Page 15 of 104 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Okay, both problems seemed to have been solved by not running the update within Windows. Thanks
    So i have read about 90% of this post and i swear i am doing everything right. Every time i push "up" to start loading the new rom, a white screen with the words "Checking SD card..." Comes up. I have waited for up to 30 minutes to see if it takes that long and i have tried several times. I am formatted with Fat32..(did it a few times), Downloaded the "Ebag Full ROM - Final" 3 times and transferred it to my SD card on my laptop(built in card reader). Added the other files to SD card also (firmare.md5, firmare.bin, NapaBoth.md5, The Ebag NapaBoth.nb0, and folder 2577. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by commo27 View Post
    So i have read about 90% of this post and i swear i am doing everything right. Every time i push "up" to start loading the new rom, a white screen with the words "Checking SD card..." Comes up. I have waited for up to 30 minutes to see if it takes that long and i have tried several times. I am formatted with Fat32..(did it a few times), Downloaded the "Ebag Full ROM - Final" 3 times and transferred it to my SD card on my laptop(built in card reader). Added the other files to SD card also (firmare.md5, firmare.bin, NapaBoth.md5, The Ebag NapaBoth.nb0, and folder 2577. Anyone have any ideas?
    The only file you actually need on the SD card is NapaBoth.nb0. The other files are used for customizations after the new rom is loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertAdrian View Post
    The only file you actually need on the SD card is NapaBoth.nb0. The other files are used for customizations after the new rom is loaded.
    That is wrong. You need all the files on the SD card. If you don't have them there is nothing that actually runs Napaboth.nb0.

If you are on Sprint download the sd card updater. extract the files and put them on an SD card. If you want a custom ROM replace the NapaBoth.nb0 file with your custom one.

If you are on anything but Sprint delete the firmware.bin file and follow the same instructions above.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    That is wrong. You need all the files on the SD card. If you don't have them there is nothing that actually runs Napaboth.nb0.

If you are on Sprint download the sd card updater. extract the files and put them on an SD card. If you want a custom ROM replace the NapaBoth.nb0 file with your custom one.

If you are on anything but Sprint delete the firmware.bin file and follow the same instructions above.
    That's not right. I have flash three phones repeatedly without any problems as I am testing changes. The only file on my sd card is the current version of my customized wm6 ROM. Give it a try, it does work.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertAdrian View Post
    That's not right. I have flash three phones repeatedly without any problems as I am testing changes. The only file on my sd card is the current version of my customized wm6 ROM. Give it a try, it does work.
    I am glad it is working for you, but the instructions say to include everything. I am not willing to try anything different. Not willing to risk my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    I am glad it is working for you, but the instructions say to include everything. I am not willing to try anything different. Not willing to risk my phone.
    I guess that is the advantage of having several broken phones...
    Well i am pretty sure i did all of that Larry, I grabbed the all the files from the link that was posted in the first post, the updater(v1.15), i then downloaded the final rom that ebagg made and replaced the file (NapaBoth.nb0) with his. Transferred it to the SD card which was previously formatted to FAT32. and then went through the instructions. Everything is going fine until its asks "press up to format"..I press up and then it gets stuck on "Checking SD card..." I also checked my phone to verify i have the updater v1.15 already installed as of a few months ago. Any ideas?

ok i figured it out...PPC geeks have different instructions and they worked for whatever reason....ill see how it is when ts done....
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=24255

Thanks for the help....i didnt try the one file by itself.....
    I added a link to my WM6 Alltel Branded ROM at xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=397134
    Ok, I'm in trouble. I wanted WM6 bad. So, after seeing that posting on xdadevelopers I decided to flash with WM6. It was Verizon but I figured it would be OK. It wasn't.

After flashing the WM6 my phone would no longer use Sprint towers. It was stuck in Roaming. there wasn't even the normal options in Settings > Phone > Services. there were only 3 options. And the one that said Network gave me little options. I selected Home and could get no service at all. the other 2 options, A&B were roaming only.

so I flashed back to ebag's final ROM. now I have the normal options but still if I select Home Networks Only I get no service, the other two options I only get Roaming.

Can anybody help? Please?
  12.    #292  
    Quote Originally Posted by commo27 View Post
    PPC geeks have different instructions and they worked for whatever reason....
    Personally I don't recommend running the update from within WM. It's lead to a bricked phone several times for me (with a perfectly good update).

My instructions should work if you followed everything correctly. Not sure why it's not working in your case.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    Ok, I'm in trouble. I wanted WM6 bad. So, after seeing that posting on xdadevelopers I decided to flash with WM6. It was Verizon but I figured it would be OK. It wasn't.

After flashing the WM6 my phone would no longer use Sprint towers. It was stuck in Roaming. there wasn't even the normal options in Settings > Phone > Services. there were only 3 options. And the one that said Network gave me little options. I selected Home and could get no service at all. the other 2 options, A&B were roaming only.

so I flashed back to ebag's final ROM. now I have the normal options but still if I select Home Networks Only I get no service, the other two options I only get Roaming.

You will need to reprogram your phone.
    To do this you will need to do a few things first.

1. Call Sprint (or whatever carrier you have) and get your MSID + HOME SID.

2. MSL - Can be found by using a program called GETSPC. (search ppcgeeks forum for it.) (Or P.M. me your esn and i'll give you your msl.)

3. Once you have your MSL you would dial ## and then your msl, for example if your MSL is 000000 you would dial ##000000.

4. Enter the information in that screen that you have and press Save.

5. Your phone will now work again.

Check your PRL version
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Check your PRL version
    PRL is 20229, I think that's the latest. I called Sprint and had them update it, I assume they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    You will need to reprogram your phone.
    To do this you will need to do a few things first.

1. Call Sprint (or whatever carrier you have) and get your MSID + HOME SID.

2. MSL - Can be found by using a program called GETSPC. (search ppcgeeks forum for it.) (Or P.M. me your esn and i'll give you your msl.)

3. Once you have your MSL you would dial ## and then your msl, for example if your MSL is 000000 you would dial ##000000.

4. Enter the information in that screen that you have and press Save.

5. Your phone will now work again.
    My MSID is correct, and Sprint Tech Support said they never enter anything in the SID, they leave it blank.

Any more ideas? I'm getting desperate now.
    PRL is 20229, I think that's the latest. I called Sprint and had them update it, I assume they did.
    In 700p/755p Sprint phones (IIRC) you can set your "home sid" in the ##DATA, advanced... or ##MSL, then SID.. have you already selected Home Only and check with ##DEBUG that you ARE on a roaming SID?

Otherwise you would need qpst to fix it.
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My MSID is correct, and Sprint Tech Support said they never enter anything in the SID, they leave it blank.

Any more ideas? I'm getting desperate now.

I'm sorry I left off one step. The most important, and the real 1st step. You have to do a RTN reset first. ##RTN (##786). And from that screen you have to click on reset or whatever it says. From there you would do the ##MSL (##000000 or whatever your msl is) and reenter all of the information. I had the exact same problem before with the roaming issue and no service.

P.S. - Tech Support is wrong... the SID is how your phone knows when it is and isn't roaming. You always enter in a SID when programming your phone. If they can't give it to you just give me your area code and exchange (the second set of numbers in your phone number) and I will tell you what your SID is.
    Last edited by kwyatt; 06/07/2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: srint tech support sux.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    I'm sorry I left off one step. The most important, and the real 1st step. You have to do a RTN reset first. ##RTN (##786). And from that screen you have to click on reset or whatever it says. From there you would do the ##MSL (##000000 or whatever your msl is) and reenter all of the information. I had the exact same problem before with the roaming issue and no service.

P.S. - Tech Support is wrong... the SID is how your phone knows when it is and isn't roaming. You always enter in a SID when programming your phone. If they can't give it to you just give me your area code and exchange (the second set of numbers in your phone number) and I will tell you what your SID is.
    Hey! it worked! My friend you are a genius.

I did the ##RTN reset. my phone rebooted, but was stuck in Bootloader screen forever. I tried another soft reset & a hard reset but wouldn't get past Bootloader screen. So, I flashed the Sprint SD updater, & after it reset it was still stuck in Bootloader. My heart sank, oh no! It's brcked. But, thought I'll just leave it and see what happpens. So, I set it down and after a few minutes it all a sudden started loading. Once it loaded up I turned the phone on and right away it grabbed a Sprint signal.

Thanks very much to all for the help.
    just wanted to chime in to say i flashed my sprint 700wx with the verizonized wm6 rom over on xda forums. i had previously installed ebag's take 1 and did not hard reset before wm6.

everything seems fine. i do not have the evdo issue.

i will, however, say that html email is disappointing. totally lame. i like plain text better.