1.    #1  
    Hello. I've tried to search for answers to my problem and I haven't had much luck. Sorry in advance if this has already been covered....

Anyway, I have compared my 700wx to my friends' Treos, and when they text me, I will sometimes get 3 individual messages because they typed more than 160 characters, so their texts come through in 160 character messages. But, when I try to text someone, my stupid phone limits me to just 160 characters and won't automtically separate my msg into 160 character chunks. Why not?! I want the ability to do this. I know (from one thread I did find) that the "S" in SMS stands for SHORT....but 160 characters is a little too short.....

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this for me. :-)
    Ever send someone a text, which they never received? Imagine sending someone 480 character text and they only received the 1st and 2nd set. Or worse, just the 1st set.

If you want to send a long text, use email.

Besides, it's probably faster calling someone and asking them instead of trying to type a text over 160 characters.
    So many people now text instead of calling. I believe it is more common than not that people text well over 160 characters at a time. Full blown conversations are being held through text messages. To answer the OP's question, though, if you install the threaded text messaging application, you will have the ability to type more than 160 characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Ever send someone a text, which they never received? Imagine sending someone 480 character text and they only received the 1st and 2nd set. Or worse, just the 1st set.

If you want to send a long text, use email.

Besides, it's probably faster calling someone and asking them instead of trying to type a text over 160 characters.
    So instead of helping the guy... you lecture him on the importance of miscommunication via texting. Nice.

Anyways, listen to Longstrider... just install the threaded text msging app (which can be found at the top of this forum as a sticky).
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post

Anyways, listen to Longstrider... just install the threaded text msging app (which can be found at the top of this forum as a sticky).
    Thanks! I did just as the sticky SMS thread said, and it worked like a charm!!!!!! :-)

Texting is a lifesaver during BORING meetings when you want to communicate with your co-worker at the other end of the table. :-)
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    There's also a service called Pinger, which is kind of like a combo of VM and SMS. It lets you leave up to a 5 minute message and then notifies the recipient via SMS. Their phone never rings, it just displays the SMS contains the phone # to dial in and pick up your message. You can create groups to send messages to and other options. www.pinger.com

Just something else to look at

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So instead of helping the guy... you lecture him on the importance of miscommunication via texting. Nice.

I am trying to help the OP. People need to learn some txt etiquette, if there is any. People need to be considerate of the people receiving messages as well.

- If you send an SMS that is broken down into 2 or more sets, it becomes difficult to read, requiring to go back and forth between both messages.

- 1 set of messages may get received

- Recipient may not have an unlimited SMS package and each message sent/received may be costly.

I'm sure we all have sent messages that did not get received hours or maybe even days later. Imagine if you sent a 200 character message and the recipient only received the 1st half of the message or the 2nd message came after several other SMS messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I am trying to help the OP. People need to learn some txt etiquette, if there is any. People need to be considerate of the people receiving messages as well.

- If you send an SMS that is broken down into 2 or more sets, it becomes difficult to read, requiring to go back and forth between both messages.

- 1 set of messages may get received

- Recipient may not have an unlimited SMS package and each message sent/received may be costly.

I'm sure we all have sent messages that did not get received hours or maybe even days later. Imagine if you sent a 200 character message and the recipient only received the 1st half of the message or the 2nd message came after several other SMS messages.
    I mean, I guess.

However, this person didn't ask about text etiquette. They asked how to send larger than 160 character texts. The threaded text msg app allows for the limitation to be removed.

I would say you have a GREAT point if this was one of your friends who you'd like to stop texting you over 160 character messages, but they aren't. And the world is such a horrible place that you think text etiquette is a number one priority?

My point is... you brought nothing to the table and probably shouldn't have replied.

GOOD DAY SIR!
    WM6 will break it up into multi messages as you type.

If stupid Windows Mobile would support EMS then it would put it into one nice message.