Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 2070
    Quote Originally Posted by latonaj View Post
    Hey NR... may seem like a dumb questions but what SMS application comes with the 1.3 roms... the Palm Threaded or the default outlook... i mean i am texting in a thread so...lol
    It's Palm Threaded SMS. Even thought WM6.1 has threaded SMS built in, I like the Palm Threaded SMS better. It supports MMS, and it just seems to function better.
    Well done...do you still have and use a 700wx?
    Well done...do you still have and use a 700wx?
    Yes. I still use the 700wx as my main phone.
    Would you mind if I pm'd you NR?
    Would you mind if I pm'd you NR?
    Go ahead...
    Quote Originally Posted by revpd View Post
    Ok - 1.3 is loaded and looking good. I used NightRaven's registry tweak to bring IEM back to PIE-style browsing. (not sure if that has any effect on memory usage) I just loaded up pocket plus and mobile shell, so we'll see how it goes.
    So I've been on 1.3 for almost two weeks (? since NightRaven released it) using Mobile Shell and Pocket Plus... it is awesome!!

Must've been something I did to cause problems last time around because its near flawless since. PIE is working fine, I throw in a cleartemp run every few days, and no lockups. SMS bounces a text back at me every now and then and makes me resend it, but that's nothing. The other stuff I've yet to load are "run occasionally" apps and don't sit in memory like Mobile shell or Pocket plus. First up I'll pop SlingPlayer Mobile back on there, and then the rest. Might skip spb diary this time since mobile shell kinda does that for you now.

Again - really nice work on these ROMs. They're helping me bridge the gap until VZW uncripples their Touch Pro or comes out with a better phone altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkabrahamson View Post
    kitchen download no longer works
    I should still have the original Ebag and NR kitchens up and available at mobileroms.com.

Due to family issues I have not updated the NR stuff since the first couple versions but may get back to doing that sometime soon. Looking at upgrading the software being used for the site...

Rodney
    WM 6.1 -- Updating ROM, Kitchen, OEM....
    I am confused on how to proceed:

1. I have formatted my SD card to FAT32

2. I copied these two files to my SD Card (Transcend 2GB) as shown below:
    A. The OEM file is the Alltel OEM --> NightRaven_Treo700wx_WM6.1_Alltel_OEM
    B. Napaboth.nb0

What do I do now...

1. How do I "place the Alltell OEM folder in the kitchen" ?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by wetsalmon; 02/21/2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wetsalmon View Post
    WM 6.1 -- Updating ROM, Kitchen, OEM....
    I am confused on how to proceed:

1. I have formatted my SD card to FAT32

2. I copied these two files to my SD Card (Transcend 2GB) as shown below:
    A. The OEM file is the Alltel OEM --> NightRaven_Treo700wx_WM6.1_Alltel_OEM
    B. Napaboth.nb0

What do I do now...

1. How do I "place the Alltell OEM folder in the kitchen" ?

Thanks!!
    Only put the .nb0 file on your storage card. You only need to kitchen and the OEM folder if your are building a custom rom. Either way the kitchen and OEM go on your PC not the phone.

1.) Format your SD card as FAT32
    2.) Copy .nb0 file to sd card.
    3.) Place sd card in phone.
    4.) Make sure phone battery is charged.
    5.) Remove battery and power cord.
    6.) Hold the volume up key on the side of the phone while re-inserting battery.
    7.) Press up on the d-pad when prompted.
    8.) connect power cord.
    9.) watch progress bar for 15 to 20 minutes.
    10.) watch phone reboot.
    11.) All done.
    ok, i have cooked rom before on the mogul, touch pro, and diamond. the few kitchens for the 700wx are the hardest yet. i have a few questions... just so everyone knows, i did read first here, xda, and ppcgeeks and never really found any good instruction on how to use these kitchens.

when using ebags kitchen...
    1. i downloaded the kitchen from the second post of this thread. the kitchen that is in the attached zip file. when i extract it there is only the Palm Treo 700w Kitchen.exe and the Palm Treo 700w Kitchen.ahk files. I am sure i am missing a lot. the sys, oem, rom and what not folders are no where.
    2. also, it says
    "I've now provided a GUI wrapper to my kitchen. This does NOT remove the need to download the current files from 4 Shared. Place the GUI into the root directory of the kitchen, and double click Palm Treo 700w Kitchen.exe to launch."
    what does this mean? i have no directory, i see no gui. sorry for the nOOb question but this is way different than the other kitchens.

while searching this thread for kitchen instructions, i found NightRaven released another kitchen and hosted it on xda. so i downloaded it and have more questions...

when using NightRavens kitchen...
    1. i download the sprint oem from NightRavens other post and put it in the directory that the kitchen is.
    2. i run G'Reloc.exe and then Build.bat.
    3. BuildOS starts but there is no options in where i choose the packages i want to include in the rom.

it is as if it included everything. i dont even see a option file anywhere in the folders to edit to no included in the rom. do i just delete the ones i dont want to use?

I like to cook my own. i just want the best wm6.1 rom with my customizations. I dont want wm6.5, IE6, and a bunch of beta sys files. i want a dependable rom. can some one get me going in the right direction?

Thanks, Cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Still checking on why video MMS are not playing in Palm Messaging app on Verizon 700wx. I am now using NightRaven 1.3. Any luck on this? I've tried changing some reg settings in Varnish, but so far no luck. It seems to just convert the video into a series of photos, 12 frames total all the same photo. the audio plays correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by OHSR View Post
    Still checking on why video MMS are not playing in Palm Messaging app on Verizon 700wx. I am now using NightRaven 1.3. Any luck on this? I've tried changing some reg settings in Varnish, but so far no luck. It seems to just convert the video into a series of photos, 12 frames total all the same photo. the audio plays correctly.
    I don't have mms on my account anymore, but when I did most videos worked fine. I ran into a few where there was either no sound, or no video.
    hey Night i have updated my wm5 to wm6.1 pro but it seem like i dont have the msn on it at all and what is the lates rom or the latest for wm6 and would it be possible to install 6.5 lol

tks
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    hey Night i have updated my wm5 to wm6.1 pro but it seem like i dont have the msn on it at all and what is the lates rom or the latest for wm6 and would it be possible to install 6.5 lol

tks
    I was unable to include it in the rom. Here is a link to the .cab installer for it.

Windows Live Mobile with Messenger
    wow tks a lot
    ur the best
    wow tks a lot
    ur the best

hey Night have u read this thread its about 6.5 professional

add the ht... before tht forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=474869
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Why can't I send a pic text message from viewing the pictures, when I click send the SMS option is grayed out, but I can go into a new message and attach it from there.
    Alltel will begin offering the Treo Pro on Thursday March 5th. I have confirmed this with my Alltel account rep!

It's also on the Alltel website!
    Last edited by NightRaven; 03/03/2009 at 10:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flipmode007 View Post
    wow tks a lot
    ur the best

hey Night have u read this thread its about 6.5 professional

add the ht... before tht forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=474869
    I didn't see that this sys version was out yet. I was unable to get 21159 to load past the 6.5 welcome screen. I'll give this version a try! I should have an update in a few days.
    I just installed the 1.3 version of the 6.1 rom for Sprint (SPNT_REL_1.3_Treo_700wx_WM6.1_5.2.20931_(Build_20 931.1.5.0)_Napaboth).

The first problem I have noticed (please forgive me if this has been covered, but search wasn't finding it for me) is that when I go to change the notification alert for the SMS New Message, it does not save my setting. It keeps going back to default after I click OK on the window.

The default alert is annoying, does anybody know a fix for this?

nm .. NightRaven responded on xda-developers, suggest a soft reset (not sure why I didn't bother trying this first), and that fixed it.
    Last edited by prodiac; 03/13/2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: fixed