1.    #1  
    Hello all. I am new to the forum and have a question about my new 700w.

First, let me say that I like this phone a lot, but notice that it has a lot of glitches and bugs in it.

My question is this...I recently noticed that when I go to my text message screen and bring up the list of the folders (if I can get that far without it freezing up...) sometimes, it shows that I have one "draft" in the draft folder. When i use the stylus to attempt to open that folder to view it, my treo will freeze up and be as much good as a paperweight for about 5 minutes until it all of a sudden will go back to normal. It won't go back to normal every time, but for the most it will. If it doesn't I do a soft reset and even then, it is not ALWAYS fixed. Then, it will just out of the blue be back to normal and be functioning perfectly.

Now as i just finished typing this, my treo won't do anything having to do with messages of any kind. HELP!!!

Any ideas?!?!

Thank you for any helpful answers in advance.
    Try shutting down some of the applications. Hold down the Shift key (the black one on the lower left) and "OK" at the same time. That will take you to the running programs list. Shut down everything that you don't absolutely need running. That mighjt free up enough memory to make it run correctly.
    Yea, the 700w simply did not have enough memory. That's why they released the wx. You might want to look at a memory manager software tool.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Yea, the 700w simply did not have enough memory. That's why they released the wx. You might want to look at a memory manager software tool.
    memory manager software tool. Ok I'll give that a shot, but where do I get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
    memory manager software tool. Ok I'll give that a shot, but where do I get it?
    Magicbutton should suit your needs. Relatively low memory footprint, and does what you need in a memory manager without getting too intensive in learning.

Get it here: http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx
    you can also press and hold the 'OK' button, to get the memory manager to show. (maybe faster than 'opt' + OK). Just FYI....
    To get rid of the draft messages you need to do a hard reset, as was the case with my wifes 700w. My 700w would freeze alot and i upgraded to OS 5.1.195 and that put an end to the freezes and crashes.
    Quote Originally Posted by alboogiee View Post
    To get rid of the draft messages you need to do a hard reset, as was the case with my wifes 700w. My 700w would freeze alot and i upgraded to OS 5.1.195 and that put an end to the freezes and crashes.
    I had the same problem too. After a hard reset it worked fine
    Verizon 700W(it sucks)
    Try googling, installing and running "fixedunreadcount" before a hard reset. It worked for me.
    I've been using my 700w for a little more than 1 year, putting it through a lot more than it was designed for. Live Search stretches it more than anything else. I use "Space Reclaimer" to manage the memory and clean things up. Seems to work well on the 700w.