Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2070
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    NR, did you have any new luck with 6.5?

Can you put IE6 from your 1.3 rom into a cab for a Treo 800w?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbern8 View Post
    NR, did you have any new luck with 6.5?

Can you put IE6 from your 1.3 rom into a cab for a Treo 800w?
    It's not possible to do a ROM upgrade through a cab file. Just an FYI.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    It's not possible to do a ROM upgrade through a cab file. Just an FYI.
    That's not what I was asking for. I'm asking if he can pull IE6 out of his 1.3 ROM, and put IE6 into a CAB.
    does anybody know where i can find the wm6.5 for treo700wx
    pls pls
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    You will need to reprogram your phone.
    To do this you will need to do a few things first.

1. Call Sprint (or whatever carrier you have) and get your MSID + HOME SID.

2. MSL - Can be found by using a program called GETSPC. (search ppcgeeks forum for it.) (Or P.M. me your esn and i'll give you your msl.)

3. Once you have your MSL you would dial ## and then your msl, for example if your MSL is 000000 you would dial ##000000.

4. Enter the information in that screen that you have and press Save.

5. Your phone will now work again.

Pls, I've searched for this code for long but to no avail. I'll be grateful if i could have it. I use Sanyo mvp sprint and my esn dec is 00404783737.
    Thanks.
    Sprint can also give you your MSL if you ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyatt View Post
    You will need to reprogram your phone.
    To do this you will need to do a few things first.

1. Call Sprint (or whatever carrier you have) and get your MSID + HOME SID.

2. MSL - Can be found by using a program called GETSPC. (search ppcgeeks forum for it.) (Or P.M. me your esn and i'll give you your msl.)

3. Once you have your MSL you would dial ## and then your msl, for example if your MSL is 000000 you would dial ##000000.

4. Enter the information in that screen that you have and press Save.

5. Your phone will now work again.
    I stay in Nigeria but the phone i'm using was made by sprint. Please someone should help i need the msl code.Once again my esn is 00404783737.
    Thanks
    NR, First of all thanks for all your time and effort in helping us put new life into these old but favorite phones..

I have installed the 1.3 for verizon onto my 700wx. everything seems to go well except I have no access to my contacts. It wont even open it. I then redid my sprite backup and everything works but still not contacts.. Is this a known issue with a fix?

Also I cant clear text message count from the today screen.

And I seem to have lost MMS ability. cant receive and get no notification of them.

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks
    Well, MAYBE.

I've been powerusing PalmOS for 11 years. I hate to abandon it, but, I feel pressed to start deciding between WM and WebOS. To that end, I decided to pick up a cheap Sprint 700wx on ebay, and I will flash it with WM61 and take the dive! Boy will I miss the 320x320 display! Oh well, there's always the Treo Pro, if I decide to stay with WinMo.

Anyway, one thing I'm wondering about flashing the ROM and phone activation: Should I flash before or after getting it activated? With my PalmOS Treo's, they were already activated when I flashed a custom ROM, and all the phone settings remained. But I don't know how WM would handle that. I saw one post describing to someone how to get the MSL and needing to get their MSID and HomeSID or whatever...it kinda concerned me!

Thanks!
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Definitely activate it first, the MSL wont be a big deal, just ask sprint to add your line to the phone, and sprint will tell exactly what to enter, your MSL and all, write it down for future reference, make sure data and everything else, is working before you flash. Any info you put in will be lost with the flash, but your phone number will stay.
    Definitely activate it first, the MSL wont be a big deal, just ask sprint to add your line to the phone, and sprint will tell exactly what to enter, your MSL and all, write it down for future reference, make sure data and everything else, is working before you flash. Any info you put in will be lost with the flash, but your phone number will stay.
    Thanks, dude. Sorry I took awhile to post back. Everything went great, and I didn't need to re-enter any of that stuff after the flashing.

The MSL the guy gave me was my mobile #; does that sound right? Neither of the reps there had ever heard of Home SID either. Well, it works, and that's all that matters!

Well, back to the search for PalmOS-to-WinMo migration info/tips...
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    You are mixing up msl and msid, msl the six digit number you enter to program the phone, ## your six digit number and then #. msid can be your phone number, or another phone number, it's the number sprint uses to identify your phone line.
    You are mixing up msl and msid, msl the six digit number you enter to program the phone, ## your six digit number and then #. msid can be your phone number, or another phone number, it's the number sprint uses to identify your phone line.
    It was the rep that mixed it up. I know what my MSID is (not the same as my cell#). He's the one that gave me my 10-digit cell# as the MSL. He didn't seem too swift, but at least my phone's working.

Thanks
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Excellent tips .I really appreciate all these points, and I agree completely…
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I feel good that there are people like you too. Thanks for this great weblog of yours. Its surely going to get me to go to higher places!
    Looks like we have a cheater trying to build their post count.
    I like all of your Threads.
    Aaagh... Looks like my luck just ran out. After a successful few months running NightRaven's 1.3 VZW Rom, I just lost the ability to send SMS/MMS. Receiving still works, but sending is shot. The ROM is still great IMO, I guess this is just one of the hazards of running WM.

Verizon call center tried to help, but I can tell its a problem inside the phone because its not even showing the outgoing msgs in the threaded SMS. I'll probably have to do a hard reset. Wondering about 2 things:

* Since I'm using NR's ROM, can I still do a normal hard-reset and retain the custom ROM, or do I need to put the Napaboth.nb0 file on the SDcard and follow the flash procedure all over again?

* Does anyone know an easy way to backup all my email and app settings so I don't have to re-customize the thing after I reset it?

Thanks as usual.
    i was wondering if there was any custom 6.1 roms that were available. I upgraded my treo from 6.0 to 6.1 with a custom rom, but was wondering if there were different ones that you knew about. I was hoping to find a cooked/custom 6.5 rom, but i was told the treo 700wx wouldnt be able to handle it.......any truth to it
    I've been experiencing a certain type of quirk in a number of apps since flashing my 700wx with Nightraven's 1.3 Sprint ROM. It seems to work fine in every other way. The strangeness has to do with apps simply disappearing from memory. Like, closing on their own, when I press a hard button or screen control, and it's very random. I thought it was specific to one app I was trying, Chronos, because sometimes its alarms simply stop or dismiss on their own, when I've pressed the SNOOZE button (hard or soft). I was about to remove Chronos and try Spb Time again, but then I remembered, it had the same problem. I've also had it happen with TealTracker.

I flashed this wx as soon as I got it, so I've never tried any of this stuff in WM5. I wouldn't mind doing that, but I don't want to have to reinstall everything. Will I lose everything I've installed (as in a hard reset) if I flash a different ROM, and if so, is it safe to restore from a WM61 backup to a WM5 installation or a different 6.1 installation?

Oh, and, has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    "Riding for the Son" <><