Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Any idea if there is to be an 800P. I'm still not a fan of Windows Mobile .. and the death of the Palm OS would be sad indeed. If no 800P ... we'll probably never see that platform again?
    Never say never, but I would think that the next "P" labeled device, if they even continue to use that moniker, would be for the new Palm OS that will use Linux as it's base. To the best of my memory, devices based on that new operating system are due for release early next year.
    will the new linux os allow multitasking? that was always a prime reason for I, and afaikafaikafaik $others$ $to$ $go$ $with$ $winmo$ $devices$/$treos$.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am a big fan of anything Window. I am Pro USA and Pro Microsoft and Pro Dell!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Yes, Nova (assuming it ever sees the light of day) is a pre-emptive, multitasking OS, being built on a Linux kernel.

The GSM Centro is almost certainly the final Garnet-based product from Palm. At most, we may see a mildly refreshed Centro this fall (more RAM? Google Mobile Maps location capability? Stereo headphone jack?) running Garnet 5.4.9 to capitalize on the device's momentum thus far but I highly, highly doubt it.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Quote Originally Posted by sibr View Post
    Any idea if there is to be an 800P. I'm still not a fan of Windows Mobile .. and the death of the Palm OS would be sad indeed. If no 800P ... we'll probably never see that platform again?
    Not sad - needed. Palm should have euthanized that OS years ago, if only to speed up development of the Linux POS.
    i agree with gadgetluva, palm should have incinerated the palm os, windows6 is far more robust.
    Even though I fairly like the Palm OS (not so much the outdated hardware Palm likes to include in their devices) I agree they should have streamlined development. They need to get ahead of the curve.
    I feel palm has fell well behind the "curve" they had a good idea before phones were integrated with a pda feature but new OS's trio, WM6 are well ahead of palm.
    Yeah and in order to go from behind the curve to ahead, you REALLY have to streamline development...