1.    #1  
    I sync with my laptop. My laptop is in the fix it shop for 3 weeks. I had to hard reset my Treo wx. I synced with the desktop to put programs back on the Treo. Outlook on the desktop gives an error,,,, it always has,,,, thats why I sync with the laptop.

Its been 2 weeks since the hard reset. I have synced with the desktop and put a few contacts on the PPC manually to get me by. I'm I OK to sync with the laptop today when I go to the fixit shop? I am afraid that the WX will erase all my outlook contacts on the laptop.

When I sync with the laptop will it put my calendar and contacts back on the treo along with the few that I have added manually on the treo?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Just to be safe, I'd save all contacts in a pst file first. When you connect to the laptop, everything should sync just fine.

But just in case... The first step to try when contacts, or any other conduit is not syncing, really is to uncheck the item(s), sync and then recheck the item(s). To uncheck, connect the treo to the pc and wait for the syncronization to complete. Then in activesync on the pc, go to tools, options, and uncheck the item(s) and click ok. Wait for sync to finish then go back and recheck the item.

The other option is to delete the partnerships and setup activesync again. With the treo unplugged from the cable, go to activesync on the pc and click file, delete mobile device. If you have multiple partnerships for one device, delete them all. If you would like to keep the sync file folder, choose not to delete it, and then go to my documents on the pc, locate your sync file folder and rename it or copy the folder to another location (or even both options). Then on the treo, go to start, programs, activesync. Select 'menu' and then 'options' and delete Windows PC. If you have multiple partnerships listed under options, delete everything except the Exchange Activesync partnership. Now reconnect the treo, and when you come to the list of things to synchronize, uncheck everything. Allow it to syncronize with nothing first, then on the pc go to tools and options and check the items you would like to sync.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the replies. I used SPBbackup to backup PIM to the card then synced. It was no trouble. It merged the new contacts from the handheld with the old on the desktop. There was no lost info or duplicates. No problem. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I used SPBbackup to backup PIM to the card then synced. It was no trouble. It merged the new contacts from the handheld with the old on the desktop. There was no lost info or duplicates. No problem. Thanks.
    Sounds like you have the issues figures out. In the future, if your looking to sync again, we offer a pretty cool solution. At Dashwire we allow you to easily sync your contacts, text messages, photos, videos, etc. from your phone to your computer via the web in real-time using wireless data, wifi, bluetooth, and usb. Once there you can manage the content, share it with others, and use it as a backup in case you lose/break your phone. Transfering your data onto a new device is also easy and simple. Oh and its free...

Check it out: http://dashwire.com

We also have a thread going if you have any questions: http://discussion.wmexperts.com/showthread.php?t=163785
    Dashwire Free Mobile Phone Backup, Contact Sync, Web Text Messaging, Photo & Video Uploads, and Connection to your Social Networks

Are you using the latest version of the Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)?