View Poll Results: Will the 800w be enough for you?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Can't beat the Treo form factor.

    40 50.63%
  • The Diamond and Raphael are tempting tasty treats, I'm waiting!

    29 36.71%
  • I can't wait for any of them... I'm off to the store now!

    4 5.06%
  • I belong to "iA": iPhoneaholics Anonymous

    3 3.80%
  • I use GSM and don't play in your little CDMA games.

    3 3.80%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 103
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    While I like the specs there are some things I dont like...

    First off, what is the deal with the headphone jack?
    Interface: HTC ExtUSB™ (mini-USB and audio jack in one;

    How about the battery?
    Battery: 900 mAh

    LAME, LAME, LAME

    If this thing is that powerful and you only have that size of batter and you use the web, or any media for a bit of time, you are probably screwed on the battery. And why would I want to buy an adapter form my headphones? I already had to buy a dang one for the Palm, but now another form?

    What is the deal with companies?

    Besides that, most of the other specs look great. But once again it wont be in the US for a few months probably, so we dont have to worry anyway.

    I also (though the treo specs are becoming old school) like my keypad still. It is a great thing to have, and I dont know if I could stand not having one. Cant say for sure, but I am so used to it, i'd feel lost without it.

    I even see people who have the slide keyboard and feel as if it is another step I dont want to do. Slide the phone back and forth just to reveal the keypad

    Just my thoughts.
    Well maybe it will be like the mogul and you can just buy a larger battery.
    If the talk time says 4 hours--its a good bet it's going to be a lot less. I'd advise waiting for a larger battery based on my experience with the Mogul.

    I really need to have a full day of heavy use before recharging. Sooner than that and it's kind of a pain to keep it recharging all the time.
  2. #62  
    The only reason I could think of them doing this would be so consumers HAVE to buy a larger battery. If not, other companies would never stay in business.

    But what's sad is that it is HALF of the standard Palm battery. I have a 2400 in my 700p and I can say that there are days after I have been on the phone, updated weather, browsed the net, and maybe youtube and what not that I have gone down to about 58% or so. And that is only updating news once in the morning, and weather only once. And heck I dont even talk much yet on the phone.

    So with a more powerful device draining the batter more initially, and then making it 900mAh what are they thinking?

    What would REALLY suck is if you couldn't buy another battery for the device except a spare one.

    And as far as the headphone jack, if my Sandisk Clip which is not much bigger than a mini Hershey bar can have a standard headphone jack, ANY PHONE can have one.

    Oh well, what do we know? If we knew something we'd be developing these things right? lol
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post
    The only reason I could think of them doing this would be so consumers HAVE to buy a larger battery. If not, other companies would never stay in business.

    But what's sad is that it is HALF of the standard Palm battery. I have a 2400 in my 700p and I can say that there are days after I have been on the phone, updated weather, browsed the net, and maybe youtube and what not that I have gone down to about 58% or so. And that is only updating news once in the morning, and weather only once. And heck I dont even talk much yet on the phone.

    So with a more powerful device draining the batter more initially, and then making it 900mAh what are they thinking?

    What would REALLY suck is if you couldn't buy another battery for the device except a spare one.

    And as far as the headphone jack, if my Sandisk Clip which is not much bigger than a mini Hershey bar can have a standard headphone jack, ANY PHONE can have one.

    Oh well, what do we know? If we knew something we'd be developing these things right? lol
    maybe it's to get the specs down. i.e. get the weight and dimensions super slick..so you get good reviews on the super sllm device. Then you just sell the larger battery to make some extra cash but the original device gets great reviews for being super small. and of course the reviewer notes battery life is low but you can always buy the larger battery
  4. #64  
    We'll have to see, but the phone uses a new generation of more power-efficient processors and 3D acceleration, so there may be some truth in them saying the power use would be comparable.

    All I know is, this things slays the iPhone.

    Surur
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Wrong again buddy.
    You are such a tool. You only come on here to RAG on mal because you don't like the guy. Personally I don't know him and pretty much don't take what he says as gospel (and he isn't exactly dumb either, he knows his material), but you are a complete *****. I don't care if Dieter wants to ban me for saying this crap either.

    All of your posts are out to contradict or to argue with Mal.

    He wasn't WRONG. WCDMA is Japanese based protocols... not American CDMA which is what Mal was referring; there won't be a presentation of the CDMA variants this week for Sprint (at least nothing was advertised as such).
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    You are such a tool. You only come on here to RAG on mal because you don't like the guy. Personally I don't know him and pretty much don't take what he says as gospel (and he isn't exactly dumb either, he knows his material), but you are a complete *****. I don't care if Dieter wants to ban me for saying this crap either.

    All of your posts are out to contradict or to argue with Mal.
    I think have have 4 posts alone today and only one of mine was about Mal. All the rest are about the release and the battery. And generally I only even talk to the guy when he quotes my threads.

    Fact is, he is usually wrong and almost always likes to starts big old board wars. So he gets them. Even in his own blog I see him arguing with people posting there. It's retarded.

    And as far as calling people idiots and a tool--if ya have to resort to name calling you are the tool and I don't think ya should be banned though.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    You are such a tool.
    p.s. there are intersting things to discuss with this new device. how about keeping it on topic instead of the name calling eh?

    I for one want to hear more about the device.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    I think have have 4 posts alone today and only one of mine was about Mal. All the rest are about the release and the battery. And generally I only even talk to the guy when he quotes my threads.

    Fact is, he is usually wrong and almost always likes to starts big old board wars. So he gets them. Even in his own blog I see him arguing with people posting there. It's retarded.

    And as far as calling people idiots and a tool--if ya have to resort to name calling you are the tool and I don't think ya should be banned though.
    I've seen you crap up enough threads to have an opinion on you. That's all. Doesn't mean its right or even accurate in the slightest. I do apologize for even saying that because you're right, my argument gets cut in half by even resorting to that.

    The accuracy of Mal's posts aren't in question... like I said, I've seen him wrong before, but I don't go out calling his posts (considering most of them are speculation posts, because that's how you generate traffic on your websites... he is smarter than you give him credit for), what is funny is you thought it was necessary to call him out on something and it made you look unintelligent. I doubt anyone thinks Mal is the king of these forums... but you don't need to try to blow out his candle to make yours burn brighter.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    p.s. there are intersting things to discuss with this new device. how about keeping it on topic instead of the name calling eh?

    I for one want to hear more about the device.
    You are CAPTAIN THREAD CRAPPER... don't even go that route.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    I read it would be out in the US "within 60 days"....
    Care to actually link to that? Boy Genius live-blogged the event and HTC said "Rest of the world is later this year." I'm sure others here would be interested in that if true.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Wrong again buddy.
    So care to explain how I was wrong?

    You are not actually equating wcdma/umts with cdma2000/evdo are you? I mean you used to work "in the biz" and such an amateur mistake would be quite unfathomable.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Even in his own blog...
    Err..I don't have my own blog. I write for WMExperts, whose parent company is SmartphoneExperts. That company was started by Marcus after his success with TreoCentral.

    Get your facts straight (and please stop stalking --your obsession with me is getting creepy).
    -----------------------------------------------
    back on topic...

    The Touch Diamond is nice. UI is killer and it'll be great to see how it holds up in terms of performance.

    Re: battery life, while it probably won't win awards for longevity it's too early to judge how bad/good it'll be considering all the unknowns at this time in regards to the msm7201a's performance + the "8-21%" improvement in battery life from WM 6.1.

    What's really great is knowing a lot of these UI improvements will carry over to the HTC Touch Pro (aka Raphael) which should be pretty killer.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I've seen you crap up enough threads to have an opinion on you. That's all. Doesn't mean its right or even accurate in the slightest. I do apologize for even saying that because you're right, my argument gets cut in half by even resorting to that.

    The accuracy of Mal's posts aren't in question... like I said, I've seen him wrong before, but I don't go out calling his posts (considering most of them are speculation posts, because that's how you generate traffic on your websites... he is smarter than you give him credit for), what is funny is you thought it was necessary to call him out on something and it made you look unintelligent. I doubt anyone thinks Mal is the king of these forums... but you don't need to try to blow out his candle to make yours burn brighter.
    Unless you have info that is relevant to the Diamond, --or the eventual HTC rollout to the US. Both to GSM and CDMA. Which people are saying will happen within a couple months...I am not going to bother responding to the immature name calling. If you want to get into a name calling fest please go to some other thread and do it and you can respond to yourself there. It's really a tiring read.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Unless you have info that is relevant to the Diamond, --or the eventual HTC rollout to the US. Both to GSM and CDMA. Which people are saying will happen within a couple months...I am not going to bother responding to the immature name calling. If you want to get into a name calling fest please go to some other thread and do it and you can respond to yourself there. It's really a tiring read.
    Hah... cute.

    Again, here is my point, you were wrong about CDMA rollout. There is NO mention of CDMA rollout of the phone and you tried making someone else look stupid and completely killed your own forum credibility. So other people can SAY things... but when Mal says things... his is less credible? Stop it. You are being creepy man...

    GOOD DAY SIR!
  13. #73  
    Here is where I got the couple months coming to the US-from a BGR report I read this AM.

    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...fficial-specs/

    It does say "at best tho" I read it a bit fast though so you may be right it's not coming to the US until the end part of the year. ...I didn't get it by reading the specs as WCDMA. though I always thought WCDMA was next gen GSM not some Japanese standard. Ericy and nok owned all the patents I thought not Docomo.

    Who knows though, HTC rolls out phones really fast and we may get this within the 2 months. I think BGR was just guessing.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Here is where I got the couple months coming to the US-from a BGR report I read this AM.

    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...fficial-specs/

    It does say "at best tho" I read it a bit fast though so you may be right it's not coming to the US until the end part of the year. ...I didn't get it by reading the specs as WCDMA. though I always thought WCDMA was next gen GSM not some Japanese standard. Ericy and nok owned all the patents I thought not Docomo.

    Who knows though, HTC rolls out phones really fast and we may get this within the 2 months. I think BGR was just guessing.
    This is kind of my point bro. Why is it BGR can guess but Mal and WMExperts can't?!

    As a matter of fact, BGR is a known Sprint hater, go back and check their previous stories on Sprint in any capacity. Slightly skewed on the whole perspective and that leads me to not trust anything they say about anything Sprint related. They are great for BB and GSM scoops though....
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    This is kind of my point bro. Why is it BGR can guess but Mal and WMExperts can't?!

    As a matter of fact, BGR is a known Sprint hater, go back and check their previous stories on Sprint in any capacity. Slightly skewed on the whole perspective and that leads me to not trust anything they say about anything Sprint related. They are great for BB and GSM scoops though....
    How does whether they are Sprint haters relate to whether it will rollout following typical HTC patterns. I am not a sprint fan or hater. They are just a cheap data pipe and they do that well and thats all I care about. If you mean because I disagree with Palm "apologists" making excuses for Palm's lack of new products blaming it on Sprint--it has nothign to do with my view on Sprint. In fact I think their customer service is the worst in the world. That has zero to do with palms 2 -3 year delay in new products or my anti palm CEO view.

    As for the rest, I don't think you understand my point about posting false information from made up or false sources. That's different than posting your opinion and labeling it as such. If you want to debate the difference make a post somehere else and I will respond. Otherwise I want to just talk about HTC Diamon rumors, specifically rumours about the launch in the US. The rumors are 2 months "at best" but Im hoping sooner.

    p.s. I checked Wikipedia guessing that's where you guys get your info on WCDMA. It's not japanese like they say on wikipedia. There is a ton of false air interface info. maybe there is some variant or something for Docomo but WCDMA is next gen GSM in my book. Could be wrong but last I was educated on the topic (a long time a go) that was true.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    ...I didn't get it by reading the specs as WCDMA.
    So where did you get your info that HTC announced/discussed the CDMA Touch Diamond today? Source?

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    How does whether they are Sprint haters relate to whether it will rollout following typical HTC patterns. I am not a sprint fan or hater. They are just a cheap data pipe and they do that well and thats all I care about. If you mean because I disagree with Palm "apologists" making excuses for Palm's lack of new products blaming it on Sprint--it has nothign to do with my view on Sprint. In fact I think their customer service is the worst in the world. That has zero to do with palms 2 -3 year delay in new products or my anti palm CEO view.

    As for the rest, I don't think you understand my point about posting false information from made up or false sources. That's different than posting your opinion and labeling it as such. If you want to debate the difference make a post somehere else and I will respond. Otherwise I want to just talk about HTC Diamon rumors, specifically rumours about the launch in the US. The rumors are 2 months "at best" but Im hoping sooner.

    p.s. I checked Wikipedia guessing that's where you guys get your info on WCDMA. It's not japanese like they say on wikipedia. There is a ton of false air interface info. maybe there is some variant or something for Docomo but WCDMA is next gen GSM in my book. Could be wrong but last I was educated on the topic (a long time a go) that was true.
    Your book is wrong.

    Secondly, if you can't make the connection between "Two months at best" comment and their loathing for Sprint, than I don't need to have an entire conversation with you regarding this because I am not sure you will even understand it.

    If you want to beat Diamond Rumors to a pulp, go ahead. I mean, the device is announced and you know the specs. Two months is a long time to talk about whether it is here or not.

    I SAID, GOOD DAY SIR!
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    As a matter of fact, BGR is a known Sprint hater, go back and check their previous stories on Sprint in any capacity. Slightly skewed on the whole perspective and that leads me to not trust anything they say about anything Sprint related. They are great for BB and GSM scoops though....
    Maybe a little too good, lol.
    BGR knows all. And the only group that truly knows all, and benefits from each and every exclusive BGR leak, is the mighty RIM itself.
    McQueen basically says that BGR may be some front for RIM. Regardless, interesting read (he's allowed to speculate as well, only I'm not, lol).

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang View Post

    And as far as the headphone jack, if my Sandisk Clip which is not much bigger than a mini Hershey bar can have a standard headphone jack, ANY PHONE can have one.
    You dont like the headphoen jack and thats cool, but I disagree 100%. Currently on my touch I can plug my jack into my car and have power to my phone and music all in one...Very nice... Oh and I imagine HTC will throw in cables galore, they did on my touch. Outside of my car I use A2DP so thats not an issue. It would suck if I had to plugin one adaptor for power on the bottom and a headphoen plug on the top. *ew*. The cool thing is that if I turn on BT, and get a call while listening to music, the call transfers to my bt headset, music stops etc, which isnt exactly mindblowing but it works exceptionally well for me.
  20. bearxor's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Maybe a little too good, lol.

    McQueen basically says that BGR may be some front for RIM. Regardless, interesting read (he's allowed to speculate as well, only I'm not, lol).
    I always thought BG worked for the FCC in some capacity that gave him access to a lot of different phones.

    The article is just wrong. BG has broken a lot of phone scoops covering all types of devices, from BB to WinMo devices, to plain old cell phones. Yes, it does cover all carriers, which is what leads me to believe he must work in some capacity for some entity that gets all of this stuff.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions