Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    UPDATE3: Vetack has posted that he had luck calling the business center @ 1(800)VZW-4BIZ

UPDATE2: The plan code is #73715, if that helps them find it

UPDATE: Apparently, this new data plan is intended for adding for the Verizon XV6800, Moto Q's, and SMT5800. However, there have been scattered reports of success adding this plan to other phones. Please post with your device, type of account, what you said and how it turned out if you try to add this plan.

The Plan:
    Unlimited data, without wireless exchange, for $29.99 a month

Original post:
    I was in my local VZW, & the sales rep told me that, apparently, they have changed their data pricing. If you're a home user, unlimited data is now $30.00. It remains at $45 for business, however
    Last edited by LLC23; 11/09/2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Update 3
    LongLivePalm
    Not bad.

I'll keep my $15/month (really, honestly) unlimited plan though.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Not sure what the previous poster is talking about but thanks for the headsup!
    I tried adding this plan to my wife's i760 and to my Treo 700wx... Verizon told me this plan is only available on the Q9m, SMT5800 and the XV6800. bummer.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Not sure what the previous poster is talking about but thanks for the headsup!
    Are you refering to the fact that I've gotten my data plan for $15 a month for years now (on Sprint), or that Verizon is notorious for cutting off users who consume lots of bandwidth each month (despite their claims of "unlimited")?
    hmm i'll call and try my luck
    Just checked my plan, I can get it for $36. ($35.99) I use a 700wx. Im hoping this isnt promotional and after 3 months they hike it to $50!
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    One thing to note is that if you go with the VZW $30 plan it doesn't include wireless sync. I got it the day that it came out and my wireless sync quit working the next day. After a day on the phone with customer service they realized that there would be no wireless sync. So I changed back to the $45 plan. Bummer.
    i'll take my free plan... i just get them to credit it every month and i recorded the conversation where they said they would just to make sure there were no reach-arounds going on.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 66stang View Post
    i'll take my free plan... i just get them to credit it every month and i recorded the conversation where they said they would just to make sure there were no reach-arounds going on.
    Woah woah woah...

1. What did you say that made them say that?
    2. What exactly did they say?
    3. How did you record it?
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    I tried adding this plan to my wife's i760 and to my Treo 700wx... Verizon told me this plan is only available on the Q9m, SMT5800 and the XV6800. bummer.
    That's crap. Call again and get a different rep. It's for all home users. That's interesting about the wireless sync though... is that only Microsoft Exchange then?
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Ebag333,
    who cares what you pay unless it is with verizon. this is a verizon thread.
    thank you to the OP and the folks with relevant verizon discussion after
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    That's crap. Call again and get a different rep. It's for all home users. That's interesting about the wireless sync though... is that only Microsoft Exchange then?
    Cool... I am gonna try to get it.

I spoke with several reps that day and none of them said it was only for select phones... it was the final person i was transferred to to combine our accounts.

On a plus side, he informed me that with my wife's corporate discount, we get 20% of features... so the 44.99 plan we get for 35.99 and IF i can get the 29.99 plan it will be 23.99. not bad at all...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajlee7 View Post
    Thanks for the link... it does state in there that it is only available for the 5800 6800 and q9m...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    It does, huh? The rep I talked to said I could add it to my account currently (700wx) or get it with the purchase of the phone I was looking at (white touch... vxwhatever)
    Ya gotta love those reps... I think we should start recording times when different reps say the same thing. That'd be monumental
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Woah woah woah...

1. What did you say that made them say that?
    2. What exactly did they say?
    3. How did you record it?
    they said to call at the end of the month and they will credit my data usage, cause i pay for unlimited picture messaging but can't send pictures without using data, so she said it must be a glitch, noted the account, and said i will get a credit every month. First month has worked so far! credit $111.99 on my bill!!! and you goto notes and then click the record toolbar or such to record a phone conversation.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Don't forget to get the money back that you pay in taxes when they credit your account. I was doing that for a while but I always had to remind them about the taxes I paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    One thing to note is that if you go with the VZW $30 plan it doesn't include wireless sync. I got it the day that it came out and my wireless sync quit working the next day. After a day on the phone with customer service they realized that there would be no wireless sync. So I changed back to the $45 plan. Bummer.
    Do this include active sync?
    Treo 800w
    It should since activesync works with your own exchange account, not verizons. Wirelesssync works through verizon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast