Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Is there any programs that would allow me to set up calendars by periods instead of monthly? My company works on 13 periods per year.

Thanks

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    I'm curious... why? First time I heard of something like this... not that I've heard much... Is it because of the extra "period"?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Why? Because the company I work for plans everything by period and not month. I would like a calendar of a period to display and not a month.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    a search of the entire 125pp datebk6 manual for either '13' or 'thirteen' brings up nothing. its considered the most configurable calendar program.

is it common for companies to organise their time this way?

cheers

geoff
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Since I cannot be helpful, I can try to be humorous ... there is the lunar calander... then there is the loony calander... by any chance is this company "TotallyPissedOff"?

There is something called "HDMaker" (freeware) that you could possibly use to enter custom information as offsets from a particular date. Maybe that would be useful... That way, you can enter custom indicators into the "normal" calander that most people tend use because everybody else does so.

Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    hmm, greenhex, like me i think you have made the mistake of considering PalmOS apps, whereas this is a windows forum.

i get caught out like this because i always use the "New Posts" option.

anyway Zeus, ignore my comments at least

cheers
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I knew something was very wrong...
    13 periods of 4 weeks each equals a 52 weeks. From an accounting standpoint, that's easier to deal with than 12 variable months. I worked with (not for) one company that organized things that way. I'm not aware of a calendar program that support it, though.

Do you work for CSC, Zeus?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Have you thought about using a spreadsheet to create your own?

May not be as configurable, but that depends on what you need/want it to do.

Just a thought.
    RJuhl
    We get paid every other week, so some months there are 3 pay periods. It's like a free paycheck. :-)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I actually work for a multi-billion dollar snack company.

Treo 700wx Alltel

Honda Valkyrie Rider