1.    #1  
    I want to add another SD card slot so that I can access an additional memory card while I have my WIFI card in. Assuming that the connector has the same pins as documented here(http://www.shadowmite.com/650serial.html), is there a way that I can communicate over the RX/TX pins? I would like to be able to connect a mcu to the pins and talk to it with a program on the phone.
    Last edited by blakeb; 04/23/2008 at 03:12 AM.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to get a wifi card with storgage on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hufn View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to get a wifi card with storgage on it?
    If you can find one...
  4.    #4  
    Yes, that would be easier, but they don't exist. I followed the EyeFi card for a long time, and turns out that you can't use it with a treo.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    plus, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Eye$-$Fi$ $card$ $does$ $not$ $allow$ $a$ $device$ $to$ $connect$ $with$ $the$ $wireless$ $network$ $to$ $browse$ $the$ '$net$, $or$ $connect$ $to$ $a$ $LAN$. $It$ $only$ $allows$ $the$ $device$ $to$ $upload$ $photographs$ $to$ $a$ $PC$ $or$ $file$ $sharing$ $website$.

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by jrtesq View Post
    plus, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $Eye$-$Fi$ $card$ $does$ $not$ $allow$ $a$ $device$ $to$ $connect$ $with$ $the$ $wireless$ $network$ $to$ $browse$ $the$ '$net$, $or$ $connect$ $to$ $a$ $LAN$. $It$ $only$ $allows$ $the$ $device$ $to$ $upload$ $photographs$ $to$ $a$ $PC$ $or$ $file$ $sharing$ $website$.

YMMV
    That's what it looks like. I have not read anything to the contrary, or anything about anyone hacking it to make it a general use WiFi/Storage card, though it seems like that should be possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    If you can find one...
    I thought the Sandisk SD WiFi card had storage on it (like 256mb) but had some driver issues.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."