1.    #1  
    It came maybe a day later than we expected, but it's here and it's pretty impressive. Is it worth 15 bucks? Probably, but there are 3 critical issues that we find annoying:

- No trial version
    - No cab download (in fact, the exe doesn't include the cabs at all, it requires you to choose your device and then you download the actual installer)
    - The game will only store your most recent 2 songs, making you redownload the other songs. That, my friends, is *whack*. At least give us the option to store songs on the storage card.

Overall I found it much more responsive than the BlackBerry Pearl edition -- whether that's due to the faster processor, a better build, or just the fact that I'm better at it than I was two weeks ago is left as an exercise to the reader.

Read more at http://www.wmexperts.com/reviews/sof...on_window.html
    No Treo 750 support, that sucks!
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    What a fun video review Dieter! Well done and very entertaining! ;-)
    Well done review. However, I don't get the appeal of mashing three different buttons on my phone and how that experience translates to strumming a guitar. The whole appeal is that you can pretend to be Slash out there strumming Paradise City. This feels more like a childrens color matching game. Am I that out of touch at 28?
    nice vid deets and like pdaluver said, very entertaining!

@NorCalAngler
    You're probably right but for $15 (great price point) this could be a nice, quick time killer.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Star Power!!
    Isn't it pathetic that with its DLC and achievements, that this has better features than my Wii version? Hey I bet it even has stereo sound!

(For the record, don't know if it does or not, but was mocking how the original Wii version was mono before they sent out replacements.)

Also, I do notice that if you alternate between control methods that sometimes a button will stick for a little too long. Ie, I tried playing with my right hand on the directions controlling star power and the right button, and left hand on the number pad controlling the left two buttons on 4&5. A couple times when I went from the right button to the middle or the right to the left, the second press just wouldn't register in time. Maybe its saying I should challenge myself more and just use one hand

It's actually as someone said a pretty fun timewaster, obviously doesn't simulate playing a guitar though.

One thing I did notice is that I installed the game to my storage card. For each new song it'll download a "sng_<songname>.bar" file. I tried copying a song to a different directory and then copying it back after downloading a new song to see if it'd notice that there were now 3 songs in the directory, and it worked, so you can just download them all once and copy them one at a time in a file manager and you're set.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/11/2008 at 01:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    One thing I did notice is that I installed the game to my storage card. For each new song it'll download a "sng_<songname>.bar" file. I tried copying a song to a different directory and then copying it back after downloading a new song to see if it'd notice that there were now 3 songs in the directory, and it worked, so you can just download them all once and copy them one at a time in a file manager and you're set.
    GENIUS!!
    Actually, what's really weird is after doing that with one track last night, now it doesn't seem to be deleting any of them when I download a new one, which is perfect.
    Or, even easier, set the initial two sng_*.bar files to read-only, and all subsequent songs will be downloaded and saved!
    I would like to give it a whirl but have a 700wx. Has anyone tried it on one of the 'non-listed' devices?

LLB
    So I don't know if anyone downloaded the June content yet... Finally, some really hard stuff. Stricken on Expert is the first song I've failed playing this.