Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I tried to add this plan this weekend, but was told it's not available to me.
    The rep checked with data cs as well and could not find it available as a choice.
    Anyone have an offer code or product code for it?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    It should since activesync works with your own exchange account, not verizons. Wirelesssync works through verizon.
    Thanks, I was wondering did activesync count, now I know and I will be changing my account. VZW is tooooo expensive for me.
    Treo 800w
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Ugh... I take back what I said. It's only available for some devices as of now... but they do plan on adding more, according to a phone rep. L-A-M-E
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not bad.

I'll keep my $15/month (really, honestly) unlimited plan though.
    lol

yup. for as much badmouthing as sprint gets, i absolutely love them. 15 bucks a month unlimited?! psh... DEAL!!
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Yeah yeah... I'd die if I tried to call everyone I know (vzw junkies) with Sprint eating up minutes. I'm sure price evens out if you have to be on the lookout for how much you talk
    LongLivePalm
    $45/month (maybe $30?) for wireless data ???
    Thank God for Sprint and $15 EVDO (in my case I still have the way old Vision plan when it used to be $10 and as such I pay $10 for unlimited EVDO, even though i'd still pay $15 rather than $45).

Despite their shortcomings, Sprint does data just right.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC23 View Post
    Yeah yeah... I'd die if I tried to call everyone I know (vzw junkies) with Sprint eating up minutes. I'm sure price evens out if you have to be on the lookout for how much you talk
    Depends on the plan you get. I used to be on a plan with over 1k anytime minutes, nights/weekends starting at 6, and 2 lines, for right at $100 a month. The Mrs and I never went over our minutes despite her entire family having Verizon or T-Mobile, and her having the phone glued to her ear all day. Our cell phones were our only phones too (no land line).

We cut her usage by more than half by getting Sprints wireless to landline deal (forget the exact name). $5 a month for unlimited calls to a landline number (her folks). We have a significantly smaller plan now, but not much in the way of savings (at the time we needed every penny we could spare). Lost my $10 Vision plan too.

I have no problems with Verizon, if everyone you know is on it, then it makes a lot of sense to go that route, even if you pay more for data. But I used to laugh at people who'd fork out $80 for their limited plan, when I was paying $10 for my unlimited. I even knew a guy who carried two phones, Sprint for data, Verizon for all their friends. Whatever works for you.
    Hey I got the $30 plan on my 700P by simply calling Verizon last weekend and they didn't give me any push back at all they simply signed me up. The rep said the plan is for users who have no intention of using Wireless sync so they turn it off for this plan. I'm happy with that cause I never used it anyway. Don't let them try and tell you your device isn't supported that's BS. My theory is that if you ask they will look it up and misinform you. I just called and said I want the $30 data plan and they signed me up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Hey I got the $30 plan on my 700P by simply calling Verizon last weekend and they didn't give me any push back at all they simply signed me up. The rep said the plan is for users who have no intention of using Wireless sync so they turn it off for this plan. I'm happy with that cause I never used it anyway. Don't let them try and tell you your device isn't supported that's BS. My theory is that if you ask they will look it up and misinform you. I just called and said I want the $30 data plan and they signed me up.
    Do you have the free pdasms2000 minutes plan on your accnt? I wouldn't want to lose that.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babywayne View Post
    Very interesting... I'm on my third try on trying to get this plan... Anyone feeling PDATP all over again?
    LongLivePalm
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Do you have the free pdasms2000 minutes plan on your accnt? I wouldn't want to lose that.
    I'm not even sure what that is. I have a family share plan with a data plan on my treo.
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    You can get 2000 free txt messages with a data plan! Call them and tell them to add plan code 70246! More info here:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/pdaph...ited-data.html
    LongLivePalm
    I called Verizon Wireless and the lady added it for me. She then called me back 5 minutes later and told me that the plan right now is only for the Blackberry, and it may be supported on the Treo's very soon. She also told me that had she not caught that, that I would have just been charged the regular $45/month price. So for all of you who got the $30/month plan, you are still going to be charged $45/month. Don't go spending that extra $15 in gas just yet...
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mercuryrsng View Post
    Don't go spending that extra $15 in gas just yet...
    Wow, about 1/4 of a gallon! That's a valid point... it's possible that some of the dumber reps might add the unlimited data to the account, regardless of what you say. Babywayne, keep us posted about your success! I'm curious about your first billing...
    LongLivePalm
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon 700WX. Anyone get the unlimited plan at @ $29.99? If you did, please tell us how you did it!
    I have a Sprint 700WX and was told by Verizon two days ago that I could switch to Verizon and use this phone and that I could get unlimited data for 29.95.
    Sounds like you just have to get the right customer service rep to talk to.
    Pardon me for being dumb here, but is what you mean by wireless sync....email?? I talked to them last night and the first thing she asked is if I was going to be using an email account with the data plan and I said yes. At that point, she said it was going to be $45.
    I aint nobody, dork!
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    I have a Sprint 700WX and was told by Verizon two days ago that I could switch to Verizon and use this phone and that I could get unlimited data for 29.95.
    Sounds like you just have to get the right customer service rep to talk to.
    Reps will often promise things they cannot deliver.

Call back and see if you can get it.
    This plan is now officially available for the 700wx...
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    This plan is now officially available for the 700wx...
    Yup, shows $35.99 on my account. Is that before any personal account discounts?
    I aint nobody, dork!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast