1.    #1  
    My Treo 700wx that I have had for less than a year is very choppy when it comes to video recording. No matter what setting its on. I haven't used it in quite some time as my account was deactivated but I recently reactivated it. Anyhow, I just tried my old 650 and the video is perfect, even after a few hundred times I've dropped it. I don't get it. I have not tried any soft resets or anything as of yet, but I am not opposed to it if it's suggested. Any help is much appreciated. I tried searching before posting but did not have any results.

Also on a seperate note.. I cannot seem to send my videos via bluetooth to my pc when I was able to before. I have no clue why it is not working. The error message I get when sending to my bluetooth PC is "An error occurred sending file "\storage Card\DCIM\043.3g2".
    Unfortunately it does not go into anymore detail.

I have tried sending it via other ways and they work, even through activesync with the bluetooth connection, however without the activesync it just does not work.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    *bump*
    I have the same problem with the 700wx. video is horrible. come on peps help us =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul700wx View Post
    I have the same problem with the 700wx. video is horrible. come on peps help us =P
    I don' know if this helps any as i have a 700w but I had issues with the native video recording app and the crummy 3g2 codec that it records in.

I have used Ateksoft Coolcamera with far better results. Also I'd like to mention an observation that certain name brands of SD cards work better than others. I am using a standard Sandisk 2.0gb card and i get roughly 17 FPS while recording video. I had purchased a Transcend 180x card with worse results. The framerate dropped below 12 fps and was choppy. Coolcamera records in avi (mjpeg) and has different quality setting % to choose from.

The video has choked a bit in some recordings. It is best to do a soft reset right before you know you are going to record.

http://www.ateksoft.com/features.html Not free but $17 USD not bad.

Sarge
  5.    #5  
    *UPDATE* Just tried it, works great.

I'll give that a try. Thanks! I have a Kingston 512 MB SD card and I recently bought a 2 GB Kingston. Do you know if they have problems with the 700wx? The 512 works perfectly for everything else, even on my Treo 650 that my girlfriend now uses.

Quote Originally Posted by sargeslaughter View Post
    I don' know if this helps any as i have a 700w but I had issues with the native video recording app and the crummy 3g2 codec that it records in.

I have used Ateksoft Coolcamera with far better results. Also I'd like to mention an observation that certain name brands of SD cards work better than others. I am using a standard Sandisk 2.0gb card and i get roughly 17 FPS while recording video. I had purchased a Transcend 180x card with worse results. The framerate dropped below 12 fps and was choppy. Coolcamera records in avi (mjpeg) and has different quality setting % to choose from.

The video has choked a bit in some recordings. It is best to do a soft reset right before you know you are going to record.

http://www.ateksoft.com/features.html Not free but $17 USD not bad.

Sarge
    Last edited by XaXiS; 04/17/2008 at 12:34 PM.