Page 103 of 104 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by sportyrydr View Post
    ]...
    I flashed this wx as soon as I got it, so I've never tried any of this stuff in WM5. I wouldn't mind doing that, but I don't want to have to reinstall everything. Will I lose everything I've installed (as in a hard reset) if I flash a different ROM, and if so, is it safe to restore from a WM61 backup to a WM5 installation or a different 6.1 installation?

Oh, and, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    Do NOT event ATTEMPT to restore to WM 5.0 This would be broken in many ways.

Restoring to a different 6.1 should be okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Do NOT event ATTEMPT to restore to WM 5.0 This would be broken in many ways.

Restoring to a different 6.1 should be okay.
    Thanks for the confirmation.
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Hi everyone,
    This question has been asked in the past (on other forums so I thought I'd give it a shot here) but without any answers (that I can find). Since this rom has been out for some time now I was wondering if there were any conclusions or options to resolve this issue.

The Issue is the choppy video playback when viewing recorded videos using the internal video option of the camera.

Is this something that we just have to live with when using this rom or is there a solution via registry edit or something?

Not a big deal to me as this rom is FAR BETTER than the stock rom and I absolutely love wireless bluetooth stereo capabilities and SDHC support
    I would however like this one answered Thanks in advance !
    Yeah... while we're doing pet peeves, I still miss the smallest font size. ROM's still great even without it, but that extra little bit of screen real estate made a difference. Any thoughts on getting that back?
    I don't have one of the big carriers like verizon or sprint. I have metroPCS and am trying to get internet and MMS working on a 700wx from verizon. I don't have a treo serial cable to change settings on the phone. Would you be able to build me a rom for my phone please?
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    [U]Alltel/Bell/Telus - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Verizon - Release 1.3 Build 20931

Sprint - Release 1.3 Build 20931

• CE OS 5.2.20931 (Build 20931.1.5.0)
    • Release 1.2 with the following changes
    • Updated XIP to 20931. Build numbers now match.
    Well, she has had a good run, my Treo 700wx may just be dead soon...

I have been running eBagg's and Night Raven's ROMs since day 1, and never had any major issues.

My touchscreen went out last month, after many attempts to fix it, I gave up and decided to save up to buy a new Treo and/or digitizer.

But now it seems it is going haywire. Among some other quirks, the threaded SMS app no longer shows any of my outgoing messages and new incoming messages don't get threaded, they just appear as individual conversations with only one message inside. Also I cannot leave the phone on for over a few hours without it slowing to a crawl or the current app completely locking up and requiring a battery pull.

Worst of all, the touch screen is out, so I can not hard reset (calibration screen), which I am sure would fix everything!

Anyone want to buy a 700wx for parts? (seriously)
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Are you sure it wasn't something you installed? You said you hadn't done a hard reset yet. I only mention this because yesterday, my touch screen "died", and it ended up being something I had installed that supposedly enables Resco Audio Recorder to TRULY record the other end of the conversation (like on Palm OS) I was able to uninstall that, and after the reset (soft), the touch screen was back. The other thing that was required for the previous one to work (Slide To Answer) would NOT uninstall, and it took up about 3MB of precious storage space. I couldn't do a restore from the previous night's backup, because I didn't have enough space (but Spb indicated that the backup file might be corrupted!). So, I had to do a HARD reset, and then the restore worked.

Anyway...

I got my 700wx on ebay for $75 a couple months ago, and it was LIKE NEW. First thing I did was flash it! I bet you could find something similar on there. A Treo Pro is what I want next (unless I REALLY like the Pre) for the increased memory, etc.

Good luck,
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    No, it is definatly the digitizer that is out.

It started a month or two ago, and the first couple times it stopped working a good cleaning or some tough love would bring it back, after a while though, nothing....

I cannot figure out how to fix the threaded SMS app without a hard reset...

Anyone know how to hard reset and then bypass the alignment screen?
    -Vetack
    VZW 700wx WM6.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 81344songz View Post
    I don't have one of the big carriers like verizon or sprint. I have metroPCS and am trying to get internet and MMS working on a 700wx from verizon. I don't have a treo serial cable to change settings on the phone. Would you be able to build me a rom for my phone please?
    can anybody help me with this?
    Ok - So I downloaded the 6.1 upgrade to sd card and installed ROM. Phone stuck on the Treo screen. Nothing seems to work - Hard reset - Soft reset etc. Tried a few times.

Went back and tried the original ROM from Palm. Same thing - Phone stuck on the Treo screen. Any ideas?

700wx - Verizon
    i saw a picture of someone who flashed wm6 on their device and my first reaction was OMG MUST HAVE! so what did i do? i found ebags roms of epic proportions, did some researching on this forum on how to flash it, and sucessfully did it my first try. now i've been reading through this forum for about 30 pages now, and franky i'm getting a little tired of reading repeats. so i'm going to get right to the point cuz i dont think anyone else has had this problem.

*everything* works on wm6 perfectly. my only issue is sending texts to cricket and verizon owners. they never get any of my texts. it says it successfully sends them, and i can receive them just fine, no delay. sprint and att works perfectly fine.
    at first i thought it was possibly sprints service. then i noticed there was a sms fix for the treo 700wx for wm5 and figured i couldn't use that to fix wm6.

anyone got any advice?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Any possibility of 6.5 being ported on here??
    Has anyone accidently flashed the sprint firmware radio file on their VZW phone and has problems because of it? I just did but it semms to be working fine but not sure yet cuz it was just an hour ago and I haven't been able to go through everything.
    Actually,

There are a couple of people who are working on getting WM6.5 on the
    treo...

When I find the link I will post it - They were having issues with the display
    driver failing to load...
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidsXB View Post
    Ok - So I downloaded the 6.1 upgrade to sd card and installed ROM. Phone stuck on the Treo screen. Nothing seems to work - Hard reset - Soft reset etc. Tried a few times.

Went back and tried the original ROM from Palm. Same thing - Phone stuck on the Treo screen. Any ideas?

700wx - Verizon
    Have you tried going to palm's website and downloading the original ROM and
    the loader for it?

The one I'm talking about is the WM6.0 update verizon and palm issued.
    This ROM update is done via the Sync cable and you must have the charger
    plugged in -

I was about to flash my older sprint 700wx to verizon but the charging port
    is broke.

I have (or did have) a sprint 700wx and a vzw 700wx..
    I dropped the vzw treo and had to replace the screen for it from the
    sprint treo...
    Hi, how do you install a ROM the second time? I'm trying to reinstall nightraven's 1.3 rom for sprint but I can never get it to ask me to flash because the palm 1.15 updater has already been installed. When I hard reset and hold the up button, it boots into windows and tells me, "the update has already been installed". Do I have to boot back to 1.14, then flash to 1.15 with the 6.1 rom?
  17. dll
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    Still checking on why video MMS are not playing in Palm Messaging app on Verizon 700wx. I am now using NightRaven 1.3. Any luck on this? I've tried changing some reg settings in Varnish, but so far no luck. It seems to just convert the video into a series of photos, 12 frames total all the same photo. the audio plays correctly.
    did u ever find a solution to this? I am having the same problem
  18. dll
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    NightRaven,
    Using the Verizon 1.1 the MMS functions correctly except for received video. The first frame of the video is displayed and sound comes through, but that is it. I tried a few setting in the registry but none work so far. Any thoughts?

Treo700wx Verizon
    NR 1.1 Verizon ROM
    Did you ever solve this problem?

Mines doing the same thing
  19. dll
    been bouncing over several forums looking for a solution. got this one twice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    For file comparisons and possibly back-porting.

On a completely different note, here's some information that I hope no one ever has to use. This is after an "oh $#!&" moment.

Here's what I did. I was attempting to integrate the SDHC files into the ROM. No big deal, right? Just two simple DLL's.

Flash went fine, and I jammed my SD card into my device to get some files off it. Hmm, that's odd...it's not showing up.

<insert moment of sheer panic as I realize what I just did>

Anyway, on to how I fixed it (or at least how I hope I fixed it). Note that I have no way of testing this for Verizon, but it should work.

1. Download the PC updater.
    2. Run the self extracting program.
    3. VIA TaskManager, kill the self extracting program.
    4. Search for one of the update files. CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe, DoBootload.exe, FwAndRom.ruu are all files that should be in the update directory. It'll be in a temp directory.
    5. Find the .xml named payloads.xml, and open it in Notepad (or your favorite non-Word text editor).
    6. Change the revision range to be +.01 from what it would be normally. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.23.)
      Code:
      <revision_no>1.16</revision_no>
    7. Change the high revision range to be the version you have. (Theoretically Verizon's would be 1.22.)
      Code:
      <high>1.15</high>
    8. Hook your phone up to your computer VIA USB cable. Make sure ActiveSync is working.
    9. Run: index.hta
    10. Follow instructions as normal.

Like I said, I hope no one else has to try this. But if it ever comes up, here's the information.

Hello Ebag,
    I want to flash my verizon treo 700w to WM6 or greater, Do you have the instruction how I can do it without SD card because I have one spare treo from Verizon where I can test the instruction if it went well then I will do on my other Treo which is active with Verizon.

Please send the instruction if you have to update the treo with PC rather than SD if you have,
    Thanks
    Raj