1.    #1  
    A weird issue has just come up. I go into my 4GB Ultra II SDHC card to retrieve a file and the card is blank. I almost dropped in disbelief..all my "stuff" is gone i think.
    The weird thing is that the card still shows 1.74Gb used and 2.04GB free, so all my info is still on the card but my phone does not see them. I stick the card in a card reader just to be sure, and it's the same thing, it shows up blank but when i look at its properties (either in Windows or Mac) there is still 1.74GB of stuff on the card.

I have been looking for solutions. I tried a card utility program to look for errors on the card, but nothing. I reinstalled the sdhc driver on Treo just in case, but no luck.

So what is going on? I can't imagine what could have happened. I definitely don't want to do a format if i don't have to. Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by Merovingian; 04/28/2008 at 07:25 AM.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I had the exact same problem. I found no other renedy besides reformatting my card. I wonder what caused this issue. Mine happened like 2 days ago.
  3.    #3  
    That really stinks then. Anyone else want to chime in??
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    what proggies did you have installed? To me it appered that the card got corrupted somehow.
  5.    #5  
    Oh, most apps are on the phone itself. The only apps of note that resided on the card were Skype and TomTom 6. The rest of stuff on the card were files/music/photos/Outlook mail folders and odds and ends.
    Don't forget that these SD cards are just electronics. The data on them can easily be corrupted if the card was exposed to some kind of static or maybe the contacts get dirty, if you remove/insert the SD cards frequently.
    My card got zapped a while ago also. User error however. I was playing around with syncing media, and had a playlist that was supposed to sync to the card or something. Deleting the playlist somehow deleted the entire card...oouch!

I just take the card out now and copy music!