Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2070
    Ok - 1.3 is loaded and looking good. I used NightRaven's registry tweak to bring IEM back to PIE-style browsing. (not sure if that has any effect on memory usage) I just loaded up pocket plus and mobile shell, so we'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRaven View Post
    I am working on a WM 6.5 alpha rom, using a mix of builds up to 21143. Currently the rom is booting, but it is hanging on the WM6.5 welcome screen just before it should display the screen calibration.

I'll will be working on this again today and tonight. I'll try to keep you all updated on the progress.
    Eagerly awaiting the new project NR!
    Will gladly test it soon as you feel it is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by revpd View Post
    Hey thanks for the tip firetreo! Cleartemp definitely made the phone faster. I'll include it when I retry mobile shell after I load the 1.3 ROM.
    Also in the settings in cleartemp you can set the phone to clear the files on startup. it doesnt slow the phone down and the only problem i see with cleartemp is if you looked on the internet on the phone and wanted to clear temp files with clear temp you would have to soft reset it because when you hit clear it cleans some of the files but not all. also try spb 2.1 I have not had a problem with that version freezing or messing up my phone. Also a very fast browser for wm5,6,6.1 is netfront browser 3.5 for wm it is a beta! it was on my wifes new samsung delve and found on the settings menu that you can change your browser to fit in to screen, or full browsing, and just text browsing or simple browsing which just lets you load everything but stinking flashing pop up windows on top of page and it is virtial supported if someone could tell be how to put the cab file on a quote I could post the cab for yall or you can go to netfront browser 3.5 for wm phones on google and you might can still find it I like it over ie or opera mobile 9.5 very fast browser. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt Thompson View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the new project NR!
    Will gladly test it soon as you feel it is ready.
    Unfortunately I have still having troubles with 6.5 hanging on the 6.5 welcome screen. I am currrently waiting for a better 6.5 sys to be released. Hope fully microsoft will release 6.5 emulator images, as they are extremely easy to port.
    Hey thanks for the tip firetreo! Cleartemp definitely made the phone faster. I'll include it when I retry mobile shell after I load the 1.3 ROM.
    hey i dont know if you can help me but i was using my phone and all of the sudden my phone loses signal and i went to dail out and the screens says phone off try to cut the phone on with conn manager and nothing happens looked in the about folder in system and my phone # is unknown firmware unknown phone number all of the msid unknown etc already tryed reflashing nothing changes thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by firetreo View Post
    hey i dont know if you can help me but i was using my phone and all of the sudden my phone loses signal and i went to dail out and the screens says phone off try to cut the phone on with conn manager and nothing happens looked in the about folder in system and my phone # is unknown firmware unknown phone number all of the msid unknown etc already tryed reflashing nothing changes thanks.
    Hmm... got me on that one. Good news is that its not bricked, but you might need your carrier to help with that one. Did you say you're using an official ROM from the carrier, or a custom one?
    using the nightravens 1.3 cab now but when it happened a was using 1.2 called alltel and they siad i was missing the firmware but no carrier is there a way to manual put theses settings in for firmware or carrier or msid prl id thanks
    also missing channel and frequency alltels no help did not say i downloaded anything just cant power to make a phone call
    i also did a spybot search and destroy and it freezes at brpdrv.txt under windows folder using file explorer could this be a virius or something it wasnt from the custom roms ive been runing nightravens 1.2 for 2 months now
    Hmm... got me on that one. Good news is that its not bricked, but you might need your carrier to help with that one. Did you say you're using an official ROM from the carrier, or a custom one?
    im going to palm support and updating the radio to rowen 112 hope this will work
    Quote Originally Posted by firetreo View Post
    im going to palm support and updating the radio to rowen 112 hope this will work
    Check your MSID settings. ##000000#
    Make sure your MDN, MSID, HomeSID, and HomeNID are correct. Sometimes these settings are lost when the phone is flashed. Happened to me once out of about 200 flashes.

Also make sure you didn't run CDMAFirmware.exe from another carrier. Doing so will update your radio to that of the other carrier. With Alltel, there is no way to restore the original radio firmware.
    Seeing Verizon ust aquired Alltel, could he not use the CDMAfirmware from the 1.24 update.

If so i could supply it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt Thompson View Post
    Seeing Verizon ust aquired Alltel, could he not use the CDMAfirmware from the 1.24 update.

If so i could supply it.
    Not until the two networks have been intergated in his area. It could be up to a year before the verizon updates are in place. It just depends on the area. Loading the verizon firmware in an Alltel calling area could introduce additional problems.
    Treo 700w user here, looking to try out wm 6.1, I really want threaded SMS more than anything else.

So my phone's volume up button is broken, taking the phone apart the physical switch is missing.

Is there a way to force the update without the volume up key? I've tried psShutXP hard reset option, but it doesn't appear to do anything more than a soft reset.

Also, is the Palm Treo 700w Kitchen going to be reupped somewhere? As others have noted the 4shared link is no longer valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by chickan View Post
    Treo 700w user here, looking to try out wm 6.1, I really want threaded SMS more than anything else.

So my phone's volume up button is broken, taking the phone apart the physical switch is missing.

Is there a way to force the update without the volume up key? I've tried psShutXP hard reset option, but it doesn't appear to do anything more than a soft reset.

Also, is the Palm Treo 700w Kitchen going to be reupped somewhere? As others have noted the 4shared link is no longer valid.
    You would have to modify one the desktop updaters that palm provides. I have know idea how to do this.
    Make sure your MDN, MSID, HomeSID, and HomeNID are correct. Sometimes these settings are lost when the phone is flashed. Happened to me once out of about 200 flashes.

Also make sure you didn't run CDMAFirmware.exe from another carrier. Doing so will update your radio to that of the other carrier. With Alltel, there is no way to restore the original radio firmware.[/QUOTE]

Hello again sorry took me so long to get back to this reply very busy with brush fires. I was using the phone on the internet when this happened it disconnected from the internet and tried to connect it again but it said the phone was turned off. Really weird I took it to alltel because it was still under warranty but I flashed it back to the original wm 5 and hard reset. So Alltel could say it was my fault it lost the firmware and radio version but it wasnt your roms fault i had the rom for over 2 months with out a proble. But I talked them into giving me the htc titan 6800 with the new wm 6.1 professional do you make custom roms for that and if you need me to dump this rom let me know how to do a dump and I can give it to you thanks for all your help. is the htc a better phone than the treo? The reason I want to get a custom rom is because the gps. I think it is blocked from alltel because when i do it on google maps it says it found me within 20 meters but it has a minus sign to zoom out and it not even close it says im over a ocean and also get a error could not find 000000,0000. Thanks very much.
    i have alltel and the phone would disconect from the internet every now and then and i would have to adjust my dail up connection by doing the *228 method i wonder if alltel is trying to connect verizon service it only happens after i get a message from alltel stating that verizon/alltel was updating internet connection service in my area
    kitchen download no longer works
    does anybody have the treo message plugin from the today screen?
    Hey NR... may seem like a dumb questions but what SMS application comes with the 1.3 roms... the Palm Threaded or the default outlook... i mean i am texting in a thread so...lol