (that irrritates me) is the automatic using numbers in numeric fields. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other tweaks missing.

Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    2. I had expected WM6 to be slower than WM5 but it sounds like that might not be the case. So, is WM6 slower than WM5?
    It feels just slightly slower than WM5 to me. Significantly slower than a custom WM5.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonMeudt View Post
    I'm not sure what the actual issue is with the actual connections, but it is/can be a doozy if you are not informed.
    I have had zero problems with my data, but I'm in 1X. I'll test EVDO as I'm going to be travelling through an area that has it today, and report back.

In addition to the SDHC drivers, I am sure that quite a few folks would prefer the Palm Messaging as opposed to the standard WM6 messaging for text...
    Agreed. I mainly wanted to get a polished ROM out the door before mucking with it too much, it gives me a place to start if I know that my trimmed/final ROM is solid.

Considering that WM6 'requires' XCPUScalar for 'best' operation, could you put it in the ROM? The TRIAL only requires activation as far as I know...
    Considering the way xCPUScalar works I got a bit nervous putting it into ROM. And it's a decent sized program, unlike say PIEPlus. I could have put it in ROM, but those two factors made me decide not to.

Quote Originally Posted by g35guy86 View Post
    Im sorta new at at flashing roms, but can someone tell me how I get all the update files to flash the verizon phone. I see there is a sprint link on the first post which i downloaded and removed the firmware.bin and overwritten the NapaBoth.nb0 but I get a message saying the device is not supported for this update when I do a hard reset with my sd card in place. What am I doing wrong? this is killing me!
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbizzle View Post
    You could give this a shot... this is what I ended up doing...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255
    You aren't following the instructions.

The link that mlbizzle posted I don't recommend. I've bricked my phone with that method. The only time I've bricked my phone using my method is when I screw up the ROM.

I like this a lot on my wx.. but it seems to have a couple issues with pocket internet explorer... When I go to load wmexperts it seems to freeze up.. its REALLY slow at responding.. any advice? Also, for XCPUScalar - does the trial work, or does it need activation - I havnt tried this yet. If there is a much better alternative to PIE I will give it a try, I've never minded PIE when it has worked though. Thanks for any help!
    Hmm....seems there is something weird with that page. I haven't run into this with any other pages I've tried.

Mal, any clues?

I'm going to try and steal a 6.1 PIE as it's supposedly much better. That's for next week though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I have had zero problems with my data, but I'm in 1X. I'll test EVDO as I'm going to be travelling through an area that has it today, and report back.
    It works just fine with no changes... However, should you decide to change/modify the network selection dialog, everything goes haywire...

I was 'checking' the different selections (Home, SelectionA, SelectionB) and even selecting Home (which it was already...) whacked it out...

I did an ##RTN and then an ##MSL and even that did not fix anything... I had to go back (flash...) to WM5, re-provision, and then flash to WM6... I'm using your WM6 rom right now, with zero issues, but I have not even ventured near the network selection...

Just for reference, I tried with Sprint Support as well, and they could not re-provision it either...

-Jason
    Mal, any clues?

I'm going to try and steal a 6.1 PIE as it's supposedly much better. That's for next week though.
    Basically what I've noticed is that PIE on WM6 is faster for "mobile formatted" sites but chokes on full sites pretty badly.

mlbizzle: are you going to the full wmexperts site or the mobile version (http://mobile.wmexperts.com/ )? The mobile version works fine for me.

PIE 6.1 would be cool though.

Other than that, so far so good. I find WM6 faster for some things a bit slower for others (scrolling email, disable keyguard), but it's not that much slower and in fact most won't notice I think.

Overall I'm really digging this and consider it a must for Treo 700wx users. Also, I've been on EvDO and switching between 1x and digital roaming and have had no issues. Haven't touch the network settings too much except to put in the OpenDNS servers and that is working just fine.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I seem to be experiencing problems with PIE and 'm.google.com'. I'm using the WM6 full build.

The site will load 4 KB and then stop.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by bschlinker View Post
    I seem to be experiencing problems with PIE and 'm.google.com'. I'm using the WM6 full build.

The site will load 4 KB and then stop.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    Same exact problem. Not only will it not load, but it also slows my phone drastically! I will still stay with WM6, though! Thanks Ebagg

Edit: I stopped google as soon as i opened pie, then went into options and changed the home page. Pie no longer chokes when starting, and other sites seem to be working just fine!
    Last edited by Longstrider; 06/21/2008 at 06:09 PM.
    ...Esn change w/MTTY ??? Mobile files section
    Ebag, you were right about the ESN check. Called sprint to inquire about the ESN I just Flashed and it was reported as lost or stolen. So....I contacted the guy I got it from to ask him what the deal was and haven't heard anything and probably won't. I bought the phone for parts anyway. $26 bucks. I still have the Verizon Board I can swap back in, but thats too easy. I was researching Changing the ESN of this thing. I have a few Sprint fones in a box from previous service on my account...couple of Sanyos, a couple of mm7400's, a Samsung or 2. These have since retired from my account since I have upgraded a few times. Whats the chance of changing the TREO's Esn to one of the "Out of Service" phones I have? I Imagine the ESN has hidden Details as to what kind of phone it is and like what the Numbers mean. I used to have a list of What Motorola ESN meant..but that was back when Cell phones were the Crux of Hackers and curiosity, Betrayal, and unloyalty always brings technology to the street level. Especially where Loot can be made. Like they were selling Programming cables for Oki fones and flip fones for almost $300. Until somebody disected one and posted the diagram on the web Anyway I know the Art of changing the ESN and NAM info to finger print another phone, my question is what software is Available to do it on this 700wx? not trying to dupe someones fone but just use one of my old fones to get this Tricked out Treo on Sprint. I successfully Re-flashed it over to sprint from Verizon and now with a sprint ESN board. I used Getspc to get the MSL and Read the other info. My last Hurdle...ESN CHANGE!!
    Back in the days of Evil...
    secret codes or "Test Modes" you could put in your fone to where you can listen to the Reverse voice channels of Cell towers and ease drop on 800 channels..Scanner Mods Signal Skinning..
    taking a Bag fone and using it as a ....let me stop. Feds might be reading this..
    All you Young Kats...search for Radiophone and MotBible and all that if you want to know the history of Cellphone Phreaking..
    Cellphone Information is like have a ***** for a Best Friend.. Why?
    Nice to know, But don't Do it!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Basically what I've noticed is that PIE on WM6 is faster for "mobile formatted" sites but chokes on full sites pretty badly.

mlbizzle: are you going to the full wmexperts site or the mobile version (http://mobile.wmexperts.com/ )? The mobile version works fine for me.

PIE 6.1 would be cool though.

Other than that, so far so good. I find WM6 faster for some things a bit slower for others (scrolling email, disable keyguard), but it's not that much slower and in fact most won't notice I think.

Overall I'm really digging this and consider it a must for Treo 700wx users. Also, I've been on EvDO and switching between 1x and digital roaming and have had no issues. Haven't touch the network settings too much except to put in the OpenDNS servers and that is working just fine.
    I was using the full site - I always did with WM5 without any problems.. I put it as my home page in WM6 and UGH! On mobile sites I agree, it is SUPER fast, but it can't handle large sites well at all... its kind of frustrating. I have also noticed that you can't scroll as well while the site is loading like you can in WM5 - could be the cpu not being powerful enough? Does an overclocking program fix this? I'm excited to get my 800w!

Are there any other good alternatives to xcpuscalar anyone?

Ebagg, with my suggestion for using the alternate way to flash the ROM for g35guy86 - my phone would not let me do the flash your way. It would say that I already had the update installed and wouldn't do anything. It worked the other way.. I tried multiple times your way, formating the card, and everything and it just wouldn't do it... Could it be that I have a newer 700wx with the update 1.15 already installed (even after hard reset?)?
    Yes, IE certainly does choke on large sites! I can't get my picture mail. Any way to force mobile picture mail site?
    I have 2ea 700WX from Sprint I flashed both then noticed the issue with the PIE so on one of the devices I went to Phone settings/services/network and changed from home to Automatic A and now I have no service on the phone radio. I am flashing back now to see if I can get the radio to come back on. I was thinking I needed an IOTA to get the data going and I was trying to see if I could force the trio to IOTA when I came to this setting so i made the change. It really didn't have anything to do with what I was trying to accomplish but I did it and now I have a problem. Any Ideas or suggestions?
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    Has anyone experienced the PIE issue in the stripped WM6 ROM? Could it be Pieplus in ROM that is causing the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider View Post
    Has anyone experienced the PIE issue in the stripped WM6 ROM? Could it be Pieplus in ROM that is causing the problem?
    I did what you said and changer the home page in my Treo that's working with WM6 and I am not having any more problems with the data.

On my broken Treo I have tried flashing back with the 1.15 updater and WM6 is gone but some how it flashed back to 1.14, don't ask me man I don't get it. I have downloaded the Sprint updater re-formatted the care and reloaded straight from the updated and I am still getting 1.14 this is weird. I cant launch the 1.15 update without doing the hard reset hold the volume key steps, if I try just putting the card in after a hard reset it comes up with the updater screen when I chose update is says the card is not formatted in fat32 which I know it is. So I go back to the hard reset remove the battery I get the update rom screen I plug in the charger chose yes let the update rum and I get 1.14, phone still has no radio. I even tried a different card.

Maybe its just my Wife's Treo its pretty beat up would someone else who has updated to WM6 and is on Sprint care to try going to Settings/phone/network/ and change from home to Automatic A and see what this causes, BEWARE I MIGHT HAVE BRICKED ONE ALREADY!
    Last edited by Big D5; 06/22/2008 at 12:30 PM.
    My device history. Casio A-10/Cassiopeia E-100/PPC6600/PPC6700/700wx/Moto Q/PPC6700/Mogul/Touch/Mogul/700wx/800w/Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/Palm Pre/Touch Pro
    im using the verizon wm6 build from xda, and i do not have the browser issues stated above. i tried m.google.com and wmexperts.com.
  13.    #373  
    Okay, so EVDO issue is confirmed for me. It also occurs on 1X, so it's a data problem, not an EVDO specific one.

Yeah...I went into the network settings and screwed with them. Oops.

Ebagg, with my suggestion for using the alternate way to flash the ROM for g35guy86 - my phone would not let me do the flash your way. It would say that I already had the update installed and wouldn't do anything. It worked the other way.. I tried multiple times your way, formating the card, and everything and it just wouldn't do it... Could it be that I have a newer 700wx with the update 1.15 already installed (even after hard reset?)?
    My method has worked every time. I have no clue why it wouldn't be working for someone else, sorry.

The only thing I can think of is if you're getting the message that the update is already installed....is WM already loaded when you get that message? Or are you getting it from the boot loader screen?

If it's the first, you're doing it wrong. If it's the second, are you trying to flash with the Sprint ROM upgrade as the base?

PIEPlus doesn't cause the issue. It seems to be changing your network settings hoses it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    I cant launch the 1.15 update without doing the hard reset hold the volume key steps, if I try just putting the card in after a hard reset it comes up with the updater screen when I chose update is says the card is not formatted in fat32 which I know it is. So I go back to the hard reset remove the battery I get the update rom screen I plug in the charger chose yes let the update rum and I get 1.14, phone still has no radio. I even tried a different card.
    Sounds to me like you're doing the steps wrong. The updater runs BEFORE you ever get into Windows. I think that there's a lot of confusion on this for several people, so I'm trying to stress this.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    Maybe its just my Wife's Treo its pretty beat up would someone else who has updated to WM6 and is on Sprint care to try going to Settings/phone/network/ and change from home to Automatic A and see what this causes, BEWARE I MIGHT HAVE BRICKED ONE ALREADY!
    I'm going to play with the network settings today and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
    im using the verizon wm6 build from xda, and i do not have the browser issues stated above. i tried m.google.com and wmexperts.com.
    If you haven't futzed with the network settings, you should be fine.
  14.    #374  
    Okay, so EVDO issue is confirmed for me. It also occurs on 1X, so it's a data problem, not an EVDO specific one.

Yeah...I went into the network settings and screwed with them. Oops.
    Update:

This appears to be a PIE issue, not a data issue. Other data proggies (such as Opera Mini) work great.

I will investigate a 6.1 version of PIE, hopefully this will correct the issue.

If anyone's having problems with all data, not just PIE, please let me know. In the meantime I recommend installing (as a work-around) another browser such as Opera Mini.
    Well I think it is a data issue, as when it goes to digital roaming. It claims I'm roaming on Sprints towers. The towers I'm roaming on have a different sid.(1101 and a nid of 0). Maybe Verizon has the rom coded to display Sprint when it roam, but then again it doesn't say Verizon when it doesn't roam.

Then i looked into it a lot more deeper and when i set it to Automatic A or B it roams on Sprint cdma tower at 800mhz. (which for me isnt any better as it has the same signal strength and no EVDO)

Verizon did something to the data implication so that the rom could only be used for their phones. Maybe only allow it to roam on 800mhz.

After doing this, setting it back to Home (nid,sid;4162,76)gets you no signal even with a soft reset. and reactivation. After a rtn reset and reprogram I'm able to use home again.

It is resourceful to note that i didnt soft reset after setting each.

Is it possible to just overwrite this rom's connection manager(?) with that of the original Sprint rom. I wish I knew more about this type of stuff, but I'm learning.

My browser choice is purely based on features like flash. I have tried Opera 9.5 latest build on wm6 and wm5 and runs too slow to enjoy. So the only other flash enabled would be skyfire (still waiting for beta 2) or to use PIE with PIEPlus and flash plugin w/tcmp and adobe flash activex.

With all that said this is an aging device even though I only had it for 2 weeks. So following my 2 weeks new phone clause, the mogul or the touch is looking really good right now. Maybe this device should only run wm5.
  16.    #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdollahz View Post
    Well I think it is a data issue, as when it goes to digital roaming. It claims I'm roaming on Sprints towers. The towers I'm roaming on have a different sid.(1101 and a nid of 0). Maybe Verizon has the rom coded to display Sprint when it roam, but then again it doesn't say Verizon when it doesn't roam.

Then i looked into it a lot more deeper and when i set it to Automatic A or B it roams on Sprint cdma tower at 800mhz. (which for me isnt any better as it has the same signal strength and no EVDO)

Verizon did something to the data implication so that the rom could only be used for their phones. Maybe only allow it to roam on 800mhz.

After doing this, setting it back to Home (nid,sid;4162,76)gets you no signal even with a soft reset. and reactivation. After a rtn reset and reprogram I'm able to use home again.
    Hmm. I assume you're with Sprint.

Did you flash the Verizon firmware onto your phone?

I'm not experiencing the same issues as you at all.
    I changed to the stripped rom yesterday -- no problems with PIE. 'm.google.com' works.

I will not use the full ROM if there is potentially a problem with the PIEPlus included.
    PIEPlus doesn't cause the issue. It seems to be changing your network settings hoses it.

I know there is something up with the "full" WM6 rom and 'm.google.com'

It does not have to do with changing the network settings. I'm pretty confident that DOES have to do with PIEPlus. However, if I use just the stripped WM6 build you provided, the PIE in that loads 'm.google.com' fine. Thats why I'm confident it is something in the full build -- and won't use that for the moment. (Not complaining -- I just need it to work)

However, the EVDO issue occurs if you mess around with the network settings -- I do agree with you on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
    The XDA build does not have PIEPlus. That appears to be the difference here.
    Hmm. I assume you're with Sprint.

Did you flash the Verizon firmware onto your phone?

I'm not experiencing the same issues as you at all.
    Yes, I flashed the rom posted on the second post of this thread.

I'm staying with Take one of wm5 until another rom is released anywhere on the net.

Also I did have to flash back to wm5 then to wm6 again to get data work again just like the xda rom which I am assuming are quite similar.

I explained a different problem kinda got sidetracked a bit.
    Last edited by nickdollahz; 06/22/2008 at 05:35 PM.