1.    #1  
    First off I must say this is a great website! I have already looked around and made changes and some downloads to my 750. But I have a few things I need help with. Yes, I read the instructions and did a search. But I did not see anything about these issues.

All I have changed so far is I added the Treo Alerts (which is great by the way) and the sound fix. I am still using WM5.

1. When the phone is about to ring it the screen lights up for a good 3-5 seconds before the phone rings and shows a caller ID. The the ringer sounds for only a few more seconds before it sends the call to voice mail. So once I finally hear the ring tone and get to the phone it already has stopped ringing. Is there a way to lengthen the number of rings before it goes to voice mail? Or have the phone react to the incoming call quicker? I hate that I have yet to receive a call when it rings. I always miss it and have to call back the person. Even when holding the phone I have missed calls. This brings me to the next issue.

2. When the phone is ringing I hit the "answer" button or the green call button there is a delay before the person can hear me. And a lot of times when I hit the "answer" button the phone continues to ring then send the call to voice mail.

3. When the phone is ringing the phone voice calls out the phone number. I don't like this option. But I like when I have a reminder set and it reads me the reminder. Is there a way to change the settings so it reads the reminder but not the phone number on incoming calls? I tried in Treo Alerts as there is a voice setting. I set it as off and it continues to call the number out. SO not sure what I am doing wrong there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by 86merc View Post
    All I have changed so far is I added the Treo Alerts (which is great by the way) and the sound fix. I am still using WM5.
    Definitely upgrade to WM6!

1. When the phone is about to ring it the screen lights up for a good 3-5 seconds before the phone rings and shows a caller ID. The the ringer sounds for only a few more seconds before it sends the call to voice mail. So once I finally hear the ring tone and get to the phone it already has stopped ringing. Is there a way to lengthen the number of rings before it goes to voice mail? Or have the phone react to the incoming call quicker? I hate that I have yet to receive a call when it rings. I always miss it and have to call back the person. Even when holding the phone I have missed calls. This brings me to the next issue.
    Are you using an mp3 file as your ringtone? If so, is it stored on the storage card or in main memory? For faster playing of the ringtone, ensure it is in main memory and if a mp3 file, cut it down to about 30 seconds (there are a number of shareware PC apps that can do this for you. Also, go to Menu -> Preferences -> Phone Settings -> Services tab -> Call Forwarding. Make sure Forward After: is set to 30 seconds

2. When the phone is ringing I hit the "answer" button or the green call button there is a delay before the person can hear me. And a lot of times when I hit the "answer" button the phone continues to ring then send the call to voice mail.
    This is typically because the mp3 file used as a ringtone is too long and takes a while for the system to stop playing it...

3. When the phone is ringing the phone voice calls out the phone number. I don't like this option. But I like when I have a reminder set and it reads me the reminder. Is there a way to change the settings so it reads the reminder but not the phone number on incoming calls? I tried in Treo Alerts as there is a voice setting. I set it as off and it continues to call the number out. SO not sure what I am doing wrong there.
    Go to Start ->Settings -> Voice Command, select Phone and choose the Options button. There you can disable "Announce Incoming Calls"
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Definitely upgrade to WM6!
    haha I should have said I have not had time to upgrade yet. I plan to this weekend.

Are you using an mp3 file as your ringtone? If so, is it stored on the storage card or in main memory? For faster playing of the ringtone, ensure it is in main memory and if a mp3 file, cut it down to about 30 seconds (there are a number of shareware PC apps that can do this for you. Also, go to Menu -> Preferences -> Phone Settings -> Services tab -> Call Forwarding. Make sure Forward After: is set to 30 seconds
    I was thinking that "call forwarding" was.....well never mind makes perfect sense now. haha But with the adjusted time it gives me plenty of time to get the call answered at least. So that works great.

This is typically because the mp3 file used as a ringtone is too long and takes a while for the system to stop playing it...
    I read that issue with the mp3 files. I didn't even attempt to complicate or confuse things more. For now I am just using the preset sounds on the phone.

Go to Start ->Settings -> Voice Command, select Phone and choose the Options button. There you can disable "Announce Incoming Calls"
    Ahhh. I was in the voice command menu but never highlighted "phone" and clicked on options. That was what I needed.

Thanks a lot. That helps me out a bunch.

Now I am off to explore other programs and tricks this thing does. Already surfed the web, , got e mails, read exel files, got road maps off google maps. I must say I love this phone so far. Not sure what I ever did with out a smart phone. lol
    Now I am off to explore other programs and tricks this thing does. Already surfed the web, , got e mails, read exel files, got road maps off google maps. I must say I love this phone so far. Not sure what I ever did with out a smart phone. lol

Pocket PC (PPC). SmartPhones do not have a touch screen and run a completely different version of the OS. (many more subtle differences as well)

It sounds trivial, but it's an important distinction to make, especially when looking for software. You can't run most smartphone software, and they can't run most PPC software.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html