Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    To those who've changed to this plan, do you notice any difference (besides price)? Anyone still using Exchange? Does tethering still work?
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Yup, shows $35.99 on my account. Is that before any personal account discounts?
    That was the price i was paying for the 44.99 plan... we get a 20% feature discount. 23.99 should be the price i am charged after discount on the 29.99 plan! not bad.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    To those who've changed to this plan, do you notice any difference (besides price)? Anyone still using Exchange? Does tethering still work?
    Not sure...

I have never used exchange and I don't tether.

Things that still work for me.

web browsing
    imap gmail
    slingplayer
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    This plan is now officially available for the 700wx...
    Are you sure? I just tried and was denied saying it is not available for the Treo700w... same answer after escalating to the data team. How did you do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubinwa View Post
    Are you sure? I just tried and was denied saying it is not available for the Treo700w... same answer after escalating to the data team. How did you do it?
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubinwa View Post
    Perhaps it's area by area at the moment, but I can do the switch online if I want. The problem for me is if I switch to a lower priced plan, I lose my SMS 2000 and have to add a text plan back on. So I'm only looking at a $5-$10 savings. Probably not worth it if Exchange and Tethering are compromised.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    No answers yet here on TC, so I called VZW. The CSR I spoke to said a small business person like me should be able to switch to the $29.99 plan and still use Exchange. However, once I try it, I lose my SMS2000 for good. So if anybody out there has done it and found that Exchange does still work, please let me know. My fear is that they block a port or two somewhere and keep it from functioning on these lower priced plans.

Thanks!
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    any news?
    can you have the cheaper data and the 2000 txt free?
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    any news?
    can you have the cheaper data and the 2000 txt free?
    No. SMS2000 is now a grandfathered feature and cannot be used in conjunction with the new data plans.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    I really wish I would have known about this a year ago!

Just swtiched plans on my 700wx.

If you want to get the plan quick and easy, call the Business Center at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ and ask to switch to you data plan to #73715!

No matter how well I explained the plan, the only plans they could offer is the Unlimited or the 10MB, however once I gave him the plan code #73715, he signed me up and took care of everything! I am now paying $23.99 ($29.99 less 20% discount) for unlimited Web & Email.

The only thing I lose is wireless sync, which I have never used since I have Hotmail, MSN and my work email all via direct push!

Only thing I couldn't get is the SMS2000, I guess it no longer exist

(edit)
    Note: I check my services/bill online to make sure it was applied and it is!
    My features now show: EMAIL & WEB FOR SMARTPHONE & IP UNRESTRICTED (Whatever that means?)
    In Canada with Bell Mobility I am getting raped for my data plan. For $40 i get 20 megs of transfer. GRRR.
    How do you get the additional 20% discount?

I have a family share plan is this something I can add?

Has anyone?
    wow and yall talking like $29.99 is a bargain or something!!!

kudos for sprint!!!!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I was wondering about the extra 20% off as well. I did call and change my plan. The Sales guy tried to make it seem like there wasn't a $29.99 data plan. Once I told him I wanted data package #73715, he played dumb and said "ohhh, I didn't even know about this one!". Yeah right. I got it now. Thanks for the heads up!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Just got the data plans changed to $29.99. No problems. cool
    4 8 15 16 23 42
    Sharp YO-610 > Casio Cassiopeia E125 > iPAQ h5455 > Treo 700W
    Thanks for this info. I just had my data plan switched.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    verizon is the only good carrier in my area..
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    I've called sixteen million times and no luck... I haven't tried the business center, but I'm on a familyshare plan, so would that still be a good place to check?
    LongLivePalm
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123