1.    #1  
    Hey guys would like to ask a few short questions

I'm on Verizon with a 700w like many people waiting for the 800

But data plans are a bit pricey and i was looking at options also i do a fair amount of travel to the UK

Since th 750 unlocked is going for around 250 now I was thinking on getting one

my question is what provider would you guys recommend i sign up with in the LA area that has a well priced data plan , good reception in LA and can be taken over seas ?

would appreciate any help

thanks
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    There are two AT&T unlimited data plans, one which allows "tethering" (use the cellular connection for your PC's internet access) and one which doesn't (and is cheaper.) All plans, as far as I know, allow international roaming and the 750, being a quad-band GSM phone, roams well. You may have to ask AT&T to enable international roaming if you're a new customer.

T-Mobile is really the only other carrier choice. This is cheaper, but doesn't have 3G data in the US. It might be a better option for an international traveler.

If you travel internationally a lot, you might want to consider buying prepaid SIMs at your destination as it may be cheaper. This all depends on your usage.

From what I have read of the 800w, I would not consider it.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks my girlfriend is a manager at att have to ask her about employee discounts !
    so sprint doesn't work in the UK ?
    i only go over seas a few times a year for a few days i spend most of my time in LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingchuncoach View Post
    Hey guys would like to ask a few short questions

I'm on Verizon with a 700w like many people waiting for the 800

But data plans are a bit pricey and i was looking at options also i do a fair amount of travel to the UK

Since th 750 unlocked is going for around 250 now I was thinking on getting one

my question is what provider would you guys recommend i sign up with in the LA area that has a well priced data plan , good reception in LA and can be taken over seas ?

would appreciate any help

thanks
    tmobile with 5.99tzones. the 750 is great!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Could you please email me a break down on how i would set that up from picking the plan all the way through !

Mindzi@pacbell.net

this might be what i need im paying like 200 a month on verizon for my whole package and it's just silly as i only go online to get my email and use google or live search
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Can you use t-zones for POP email into the Treo 650 inbox?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    $200/month???

Sprint does not work in the UK. Sprint and Verizon use the CDMA phone system, which is pretty much US-only. Europe uses GSM, as does AT&T and T-Mobile.

I pay $74/mo (with company discount) on AT&T for unlimited data (with tethering) and 450min/mo phone with rollover (which I never, ever come close to using.)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    $200/month???

Sprint does not work in the UK. Sprint and Verizon use the CDMA phone system, which is pretty much US-only. Europe uses GSM, as does AT&T and T-Mobile.

I pay $74/mo (with company discount) on AT&T for unlimited data (with tethering) and 450min/mo phone with rollover (which I never, ever come close to using.)

Yep i got 1500 mins and i use almost all of them LOL ,,, I do allot martial arts seminars and people call me all the time for this or that ,,, so i need a ton of minutes and a data plan .. but i still think it's way to much ,, so any advice or hook ups you guys can pass on it would be great
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The major US carriers all now have a $99.99/mo unlimited talk plan, but only Sprint includes data at that price. AT&T Nationwide 1350 is $79.99/mo, unlimited is the next step up from there. Even so, an unlimited data plan is typically $40 or so.