Page 18 of 104 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
  1.    #341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skil-Krane View Post
    Anyway, I changed the little Board that had the Original Sprint ESN and exchanged it with the Verizon one. It shows the proper SPRINT ESN and MIN from the previous guy who owned it. I just hope its a good ESN.
    You'll find out if it's good or not real quick.

If you can't activate the Sprint ESN for some reason, swap back in the Verizon one and go rep shopping until you find someone who will activate an off network phone. I know they can, they usually just don't like to.

The only thing though is when you check the Software version it still shows 1.12xx VZW etc. But, I get the Sprint Splash screen when i power it up!!!!!Thats what I wanted! How do I change it so that it will show the proper Software version .
    The version is set in some of the .ini (I think) files. Don't sweat it though, I'm running the Verizon 1.24 ROM and it still reads Sprint 1.15. I regularly switch between the WM5 Sprint and Verizon numbers (so I can play Sudoku ) and have had no issues.

Does anybody remember the Access codes you key in like when you dial up sprints Customer service when you want to do an ESN Swap? They tell this code to punch in..i don't remember what it was.
    I don't off-hand, but I know they're posted on the forums. Trying to get my ROM finished so I can get to bed.

Is there anything else i need to do?
    Flash to WM6?
  2.    #342  
    WM6 Full ROM is up!

Download link in second post or download here.

ROM Stats:

Module Count: 22 modules removed
    Module Size: 3,516,928 bytes removed

File Count: 148 files removed
    File Size: 1,662,360 bytes added

Total Count: 170 files/modules removed
    Total Size: 1,854,568 bytes removed
    This is a WM6 (not 6.1) ROM using AKU version 4.2.

There is approx 1.8 megs of free space remaining if you would like to add your own files.

At this point I am not aware of any bugs. If you encounter one, please report it.

Some things I would like to have tested if possible:

1) Bluetooth compatability (car kits, headsets, etc). Especially note the differences between WM5 and WM5.

2) SDHC card compatability. The SD files are dated 4/24/2008, so they are extremely recent. I do not have a 4+ gig SDHC card, so if someone who does have one can test compatability, that'd be great.

3) Anything else you can think of. Try programs, games, files, etc that didn't work very well under WM5. I've already seen an improvement in several games I tested in comparison to WM5. My Redfly compatability has seemed to be improved. That sort of thing.

Please add any feedback, suggestions, jokes, etc into this thread.
    ebag,

Is your WM6 rom specific for Sprint or Verizon? I'm on Sprint and wondering if I should be deleting the firmware file as you advised on the WM5 if you were on VZW.
  4.    #344  
    Quote Originally Posted by bschlinker View Post
    Is your WM6 rom specific for Sprint or Verizon? I'm on Sprint and wondering if I should be deleting the firmware file as you advised on the WM5 if you were on VZW.
    The uploaded files only include the .NB0 file. It does not include anything else.

I leave it up to you to aquire the rest of the pieces. (Though I tell you how in the first post.)

If you use the Sprint 1.15 updater as suggested in the first post, then you don't have to do anything (though it shouldn't hurt it if you did delete it). If you're using the updater as posted by NightRaven on XDA, then you need to delete the firmware file as that's a Verizon updater.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Ebag,

Do you have a file list for the WM6 Full Rom? I couldn't wait so i flashed the WM6 trimmed and it seems very stable so far. Thanks a milli

*Edit: Man, I just tried skyfire on this thing and the videos from youtube runs pretty good. My hat goes off to you. Thanks again.

Boss
    Last edited by ceoprez; 06/20/2008 at 07:30 AM.
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by ceoprez View Post
    Do you have a file list for the WM6 Full Rom? I couldn't wait so i flashed the WM6 trimmed and it seems very stable so far. Thanks a milli
    I'm at work so I'm afraid I really won't be able to. And I'm headed out camping, so after work I'll be too busy to do anything really.

Just download the ROM and use my kitchen (and GUI) to see what's in there.

But as a short list, take everything in my final WM5 ROM, remove Sprite Backup, add Pocket Kobo (addicting game!) and Dash Wire, and you got my WM6 ROM. Roughly.

I thought some of you might be interested in this, and what the upgraded AKU means.

Treo's by default were on AKU 2.3 (IIRC).

Reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_kit_upgrade

AKU 2.3
    bug fixes.

AKU 2.5
    bug fixes.
    SmartDial from the Today screen
    added ability to change dialing font color

AKU 2.6
    bug fixes.
    zooming (up to 2x) for video clips played back in Windows Media Player.

AKU 3.0
    language provisioning (enabling local manufacturers to add as many languages to a device as its onboard memory can store)
    WiFi connection wizard (new Internet Sharing utility replaces Modem Link).
    WPA2 support for WiFi
    Quick start wizard
    support for 2nd display (for instance on phones with two displays)
    better SMS handling
    Bluetooth profile "Personal Area Network" (PAN) is added, and "Dial-Up Networking" (DUN) profile is removed.
    vCard contacts can be transferred via SMS.
    SIM card contacts are sorted by Name in general contacts list.
    IE now supports AJAX
    added .Net Compact Framework 2.0
    added ability to save SMS to SIM card
    added support for SMS over GPRS

AKU 3.2
    updated Bluetooth stack that opens up even more tethered connectivity options
    I haven't found any information past AKU 3.2.
    Ok...The Flash went off without a Hitch. Success!! I will call Sprint in a few days to see if I can get this ******* on my account. Thanks Ebag.. U R the Man! Thanks for pointing me in the right Direction. Is there anything else i need to do?
    This takes me back to the Old school days of Oki 900's and Mot flip fones and all that Loader.bin stuff. Taking an old bag phone and turning it into a loader etc. Real heads know what I mean...Anyway, I changed the little Board that had the Original Sprint ESN and exchanged it with the Verizon one. It shows the proper SPRINT ESN and MIN from the previous guy who owned it. I just hope its a good ESN..Either way, I don't really care I just wanted to see If this could be done. The only thing though is when you check the Software version it still shows 1.12xx VZW etc. But, I get the Sprint Splash screen when i power it up!!!!!Thats what I wanted! How do I change it so that it will show the proper Software version . Even though it still shows Verizon VZW etc, its Heartbeat Pumps Sprint....Anybody know? Oh yeah when I tried to dial out I got the Sprint Network lol!
    -also -
    Does anybody remember the Access codes you key in like when you dial up sprints Customer service when you want to do an ESN Swap? They tell this code to punch in..i don't remember what it was.

Ebag! Big ups to you man! No Doubt!
    _skil_
    You can just change esn of any Treo 700p,wx etc with my mtty method, see mobile files forum for details. I remember changing imei with parallel cable on analog (pre-tdma) phones.. and listen in analog conversations.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Ebag:

SDHC is not working on my device. Tried two different cards, neither showed at all.

Regular SD card works. Just gotta find the right driver I suppose

I'll test some BT tonight. Should be interesting as my BlueAnt Z9 and Jawbone 2 (new) both have the disconnect issue--hope it solves it.

Also, you and everyone else here got frontpaged again:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/wm...d_onto_tr.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    don't know if i am brave enough to try the upgrade wm6, but if the 320x320 screen from the 700p would work with it i will load her up with wm6.

Any takers to try installing the 320x320 screen with the wm6?
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  10.    #350  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ebag:

SDHC is not working on my device. Tried two different cards, neither showed at all.

Regular SD card works. Just gotta find the right driver I suppose
    Very odd. I would have expected that such recent drivers would have worked straight out of the box.

I'll try and track down some WM6/6.1 drivers that support it. Hmm, I might have to pony up the cash and buy a 4 gig SDHC card...anyone know where I can pick up a cheap one that works?

I'll test some BT tonight. Should be interesting as my BlueAnt Z9 and Jawbone 2 (new) both have the disconnect issue--hope it solves it.
    BT seems more stable with my Redfly. I don't use a lot of BT devices regularly, so that's my main comparison. It also feels faster, but that very well could be purely my imagination.

Also, you and everyone else here got frontpaged again:
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/wm...d_onto_tr.html
    Thanks Mal!

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta
    Best part? There are two versions: one is a "trimmed down" setup, where a bunch of unnecessary files have been junked saving space and making it speedier and suitable for making your own "custom ROM". The other is just straight up WM6.
    There's actually three versions. NightRaven's WM6 (which I believe is a Verizon 1.23 ROM), my stripped, and my full.

Incidentally mine are 1.24, though there aren't any serious differences other than changing the branding from HTC to Palm. Very odd that.

Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    don't know if i am brave enough to try the upgrade wm6, but if the 320x320 screen from the 700p would work with it i will load her up with wm6.

Any takers to try installing the 320x320 screen with the wm6?
    The Palm's use an entirely different boot loader. Won't work.

/me edits

Oh, just as a datapoint, unlike the custom WM5 ROM where I didn't notice a difference with xCPUScalar (and I wouldn't consider it required), I do notice a difference with WM6. It doesn't make it faster per-say, but WM6 without the boosted CPU tends to hang up at weird places (loading pages, refreshing screen, changing apps, etc). Hitting the OK button multiple times fixes it, but it's annoying. With the boosted CPU that goes away.

So:

Stock WM5: xCPUScalar required
    Custom WM5: xCPUScalar not required

Stock WM6: xCPUScalar required
    WM6: xCPUScalar required
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/20/2008 at 08:42 PM.
    Ebag333, ive been watching this thread from its inception and i must say you have done a great job. Now i am hoping is the part i have been waiting for. you said you were going to see if you could port some wm6 items to wm5. do you think its possible to get html email and bluetooth items ported? if not i will try to upgrade to wm6. will i be able to get back to 5 if i dont like 6? Many thanks bro.
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    you said you were going to see if you could port some wm6 items to wm5. do you think its possible to get html email and bluetooth items ported?
    Honestly I'm not sure. Every attempt I've made has failed to work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfone View Post
    if not i will try to upgrade to wm6. will i be able to get back to 5 if i dont like 6? Many thanks bro.
    Go with WM6. If you really hate it, you can always go back to WM5. I've switched back and forth quite a bit.
    ebag,
    I just want to personally thank you (and everyone else) for the hard work put into this.

I have been following this thread since ppcgeeks and watched it grow.

I took the plunge and flashed my phone to the wm6 rom, and wow, it went smooth as could be! wm6 is a ton faster, imo, than wm5.

maybe i will tackle rom building one day, but as for today, I am very happy staying where I am at with the wm6 build!

once again, thank you!!!
    Hi,

Great work on the rom. I had two questions for you:

1. What palm tweaks are missing in the 6.0 Rom?

2. I had expected WM6 to be slower than WM5 but it sounds like that might not be the case. So, is WM6 slower than WM5?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    WM6 Full ROM is up!

At this point I am not aware of any bugs. If you encounter one, please report it.
    Well, from the start, I told myself, "Keep back... wait for the issues to work themself out..."

Do you think I can follow my own advice?

In any case, cross posting from xda...

Quote Originally Posted by rellthag View Post
    i have no idea what im doing wrong. my evdo doesnt reconnect anymore even when im back to wm5. i think i messed something up when i flashed it. like i said this is my very first phone flash, any suggestions?
    and

Quote Originally Posted by ianandamy View Post
    reflash your phone with the wm5 1.15 sprint update completely setup the phone get it working with evdo and everything activate the phone too.

then take the sd card out of your phone and put the nap file wm6 into the sd card it will ask it you want to replace the old nap file click ok. do a soft reset. then do the update again (do not hard reset or reset the radio at all.) then you activate you phone again. the evdo settings will auto transfer. everything will be good and do not move the phone roaming control settings doing this causes an error and you will lose all service but roaming.
    In short, the WM6 upgrade/update DOES work... with one caveat. DO NOT change your NETWORK settings (from HOME...) to anything else that is listed. Once you do that (with Sprint...) you will be unable to connect to any DATA (EVDO...). In addition, if you are unfamiliar with performing a ##RTN and have the MSL (Master Subsidy Lock...) to do so, you will not have a phone either...

I'm not sure what the actual issue is with the actual connections, but it is/can be a doozy if you are not informed.

-Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Very odd. I would have expected that such recent drivers would have worked straight out of the box.

I'll try and track down some WM6/6.1 drivers that support it.
    In addition to the SDHC drivers, I am sure that quite a few folks would prefer the Palm Messaging as opposed to the standard WM6 messaging for text...

Considering that WM6 'requires' XCPUScalar for 'best' operation, could you put it in the ROM? The TRIAL only requires activation as far as I know...

-Jason
    Im sorta new at at flashing roms, but can someone tell me how I get all the update files to flash the verizon phone. I see there is a sprint link on the first post which i downloaded and removed the firmware.bin and overwritten the NapaBoth.nb0 but I get a message saying the device is not supported for this update when I do a hard reset with my sd card in place. What am I doing wrong? this is killing me!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I like this a lot on my wx.. but it seems to have a couple issues with pocket internet explorer... When I go to load wmexperts it seems to freeze up.. its REALLY slow at responding.. any advice? Also, for XCPUScalar - does the trial work, or does it need activation - I havnt tried this yet. If there is a much better alternative to PIE I will give it a try, I've never minded PIE when it has worked though. Thanks for any help!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by g35guy86 View Post
    Im sorta new at at flashing roms, but can someone tell me how I get all the update files to flash the verizon phone. I see there is a sprint link on the first post which i downloaded and removed the firmware.bin and overwritten the NapaBoth.nb0 but I get a message saying the device is not supported for this update when I do a hard reset with my sd card in place. What am I doing wrong? this is killing me!
    You could give this a shot... this is what I ended up doing...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbizzle View Post
    You could give this a shot... this is what I ended up doing...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255
    thanks for the help that worked fine. WM6 update makes my phone much faster loading windows and launching applications. very nice. Now just if I can change the sprint welcome screen to verizon