Page 17 of 104 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
    I have a Verizon 700wx and I want to Flash it over to Sprint. Has anyone done this? If so please direct me to where I can get the Tools to do so. Thanks

SK
  2.    #322  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skil-Krane View Post
    I have a Verizon 700wx and I want to Flash it over to Sprint. Has anyone done this?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Skil-Krane View Post
    If so please direct me to where I can get the Tools to do so. Thanks
    Read the first three posts.

(If you include the Sprint firmware.bin, you'll flash it to sprint's phone firmware. Note that Sprint may give you trouble about activating it on their network as the MSN won't be in their database.)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    (If you include the Sprint firmware.bin, you'll flash it to sprint's phone firmware. Note that Sprint may give you trouble about activating it on their network as the MSN won't be in their database.)
    Are you sure that firmware.bin gets written? Two times the string "Sprint" occur and once the string "Sprint Provisioning" is there and they are mirrored in nvm_display and nvm_palm0. Yet changes to those strings in firmware.bin are not seen in nvm_display or nvm_palm0.

If you change nvm_display or nvm_palm0 and do an RTN with the changed firmware.bin, "Sprint" shows back up.
  4.    #324  
    Quote Originally Posted by techsign View Post
    Are you sure that firmware.bin gets written?
    That's my understanding.

In NightRaven's thread on the other forum (XDADevs) a few people have accidentally changed their phones over to verizon (as that's a Verizon ROM and firmware). So I know it works at least that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by junk0 View Post
    Continued from above. When adding .bmp and .mp3 the will not open on device.

The .bmp which I tried by themselves are attached.

Steps:
    1) copy .nb0 into Cooking folder
    2)run bat 1 - tear down rom
    2 files Imgfs... created in cooking folder

If you have any ideas please let me know.
    The GUI (without changing any other software) has made this work for me. Same files and all.

The only difference I see (besides that the GUI used the scripts) is that only 1 file is added and removed at a time where I was trying to do 2 or more at a time. I'll have to do some more testing without the gui script and also look at the gui script to see what was happening.

Thanks Ebag333!
  6.    #326  
    I *THINK* I'm about done with my trimmed ROM (Verizon 1.24 WM6).

278 files removed.
    8,943,234 bytes removed.

I will attempt to remember to upload this tonight when I get home.

Anyone interested?
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Sure. I'd be more than willing to give it a spin.
  8.    #328  
    The only difference I see (besides that the GUI used the scripts) is that only 1 file is added and removed at a time where I was trying to do 2 or more at a time.
    Shift and CTRL are your friends.

I've added/removed many files at a time. When adding you have to select the files themselves however, you cannot select a directory and add all the files inside of it.
    I *THINK* I'm about done with my trimmed ROM (Verizon 1.24 WM6).

278 files removed.
    8,943,234 bytes removed.

I will attempt to remember to upload this tonight when I get home.

Anyone interested?
    I want to add that when this ROM isn't trimmed it is VERY similar to WM5 stock. Ebag is kind of a snob when it comes to his Treo

He is right, WM5 is quicker than WM6, but nothing the regular joes like us wouldn't recognize. The trimmed rom is no where near as fast (at least mine wasn't) as Ebag's WM5 trimmed... that is probably because he UPX's the crap out of everything and anything he can
  10.    #330  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    He is right, WM5 is quicker than WM6, but nothing the regular joes like us wouldn't recognize. The trimmed rom is no where near as fast (at least mine wasn't) as Ebag's WM5 trimmed... that is probably because he UPX's the crap out of everything and anything he can
    Compare Win2k to WinXP. 2k is (nearly) always faster, simply because it's a lighter OS.

The speed difference is between the two OS's, not UPXing. UPXing actually slows things down (such as UPXing welcome.exe....makes it take a bit longer to reboot).

For nearly everything (that can be), UPXing is worth it though as it free's up tons of space.

I haven't forgotten you yet, Darth Pooh. I'm on my way home now and will upload everything when I get there.
    Compare Win2k to WinXP. 2k is (nearly) always faster, simply because it's a lighter OS.

The speed difference is between the two OS's, not UPXing. UPXing actually slows things down (such as UPXing welcome.exe....makes it take a bit longer to reboot).

For nearly everything (that can be), UPXing is worth it though as it free's up tons of space.

I haven't forgotten you yet, Darth Pooh. I'm on my way home now and will upload everything when I get there.
    Eh, I didn't think you did. I started UPXing my EXE's... you're very right about some of them breaking the ROM. It is hit or miss, but I like the trial and error of it all... most of the crap I got out is going to make it worth the headache.
    Ebag333 -

Does the WM6 include the new mobile IE? Have you noticed any better browsing?
  13.    #333  
    Does the WM6 include the new mobile IE? Have you noticed any better browsing?
    It includes a newer version of IE. As for better browsing....not really.

Actually what I noticed the most was Media Player's streaming. It's streaming *MUCH* better than it was, though every 10-30 minutes I get stuck in this buffering loop where it keeps trying to buffer every few seconds. Restarting the stream usually fixes it, and no buffering for 10-30 more minutes.

Very odd.
    It includes a newer version of IE. As for better browsing....not really.

Actually what I noticed the most was Media Player's streaming. It's streaming *MUCH* better than it was, though every 10-30 minutes I get stuck in this buffering loop where it keeps trying to buffer every few seconds. Restarting the stream usually fixes it, and no buffering for 10-30 more minutes.

Very odd.
    Only thing I could say that was noticed for me was the vast improvement in Office stuff. Other than that... memory handling was the same. I think that is because of the Palm tweaks to help with memory management... being stuck at AKU 2.3 wasn't such a big deal to be honest now that you have something to compare it to. HTML email... meh...
  15.    #335  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    memory handling was the same.
    I don't believe this is true. The memory management in WM6 seems far superior. I had an extremely difficult time getting the free memory below 30 megs when running multiple programs (not just 1 that's eating up all the memory). With WM5 it was usually floating around 10 megs.

Seems that WM6 closes and free's up memory much sooner than WM5. It might be just that simple, but I like it.
  16.    #336  
    WM6 release!

Take a peak at the second post or download here.

I've provided a stripped/UPX'd WM6 ROM that has tons of room in it. Mmmm...comfy!

My full WM6 ROM is still forthcoming, but I anticipate all of the previously added programs that you saw in WM5 (sans Sprite Backup) and then a few. Oh, and you'll have about 2 megs extra space to install whatever little bits you so desire.

The stripped ROM is running ~8 megs free space. I need to update my kitchen to handle the WM6 ROM file size numbers (as the 1.15 Sprint WM5 ROM has a bug in one of the files that makes the file size seem weird).
    good lookin out, ebag. thanks for your hard work.

when should we expect the full wm6? if its soon, ill wait to flash it with that image.

thanks.
  18.    #338  
    Quote Originally Posted by illwafer View Post
    when should we expect the full wm6? if its soon, ill wait to flash it with that image.
    Wait.
    I don't believe this is true. The memory management in WM6 seems far superior. I had an extremely difficult time getting the free memory below 30 megs when running multiple programs (not just 1 that's eating up all the memory). With WM5 it was usually floating around 10 megs.

Seems that WM6 closes and free's up memory much sooner than WM5. It might be just that simple, but I like it.
    I think what I meant to say... was that with WM6's better memory management and WM5's less bloat... they feel about the same. Sometimes, I don't type what I mean... and just assume people know what I am talking about. Sorry.
    Yes

Read the first three posts.

Ok...The Flash went off without a Hitch. Success!! I will call Sprint in a few days to see if I can get this ******* on my account. Thanks Ebag.. U R the Man! Thanks for pointing me in the right Direction. Is there anything else i need to do?
    This takes me back to the Old school days of Oki 900's and Mot flip fones and all that Loader.bin stuff. Taking an old bag phone and turning it into a loader etc. Real heads know what I mean...Anyway, I changed the little Board that had the Original Sprint ESN and exchanged it with the Verizon one. It shows the proper SPRINT ESN and MIN from the previous guy who owned it. I just hope its a good ESN..Either way, I don't really care I just wanted to see If this could be done. The only thing though is when you check the Software version it still shows 1.12xx VZW etc. But, I get the Sprint Splash screen when i power it up!!!!!Thats what I wanted! How do I change it so that it will show the proper Software version . Even though it still shows Verizon VZW etc, its Heartbeat Pumps Sprint....Anybody know? Oh yeah when I tried to dial out I got the Sprint Network lol!
    -also -
    Does anybody remember the Access codes you key in like when you dial up sprints Customer service when you want to do an ESN Swap? They tell this code to punch in..i don't remember what it was.

Ebag! Big ups to you man! No Doubt!
    _skil_