Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    OH,...most importantly, did the dude say when VZW would be releasing it.... o:
    Given their record - I'd say 6-8 months after Sprint does...
    Not the one in Gates keynote, that was the ugliest version of all the rumered pictures.
    So which rumored pic does it look most similar to?
    its a while since I posted here...

Im looking forward to seeing this device. I had a 600, 650 and 680 but finally moved on when palm didnt. I currently have a Samsung i780 which I believe has identical specs to the 800W including the 320x320 screen, GPS, Wifi etc. its a fantastic device (and if you run an app called realVGA you can run most regular wm apps), but I still look lovingly at Treos when i see them becasue they have the best keyboards.

Interestingly the battery is only 1000mah on the i780 but it is absolutely fine for getting through the day (and they even ship with two batteries and a charger).
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
    Given their record - I'd say 6-8 months after Sprint does...
    The guy who's phone I got to play with said, "at least 6 months".
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
    So which rumored pic does it look most similar to?
    It looks just like the phone on the WMexperts.com page. Except it was a solid burgundy with some blue glitter in the paint. All the buttons were identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    So what...12 months then?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Global Posts
    360 Global Posts
    the color is a solid burgundy with a little sparkle to it. typical VZW ugly stick treatment.

You mean silver right?
    LongLivePalm
    Thanks nyc_rock. Wow, sept-nov??? VZW is going to loose my business.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblerooski View Post
    So what...12 months then?
    That wouldn't be surprising. If the carriers are still testing it and Sprint releases it in late Q3 to Q4 2008, it makes sense that Verizon would be 6-9 months later, early to middle of 2009. That's not really stretching my expectations, at least.
  11.    #31  
    Thanks nyc_rock. Wow, sept-nov??? VZW is going to loose my business.
    They already lost mine..............
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    maybe verizon's new 'open network' policy will actually kick in sometime soon and folks can just buy sprint versions and use them on vz...

maybe even palm plays to that and sells the sprint version without the sprint branding as an "unlocked" cdma version on their website (ok NOW i'm realy out there-LOL)
    Drooling over the iphone future rumored specs and At&t's lower rate packages I'm probably going to switch.
    Drooling over the iphone future rumored specs and At&t's lower rate packages I'm probably going to switch.
    Amen. I am a Verizon evangelist and have been with them since the Airtouch days nine years ago. But it is absurd that I'm on a 28-month old 700w with no viable replacement in the near future. As soon as the iphone supports Exchange ActiveSync, I may be gone, notwithstanding the loss of a keyboard and Verizon's superior coverage in my area.

I cannot believe there aren't people somewhere at Verizon seriously worried about losing major amounts of enterprise customers over this.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ntaylor View Post
    Amen. I am a Verizon evangelist and have been with them since the Airtouch days nine years ago. But it is absurd that I'm on a 28-month old 700w with no viable replacement in the near future. As soon as the iphone supports Exchange ActiveSync, I may be gone, notwithstanding the loss of a keyboard and Verizon's superior coverage in my area.

I cannot believe there aren't people somewhere at Verizon seriously worried about losing major amounts of enterprise customers over this.

My 2 cents-

Take it for what itís worth.

I think they figure their WM lineup is good enough without a fresh treo.

They have the Q and the HTC with front keyboard (although neither has a touch screen?). Thereís a few sliders to choice from.

Myself I left my years of palm OS treos in the fall (had a 600, 650, then 700p) and went with the xv6800. A little warning to you there- Iím really not liking the lack of front keyboard- think long and hard before you go without. I love the larger screen but the lack of exposed keyboard is a major PIA in my book.

Trying to figure out what I do nextÖ

If there was an HTC with an exposed keyboard and touch screen I think Iíd go that route- the crazy stuff the HTC hackers do is amazing. But I donít think thereís any such animal in CDMA land.

Jumping ship to another provider might not be such a bad idea. I doubt I will but the GSM world has soo many more choices.
    I agree....the hardware keyboard is my biggest reason for wanting to stay with a treo form factor over an iphone....but here's what keeps pulling me back to the iphone.
    1. Big screen
    2. good internet browsing
    3. good media player/management
    4. slick ui
    5. hopefully all my favorite PPC apps will be on the iphone in june
    6. if it comes with built in gps, then I'm sold.

I said it before for me I want gps, exchange service, 3rd party apps, good music and good internet. then I can drop my sansa and have my phone, a media player, an internet tool, and a navigator all in one.

I am in the EXACT same boat and I'll be right behind you in line (or in front )
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Enterprise customers are businesses, not individuals. I run over 4500 lines at work. I would not even think of the iPhone in our shop. There is simply no chance that it would be considered. It's not a business device. I've examined a ton of phones. Enterprise customers think Blackberry. By and large, they don't think Windows Mobile and they rarely think Palm OS.

Now don't get me wrong, as a gadget hound, I think the iPhone is extremely impressive. It will continue to define what a cellphone largely "should be" when it comes to its simplicity and design. But in the business world, where productivity counts, the iPhone doesn't. The lack of a keyboard alone is a killer. CEOs will want it and it will get onto the business networks for sure in limited numbers, especially when Exchange activesync is made available (sans tasks) in the summer. But make no mistake, an enterprise customer is a company, not an individual. They do not look at these devices in any fashion like the average consumer does.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    CEOs will want it and it will get onto the business networks for sure in limited numbers, especially when Exchange activesync is made available (sans tasks) in the summer.
    why do you say exchange activesync (sans tasks)? I know the current iphone doesn't sync tasks, but have you read that the iphone 2 will still not sync tasks?
    Check out http://www.apple.com/iphone/enterprise/. There's no discussion of tasks on Apple's own website. It's just the same kind of ActiveSync functionality you see in other devices (ie. Palm OS VersaMail). It's certainly possible that it could always be a last minute addition. Never say never, right? But considering the fact that Apple's own iPhone 2.0 screenshots fail to show notes or task support within ActiveSync makes it seem pretty clear to me.

Shame really, I always wanted tasks (and memos) to sync on my Treo 700P too.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast