Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4549499100101102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2070
    Hello Ebag,
    I have one spare Treo 700w from Verizon I want to test to upgrade with WM6 or higher, Do you have or know the instruction to upgrade it without using SD card, i.e with PC or desktop using the USB cable.

If you do please send it me and send the link of the latest custome Rom which I can use it to upgrade to WM6 or higher.

Thanks a lot

Raj
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but didn't see anyone else w/ this issue so thought I'd ask.

I loaded NR's 1.3 version on my Sprint 700wx. The web search box is missing from the Today screen. And when I go to Settings > Today > Search tab, there are no search providers in the drop-down menu. Any thoughts on this or how I could remedy the problem?

Thanks!
  3. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanderna View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but didn't see anyone else w/ this issue so thought I'd ask.

I loaded NR's 1.3 version on my Sprint 700wx. The web search box is missing from the Today screen. And when I go to Settings > Today > Search tab, there are no search providers in the drop-down menu. Any thoughts on this or how I could remedy the problem?

Thanks!
    That's not a NR 1.3 issue that I know of. Let me research a bit and figure out how to get it back
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceb View Post
    That's not a NR 1.3 issue that I know of. Let me research a bit and figure out how to get it back
    That would be great and really appreciated. I love the NR 1.3, but I use that search box a ton, and need to get it back.

Would re-flashing be useful, or am I likely to get the same result?
  5. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    reflashing won't help. In the interim, go to m.google.com and download the google app. Ypo can add that to your today screen.
    Cheers

Charles
    I have an issue with Night Raven's 1.3 ROM. Using everything standard right out of the box, haven't installed anything new or made any changes. The issue I have is I have a 'text message echo' being sent out everytime I send a text. For example if I send a text to person A, then send another text to person B, person A gets a second copy of the text I sent them. I've deleted all my text messages, done everything short of a hard reset which I'd rather not do but will if I have to.
    Hello, all.
    I'm new to TreoCentral.

I've been hacking around with several Verizon Treo 700w phones.
    One I use as my phone and two that I was given by a colleague.

I wanted to comment on my experience as it relates to some of the posts in this thread about reflashing a 700w to WM 5.x and 6.x.

My 700w froze up one day and stuck at the Treo boot screen. It had the latest Verizon 1.22 update at the time. I tried all sorts of things short of a hard reset. Nothing worked. I researched the problem and found several solutions and I now have some experience with reflashing. I was trying to preserve the data that I never backed up! I was using Exchange sync, so Contacts, Calendar, Notes are saved on the server, but pics and music are gone. Oh well. No big deal.

I was able to get the phone into bootloader mode and I was also able to reflash from the SD card.

I actually flashed a Sprint 1.15 updater rom from the SD card onto the phone to bring it back to life. I think it was WM 5.1, but I'm not 100% positive. It looked different than WM 5.0 and the Sprint splash showed up when powering the phone on/off. The wireless was still Verizon and it still worked fine.

Curious to see If I could go to WM 6.1, I downloaded a Verizon WM 6.1 ROM.

It is possible to reflash a 700w that originally came with WM 5.0 to WM 6.1. The phone and sms/txt work as do most other apps. The problem is that the screen glitches and gets garbled and some screens hang or the OK or X button never go away. I'm not entirely sure, but I think WM 6.x expects a slightly different architecture, perhaps more RAM to be available. Some settings did not seem to stay (Today backgrounds?).

The phone worked, but it was awkward at times and I couldn't get the wireless internet connection to work reliably. Sometimes it worked, but it would fail after a few tries.

I decided I wanted to downgrade and go back to WM 5.0. When I ran the 1.22 updater again, it said the phone did not need the update (since it was at version 1.23). After extracting the updater files, I looked to see if I could hack the the configuration and fool the updater into working. I found payloads.xml and saw the versions high and low that are used to determine if the update is valid. I noticed this is exactly what Ebag333 did and posted on.
    I decided to go a different route and manually update with the ruu file and the ruucmd tool. I wanted to put the phone back the way it was.

I put the phone in bootloader mode:
    1) remove battery and power cord
    2) hold shutter button
    3) insert battery
    4) screen shows ROM and Radio FW versions

Next I plugged in sync cable and power cord.
    I opened a command prompt in the updater files folder and typed: RUUCMD.EXE -asyncoff -asyncon FwAndRom.ruu
    and pressed Enter. (FwAndRom.ruu is the Radio firmware and the ROM)
    RUUCMD prompted for Enter again. Soon the Treo screen showed a message about updating the Radio firmware.
    After a while the message changed to:
    Please wait while your phone is being updated.
    A progress bar appeared at the bottom of the screen.
    Quite a while later, it completed and the phone rebooted.

My Treo is now completely back to WM 5.0 [OS 5.1.195 (Build 14932.2.2)] and fully functional. Phone info shows Verizon 1.22 software version.

So, it is possible to go to newer versions of WM, but unless they are officially released as updates/upgrades or some enterprizing ROMmer fixes the build, there will be glitches.
    It is also entirely possbile to go back to WM 5.0
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    does anyone have a link to any of the roms? perferably a trimmed version?

all i want my treo to do is get/send email/txt with out lag or failure. I think i updated it to 6.1 (about 6 months ago) but its slow and i would like to get a wm6 trimmed. i feel like it will be faster. if anyone has any input into my situation, or any roms i could use, that would be great.

-- all the links on the 2nd post are dead links.

-- i updated back to wm5, but i am not really feeling the layout. any wm6 trimmed roms would be a huge thanks.
    Last edited by wsguede; 05/16/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    OK glad someone brought this thread back to life before I did ). I recently installed NRs 6.1 verizon rom onto my Verizon 700wx and all seemed to go fine except I am no longer able to receive complete text messages. I get from and part of my mobile number and nothing in the message box. Any ideas or suggestions?
    Can anyone help to get the latest prl file for sprint 700wx?? Where I can download it.